1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Genshin Impact

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Gengar, Oct 8, 2020.

1. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

I'm at c5 Xingqui - I'll roll for him for a bit. I won't be pissed if I get Kokomi but I'm still stopping before soft pity to try for someone else.

2. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    She's definitely going to be a skip for me. I could probably use a hydro healer/applicator that is built perfectly for mililith set, but good god her English VA is cringe.

3. diesIovis

diesIovis Seventh Year

I like the 4 stars and could use 1 XQ to C6 him, but I got a guaranteed pity and I'm not touching this. Last time I was in this situation and dared my luck I got Albedo @40 and didn't get Ganyu due to lack of primos after and while Albedo is fine and I use him he's not Ganyu. I have Mona and XQ so enough hydro for now and I can't stand Kokomi, so super skip on this banner.

4. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Before Ayaka I would have bitten your hand off for Ganyu, especially with my Amos bow sitting there doing nothing...

But Yae doe...

I'd like to see a proper Hydro carry come tbh. Can't see any on the horizon though.

Actually, instead of new characters I'd love it if they went back and touched up some of the completely underused ones. How they do that I'm not sure.

XiangYang, Keqing, Qiqi, Amber, Lisa etc.

5. Ched

Is Kokomi really a solid upgrade to anyone we have already?

Xingqui seems to be a better hydro applicator and Barbara is competitive as a healer if you're comparing her c6 to Koko at c0, yeah? Or am I wrong there?

I do like the playstyle of essentially dropping a turret to heal but what does she really have going for her? I can't see a team that would be noticably improved by her.

6. Clerith

Clerith Ahegao Emperor ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    It's likely Childe and Hu Tao in 2.2. As weird as Childe having a third banner is.

Ganyu could be in 2.3, though.

I'm definitely saving during Kokomi and the reruns. Kokomi doesn't really look like she's very strong, and she doesn't really fit into any of the meta comps. I definitely don't need her, so I'm saving again. I need to, after losing Raiden 50/50 and the weapon banner 50/50... 210 wishes this banner, with only c0 Raiden to show for it.

If you still lack good dps, Ganyu and Hu Tao are great pulls, though.

7. diesIovis

diesIovis Seventh Year

Weapon banner is like a bottomless pit, going into that and expecting to not get burned is very optimistic to say the least. I've tried once and got a Harp that wasn't even featured. I guess it'll have to do for the C1 Ganyu I will be pulling, if I'm lucky enough to get her ofc.

8. Gengar

High Score:
    Frankly, as a 5* she needed to provide more than Bennett if they wanted ppl to pull. Some kind of significant utility to go along with heading imo. Hydro applicator ain't enough for me.

Maybe she's secretly op carry, but i doubt it.

I'm perfectly happy with Jean, Qiqi and Bennett tyvm.

9. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    She improves on Barbara in most ways, but has some key failings.

Improvements:

1) Her E is a damaging turret, heals the active char, applies hydro, and only puts wet on herself, not perpetual wet like Barbara. It's off-field damage and incremental healing with no downside, which Barb simply does not provide with her "Freeze me, Daddy" E skill.

2) Her HP and heal scaling contributes to her damage, so you don't pick between dps set / heal set. You just build her as a big chonky fish.

3) Her burst is damaging and the chunk damage scales significantly off of HP, with the added ability to full team heal if needed.

These things will all contribute to faster content clears.

Flaws

1) You have to cuddle with enemies for her E heal.

2) Her full team heal kit is greedy, and greedy healers are not what you want generally. To get the full heal, you have to spend a few seconds dropping normals/charged post burst (which will be pretty fat according to the number crunchers, so it's a bit unclear if it'll be a large dps loss). You can't swap her in and get a full team heal / ressurection and swap her out like you can with C6 Barbara, so she really falls behind there, but her E heals are looking to be so thick you're probably going to get by on those alone.

Tldr: Barbara is a mistake eraser with the major flaw of self wetting. Kokomi is supplemental damage + healing for the teams/players that don't really need a flat healer. Both are inferior to Best Girl Jean.

Ayato is very probably hydro (firmly supported by the banner motifs in the Kamisato house) and a dps according to the CN "uncles". When/if we get him is anyone's guess.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2021
  10. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    Also did y'all see this shit? Mihoyo be giving us real life commissions, and then making all the rewards a raffle where 10% get a free welkin, and 90% get 100k mora. Reddit, twitter, and weibo are on fire.

Didn't really think the anniversary could somehow get less impressive than it already was.

11. diesIovis

diesIovis Seventh Year

I was honestly not surprised, this is basically what they did before. Remember the event where they gave away millions or whatever primos and people got 108, but some people got 288. The award was shit in the first place, but no let's make even more people angry by doing that. I just don't understand the thought process behind it.

I don't really care about the rewards, I'll keep playing as long as I find it enjoyable so this doesn't matter to me, but some do care and it's like they are trying to make as many people pissed as they can and boy are they doing a good job...

12. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    I don't get it either. They made literal billions in pure profit this year. Raiden was their highest grossing banner ever. Why do something you KNOW is going to unilaterally piss everyone and their mother off (and you have precedent to show that this will be the case), when it would cost you a sliver of chump change to be unilaterally generous?

Maybe they aren't really aware of how powerful "good guy game dev" status is in the gaming market. Maybe their goal is to become a Tencent competitor and to do that they need to adopt all the same stingy practices. I dunno.

13. Gengar

High Score:
    If you want to know why, go look in the comments of the videos criticising Mihoyo.

Degenerate Gacha Stans are literally the worst humans on Earth.

14. lopeck

lopeck Groundskeeper

15. Gengar

High Score:
    Ngl, seeing the basically universal outrage is reassuring.

Still, dunno if they give a single fuck.

16. Ched

Still not planning to go for Koko but hot damn I thought she was fun in her trial. Going to roll up to soft pity trying for XQc6 and if I get her I won't be mad.

17. Gengar

High Score:
    What did you like about her? Her mechanics in her burst? Jesus etc lol

18. Ched

Every game I play I'm always into pets/turrets. This one is no different.

I love Fischl because of Oz and I liked Koko because she has a skill (not burst) that provides a turret that heals.

Gouba has disappointing range.

It's just the playstyle I gravitate towards. Like how Axton was the only BL2 basic character I considered playing (until I bought the DLC anyway).

19. Gengar

High Score:
    Interesting. I can get that, though I kinda wish the turrets in this game were a bit more... spectacular? Less fire and forget?

I'm not sure how that manifests. Basically whenever I drop Oz there's so much shit happening on the screen that I can barely even see him. Maybe if he moved around on his own and did things you had to react to? That's less turret and more pet at that point though.

That would of course necessitate some kind of HUD with better buff/debuff tracking to clean up the noise.... I'm sorry, I couldn't even finish typing that sentence out without laughing at my own hubris. As if I, a mere player, could ask for QoL changes!

20. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    I am the same. Turrets are my shit. I am that asshole in Star Wars Battlefront that used jetpack and rapid turret to put the turret in the most obscenely inaccessible spot while I sniped people from a distance.

Kokomi's E is great and her damage is fine for a healer. It's just the logic of her burst healing that is lackluster. You don't want a greedy healer. If they wanted to fix her and make her legit, all they need to do is make her burst chunk heal the whole party and have the post-burst effect only be damage bonus.