1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Turn Me Loose: A Harry Potter Adventure by JBern - M

Discussion in 'General Fics' started by jbern, Sep 1, 2007.

1. Void

Void First Year

About Hermione, I didn't get the sense that harry was forgiving her. He pretty much ignored her throughout the entire time she was there. Harry seemed to have a plan going in about how he wanted to treat everyone and with Hermione that plan was neatly de-railed by Dumbledore and the oath. After the big fight with Voldefilch going out of his way to be cruel to her probably seems like a waste of time and counter-productive to getting the wards recharged as fast as possible.

Hermione was probably the one who was going to suffer the most anyway. She grew up a lonely, bossy, know-it-all. Her insecurities are most likely tied to her looks and her friends. Now Harry has dropped her as a friend, her boyfriend Ron is dating Lavender, and she just offered her body to a boy and he turned her down. How badly will that eat at her?

Not to mention how the seventh years (especially the seventh year girls) are taking a sixth-year as head girl. Harry doesn't need to have sex with her to screw her over, he just has to let drop that the reason they're no longer friends is that Hermione was dosing him with a love potion and let the gossip mill tear her to shreds.

We haven't seen Ginny yet but Ron seems even more monumentally stupid than he is in canon. And just as fickle. He broke up Harry and Hermione, started dating Hermione, and now is happily running around with Lavender. He didn't think there was anything strange with everyone play musical relationships? Also, who's money does he think paid for his time at Quidditch camp? It certainly wasn't his families.

The people that Harry should really let have it with both barrels are Molly and Arthur. They showed their true colors when they switched Harry's girlfriend to accommodate their son. A selfish move and one that shows Harry just how much of a part of their family he really is.

2. Kardikek

Kardikek Groundskeeper

I think it was stressed several times how unappealing Hermione actually is at this point of time. Underweight, stressed out, exhausted. Now compare that to seeing Fleur's tits. If you're having grudge sex atleast do it with someone you find attractive.

And yes about the weasley issue. Ron really must have nothing between his ears. He may not have actively known or been the instigator to the switch but he sure as hell would have known after the switch. Considering his idiocy that might in his eyes excuse his behaviour of going after Lavender.
    But Molly, oh boy.. Does she know Ron's going out with Lavender now? That she fucked up with Harry's mind to have her darling Ron a bit happier only for him to pull what he did? I'm betting she has no idea what Ron has done.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2007
  3. Banner

Banner Dark Lady

* sneer *
    I really can't express my disdain for Molly - user and betrayer. Harry TRUSTED her; she knew he saw her as a parent, and she cheerfully screwed with his head and his hormones. She probably saw this as a golden opportunity to get her hands on Harry's family money, and the Potter name. Ginny wants him, and it won't be difficult to get him to fall for her, so it isn't really bad. As for Arthur ... well, he's either henpecked to the point of not even being an adult any more (which is pretty much canon,) or he's willfully blind.
    Molly's betrayal is sickening. Arthur's betrayal is digusting; he's become nothing but a follower. Dumbledore and Ron's betrayals are only to be expected. I never really trusted Lupin, anyway. What drives me WILD is the twins. For some reason, I can deal with everyone else, but Fred and George ... gah! They owe him their father's life, their sister's life And Soul, and the money they needed to get away from the Umbitch, money (I might add) to replace what they STUPIDLY lost gambling. Did they somehow manage to twist this around into thinking it was a harmless prank?

JBERN, pleasepleaseplease have Harry warn Neville about Ginny's strawberry lipstick. Poor Neville is screwed up enough without being subjected to a mind-control drug.

4. Ragon

Ragon Dark Lord

Is Neville going to have a place in this fic?

5. jbern

jbern Alba Mater

Hadn't really planned on it. I'm sure there'll be a point where Harry pulls Neville aside and tries to set him straight about the Ginmeister.

Jim

6. Lord Hoth

Lord Hoth Squib

Why would she look like an 11 year old? she should be 16.

7. [KS18]Raziel44

[KS18]Raziel44 Card Captored and buttsecksed

Every year since Hagrid told you that you were a wizard, you’ve been fighting other people’s battles. One would think a six hundred year old coot would have figured out how to protect his own damn stone! Surely, this wasn’t the first time someone tried to ‘Nick’ it? Slay a thousand year old monster? Sure why not! It’s not like anyone else was going to bloody well do it. Dementors make great truancy officers – stay in school or lose your soul! Hey Harry, we’ve decided to host a dangerous tournament, hope you don’t mind that someone entered you. No, nothing suspicious about that, is there? Students of Hogwarts, presenting Delores Umbridge! The less said about that, the better. lolz this story is awesome 5/5 xs

8. Banner

Banner Dark Lady

Look, I'm all about consent, but I'm sure it won't take AD more than a few minutes to convice Hermione to consent (or convince her that she's already consented - the old jerk is GOOD at that sort of thing, and she does follow orders slavishly.) I'm not saying that Harry should rape her, but she'll certainly lie down if it's for the "greater good." Tell her to close her eyes and think of England. I've started calling her "Granger Iscariot" in my head, and thinking of the others as "Slut Weasel" and "Whore Weasel" as well (Ron does it for money.)

By the way, Harry needs some way of keeping his wand nearby when he transforms. Maybe a (heavily enchanted) wand holster that will morph when he changes shape? The spells can't be more difficult than changing your own shape, right? The holster is already dead, so Harry can practice and experiment with the idea. I bet Aurors have an answer for this problem. Or maybe some sort of summoning charm, so that it follows Harry around. I keep waiting for someone to pick it up and use it to frame him for something. Probably read too many Azkaban fics.

9. Manatheron

Manatheron Headmaster

I'd think the wand would morph with the rest of his body (and presumably clothing)

and I agree with Catiff, if there is no real love there it's rape regardless of how well she's been convinced.
    (Unless it's prostitution, but we won't go there... well, I won't anyway...)

10. Kardikek

Kardikek Groundskeeper

Clearly the idea of casual sex, sex without attachments or in this case, sex for the greater good fails on you.

11. Banner

Banner Dark Lady

We need to determine exactly how far each character is willing to go "for the greater good." If non-consensual kissing is PERFECTLY all right with the girls and AD and the Weasels, is it acceptable if a drugged Harry had put his hand down her pants? Or given her a blow job? Molly had actually contaminated the potion so that Harry couldn't get it up, thus protecting Ginny's "virtue." That would make the crime even more heinous to a court. Bad enough that a certified Potions Master knowingly make mind-control potions for use against a minor, then an amateur adulterates it for a secondary purpose. Could Harry claim some sort of restitution for the offenses against him?

And don't forget, the girls were actually using his drugged condition to get expensive gifts from him. Ginny and Granger were *laughing* about how eager he was to please them.

That headache that Harry had at the beginning of "Bungle" - was it a reaction to the drugs and adulterates, or was it an actual injury? Harry better check ALL his possessions, particularly Hedwig, for tracking charms. Often.

12. the-caitiff

the-caitiff Death Eater

Prostitution is a business deal so it isn't governed by sexual mores.

13. Tarnished Blade

Tarnished Blade Professor

That would make everyone who's had a one night stand a rapiest, everyone who has had a "fuck buddy", or any one who's had consentual sex with someone they don't love a rapiest.

While I think rape is a crime bordering on murder and child molestation in vileness (frankly after the news some times I think it should be a capital offense) I think this definition is a little victorian.

Its to bad all sex isn't with someone you love.

14. RagefulLlama

RagefulLlama Seventh Year

I don't think that is exactly what they are saying.

From what I get they are saying that it would be considered rape because Hermione is being talked (coerced) into having sex. As such it is not a decision that she came to on her own without outside influence. . . Perhaps I misunderstood or we are talking about different posts . . .

15. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

I think he should Polyjuice into Charlie and bang Cho. And then claim it was under Dumbledore's orders. Turnabout is fair play. >_>

16. Warlocke

Warlocke Fourth Champion

Yeah, Belerdorhan's remark had me scratching my head as well.

For the record, though; Hermione's birthday is in September, so by the time Harry returns to school in Turn Me Loose, she's actually 17. She's very nearly a year older than Harry.

Why, that's the rapiest thing I've ever heard! :rolleyes:

17. Hadoren

Hadoren High Inquisitor

Read the story, plz.

Kthxbai.

18. Warlocke

Warlocke Fourth Champion

Yes, well, there was the comment about her weight loss but I took that to be more a reference to her size than her overall appearance. She's already rather short and then, on top of that, she's lost a bunch of weight. Anyway, for to look like a third or fourth year, that puts her in the range of 13-15, considering she was 14 during her third year.

Looking like an eleven year-old doesn't figure into that in any way, whether you 'Read the story' or not.

Anyway...

I don't think Harry is being 'too nice' to Hermione right now. That she's upset about losing one of her best friends (shit, one of her ONLY friends) is her own damned fault, true, but she is still upset about it.

Now, in addition to that, she has been betrayed by Dumbledore, tricked into a situation by him that is not-so-slowly killing her, her douchebag of a boyfriend dumped her for Lav-Lav, one of her mentors (and we know how she is about authority figures) has just died horribly, she's head girl despite only being a sixth year student and the other kids are deliberately making things difficult for her and, though it's chiefly 'all in her head', she's looking down the barrel of a loveless deflowering and subsequent sessions of sex with someone who is openly hostile towards her at the moment.

To compound matters, Harry (a male teenager) has just turned her down for no-strings sex and she knows it's not his virtue holding him back, since he just revealed that his virginity is a thing of the past. I don't care who you are, that is usually a rather harsh blow to the ego. It's especially bad when it's the guy turning down the girl since guys always want sex, right? :rolleyes: More than likely, she'll go back to her room, look at her puffy, red, snotty, emaciated face in the mirror and start pounding her head against the wall in mortification at the way she just propositioned him but that's besides the point...

In case it was missed, Bungle was, in addition to being a funny and original HP adventure, a story about Harry coming of age, putting aside childishness and becoming a mature adult. Kicking Hermione while she's so undeniably down and presenting an easy target, while it may satisfy his vindictive impulses, would not be a very mature thing to do and, frankly, it would just take up time and energy that he could be devoting to translating those books, learning new skills and kicking Voldmemort's ass.

After all Voldemort is the thing that is threatening his life and that takes a little priority over making an already miserable Hermione feel even worse.

If he really meant what he wrote to Luna about friendship and forgiveness, at the end of Bungle, I don't see a reconciliation with Hermione as being impossible. Not that it's going to be easy or a sure thing, either. If Hermione wants even a shadow of their former friendship back, she's really going to have to put her money where her mouth is. After all, Harry also said that 'Deeds count more than words.'

Last edited: Nov 11, 2007
  19. Banner

Banner Dark Lady

If anyone knows how good Dumbledore is at getting people to do what AD wants, Harry Potter knows.
    Harry is aware that Granger is also a victim of Dumbledore's manipulations, although she more-or-less chose to cooperate in the drugging of Potter. I think Harry *can* forgive her, mostly by blaming AD, but I doubt he'll EVER really trust her again. It's probably just as well, frankly. We all have to grow out of that "He's my friend, he'll never let me down or mislead me" blind faith that children tend to have.

AD is also clever enough to predict how the older students would react to The Only Sixth Year Ever To Make Head Girl. I suspect that he factored that into his plan. Make Hermione (and therefore her boyfriend Harry Potter) even more isolated from the group, maybe get HP into fights over the kids' cruelty, use those setups to force Harry into more mind-control and obedience training.

And make Potter that much more willing to sacrifice himself if that becomes necessary.

20. Void

Void First Year

I'd like to bring up that, despite my raising the subject myself, we don't actually know anything about how the students are treating Hermione in regards to her being Head Girl. Unless I missed something how the other students are treating Hermione over it is pure speculation at this point.

With regards to the sex thing, remember Hermione came to Harry and he turned her down. If Hermione makes the decision to have sex with Harry to strengthen the wards later on when she isn't consumed with grief and Harry for some reason decides to go along with it then I see nothing wrong with that at all (from a moral standpoint anyway, from an aesthetic one it leaves much to be desired). With the way the oath is worded any coercion could end up being on Harry's side of things anyway.

We should probably see some of the kids who consider themselves the future leaders starting to sound out Harry. Harry represents a heckuva lot of power now beyond his fame, which wasn't inconsiderable before. Harry doesn't seem to be making any attempts to hide his feelings about anybody so rumours of the split between him and Dumbledore should become well known fairly quickly despite his willingness to work with the man. It may even impress certain people that he's willing to play the game to an extent.

Though it would be funny if Harry inadvertently starts a run on Gringotts by removing his money from it. If one of the first things Harry Potter, Ambassador from Brazil, does upon returning to England is remove his wealth from Gringotts people will take notice. And most likely wonder what he knows that would lead to such a decision.