1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Andor

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by KHAAAAAAAN!!, Sep 21, 2022.

1. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    One might hope Disney would recognize that with the amount of shows they're vomiting onto Disney+, they can afford to have a show that doesn't have universal appeal and is good in its own niche, but that would require corporate execs at Disney to be human and we all know they're lizard people.

2. Drachna

Drachna Professor

High Score:
    I think that they might just cut the budget a bit. Given that most of Andor was shot on location instead of in 'the volume', I'd imagine that its production costs were quite high in comparison to shooting in a simulated environment like the did on the Mandalorian. Since Andor does have a lot more episodes than the other SW shows, maybe they'll only need two seasons, which would address my concerns about Disney sidelining or changing it too much.

3. Stealthy

Stealthy Groundskeeper

Andor will only have two seasons, this was already decided before the first one aired. Sad we’re not getting more, but glad they aren’t planning to drag it out. Here’s hoping they don’t panic and fill the second season with useless cameos. This show was great after the third episode

4. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Ok, finally binged this. What an amazing show. Just from start to finish, it took a specific approach and executed it perfectly.

I loved how the empire was portrayed, it was a caricature, it has real depth.

I'd been avoiding all SW since the sequel trilogy, but this was worth diving back in for. Gonna go watch Rogue One now.

5. fire

fire Order Member

Andor was brilliant, and the prison break arc especially is up there with the very best and most breathtaking fiction in TV.

6. CrackedMind

CrackedMind Minister of Magic

I had been turned off of most of the Star Wars shows before this, but finally decided to give Andor a try- and binged it all in about 8 days lol.

Incredible show. Loved so many of the side characters- Syrel and his mom (does Judaism exist in Star Wars, or just domineering jewish mothers?) Brasso, Bix, Kino, etc.

Loved that the planets we see feel real. They feel like they have cultures and traditions, and feel unique in ways that a lot of other planets in the Star Wars galaxy don’t. We didnt get Tatooine or a sand planet that might as well be- we got Ferrix, and Aldhani, etc.

I swear, Maarva’s droid Bee was breaking my heart in the last two episodes. Just reminded me of my dog and made me think of how she’d feel if I was gone, and it made my very sad lol. Especially when he said all he wanted was Maarva back. Was not prepared for that at 12:30 AM when I was finishing the show.

Ep 10 I think was my favorite. The prison break + Kino and Luthen’s speeches were hard to top.

Looking forward to the next season, and hope that we see a lot more shows like this from Disney in the future