1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon Fan Games

Discussion in 'Pokémon' started by Alindrome, Sep 4, 2011.

1. Otters

Otters Groundskeeper ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'd suggest Infinite Fusion.

As the name suggests, it's the one which lets you fuse Pokémon. Lets you get both the nostalgia hit of familiar faces while spicing it up by literally remixing them.

2. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Ah, I should have said, I need it to work on a Mac. -_-

Can't do windows virtualisation on the M1.

3. raobuntu

raobuntu Seventh Year

High Score:
    I would suggest open emu for the mac: https://openemu.org/. Then, you grab the ROM and open using openemu to play

4. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I do know Mac emulators, but some of these games don't use roms. From the FAQ:

"Can I play it on Mac?
    Yes and no. The game is only compatible with Windows, but it's possible to run it on Mac by using Wine or a Windows emulator. This will affect the performance however."

5. Pantricelog

Pantricelog First Year

Not sure if anyone plays Pokemmo, but they just released Johto the other day.

6. Villanelle

Villanelle Groundskeeper

High Score:
    Over the past few months, I've played:

- Insurgence, again. It was nice, a lot of fun playing with the delta types, notably spider-Metagross, ice/electric Gardevoir, and water/steel Haxorus

- Pokemon Añil. A pleasant if somewhat forgettable Kanto remake. Not very difficult, has a wonder trade feature which is very easy to abuse. Send in a truant Slaking and receive a legendary

- Radical Red on hardcore difficulty. It's been a long time since any game has held my attention for this long. There's something masochistic and addictive about this. It took me weeks to be Koga on my first attempt, and for some reason, I wanted to try again.

Over and over.

Sometimes without randomiser, often with ability randomiser.

Don't have it in me to attempt a nuzlocke or deathless run, but I've finished the game with 4 mons, and will try the E4 with 3 only on this current run

Granted, I have some absolutely broken pokemon, such as Meowscarada and Dragapult with huge power, which I believe doubles their attack stat

In the last run with four mons, it took a lot of tries to get through the E4, and even more than all those combined to get past the rival champion fight

It's an unfair mode to play on. The bosses have access to all moves, abilities and terrain/weather, while you're left without setup moves like d-dance or calm mind, and there's permanent weather/terrain + an additional effect in many gyms

For example, it's always sunny fighting Blaine and water moves don't work

Or Koga with a permanent tailwind and trick room Sabrina. Both require tanky pokemon, but Koga's a fair bit harder