1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Everything Else II: Not As Good As The Original

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by MonkeyEpoxy, Jun 11, 2020.

1. Quick Ben

Quick Ben In ur docs, stealin ur werds.

Just watched this.
    It looks ok.
    Fallout in space basically.

But OMG, the moment i had a 1000 planets, the first thought that went through my head was..."holy shit the modders are going to go absolutely crazy with this game".

Like Starfield might surpass Skyrim in longevity due to this.

Modders can create their own mini full games on specific planets

Really excited to see what they will do this

2. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

There is going to be full conversion mods and it may be amazing.

3. Odran

Odran Fourth Champion

Dragon's Dogma 2 is officially confirmed to be in development.

upload_2022-6-17_13-13-51.png

Who knows how long it will take, but hey, it's been ten years since the original game.

4. Erandil

Erandil Minister of Magic

I recently played Chaos Gate: Deamonhunters which is perhaps best described as (new) X-Com in Wh40k but while I overall enjoyed the game it has a somewhat lacking enemy design/encount design for a game of its length and it does a terrible job at denoting what timeframe the main missions should be completed in or even if there is a negative effect from delaying to much. And whoever decided that in a game where the skills of the heroes are key it would be a good idea to give you characters with their skill trees already filled in and no way to re-skill (at least as I have seen so far though maybe it requires that one of your squad actually dies which hasn't happened to me so far) should be fired.

5. Agayek

Agayek Dimensional Trunk DLP Supporter

You can respec characters, but it requires the dead bodies of other characters. You gotta build the stasis tank upgrade, then after a knight dies, they get put in stasis and you can use their body to respec your other characters (not the hero character(s?) that you can't see the skill tree on though, those are locked).

It's really obtuse and they never actually explain it in the game, I only found out cuz I, too, was annoyed by it and found a couple articles that explained it when I went looking.

In better news, I just finished playing through Hardspace: Shipbreaker, and it's a real good time. It's one of those job-sim games, ala Viscera Cleanup Detail or whatever, where you do a relatively mundane task in an interesting setting. This game's premise is "you're a junkyard salvage worker, In Space!". You start up, pick a ship to dismantle, then you've got 15 minutes to salvage as much of the ship as you can. Each ship is a puzzle, with parts that have specific ways to come off in order to not lose all the value of them, and figuring out how to most efficiently do that, so you can fit it inside the time limit, while also maximizing your profits in the process is a lot of fun.

There's also a surprisingly charming story in the campaign for it, about effectively a group of blue-collar laborers dealing with a hostile megacorp sending the stereotypical middle-manager over to... increase efficiency. The characters are all likable and engaging, and the story is pretty damn good. I highly recommend this one for anyone who's even slightly interested in it.

6. Arthellion

Arthellion Lord of the Banned ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    So trailers haven't really wowed me, but this gameplay feature was actually pretty good. The dialogue feels a bit corny, but *fingers crossed*

7. Shinysavage

Shinysavage Madman With A Box ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Not sure whether it's the dialogue or the voice acting that's letting it down, to be honest, but either way it sounded weak. Gameplay looked fine, but nothing to write home about.

8. Arthellion

High Score:
    It feels like a poor man's Marvel's Spiderman?

9. Odran

Odran Fourth Champion

And we're getting that on PC next Friday.

10. Odran

Odran Fourth Champion

Speaking of Spider-Man, I have now spent over 14 hours of playing it and one of the most useless thing about the game is the fast travel system. Who in their right mind would do this when you can just web-swing?

11. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I did my entire Miles Morales playthrough without fast traveling a single time.

12. Shinysavage

Shinysavage Madman With A Box ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    There was a trophy attached to it, IIRC, and some mildy amusing cut-scenes, but yeah, otherwise pointless.

13. Arthellion

High Score:
  14. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I rewatched all of Initial D recently (TOGETHERRRRRRR, FOREVERRRRRRRR) and, understandably, I was feeling the itch.

Picked up a racing game for the first time in years (Gran Turismo 7).

Fast Forward one month and I'm just about to buy a Thrustmaster T-GT II (best force feedback wheel I can get in Australia) and become a legend like Godfumi.

As an aside, when Takumi's AE86 popped up in the used car shop in GT7 I lost my motherfucking mind.

15. Arthellion

High Score:
    Just finished the first Trails in the Sky Game. Started the Second Chapter almost immediately.

It starts very lighthearted and fun, but does delve into a deeper political mystery. Gives into some of the Anime tropes, but the main characters are quite charming and there is a surprising amount of lore built in.

Gameplay is fairly simple but fun. All in all an enjoyable JRPG and I'm looking forward to playing through the whole series.

16. Arthellion

High Score:
    So finished the Trails in the Sky Trilogy.

Not gonna lie, I'm marking this down as one of my favorites of all time. It just grows on you. Third Chapter got super dark and yet the surface still maintained a very lighthearted and charming atmosphere...but only on the surface.

Starting Trails of Cold Steel now.

17. Sowaka

Sowaka Second Year

Zero and Ao (Azure) are next though, I believe.

18. Arthellion

High Score:
    Yeh technically. Did some research that said chronologically you’re better off playing TOCS 1 & 2 then going back to Zero and Azure before doing TOCS 3&4.

Since Azure isn’t fully localized yet, figured I’d take that path.

19. Arthellion

High Score:
    A friend gifted me Gotham knights. been playing. All in all, it's not a bad game. not one worth buying full price for, but the story is solid if not great. Combat is actually pretty fun once you learn the controls. I'll say, the controls feel a bit janky at first and it's not as intuitive as it could be, but once I got a handle on them it's pretty fun. this game is like a lesser version of Marvel's Spiderman but better than Marvel's Avengers imo

20. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Apparently there is a new Star Ocean? I hadn't heard a single thing about it until browsing the PS store. Anyone played it yet? Any good?

SO5 was such a letdown.