1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mastermind Hunting by Louis IX - T

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by RagefulLlama, Nov 4, 2005.

1. tridentwatch

tridentwatch Looked into the void

I just dont like the true friends forever crap! It would be more bearable if he had not many friends and all. Like common, saving people and friends is so cliched now. Almost every fic I read has saappy friends part. Well there are a few that are pretty good like ip and vash's stoires.

2. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Well, the new chapter is finally up. It's mostly closing up several old subplots and making a clean slate for the next chapters, but there is one sweet duel added.

However, the most interesting thing about this chapter is that the author had tweaked it up so that the fic reaches exactly 500,000 words. Actually, Luis is lately rather obsessed by his word count, it seems his goal is to reach the title of the longest fic on FFN... shrugs, to each his own, I guess.

3. huntedorange

huntedorange Seventh Year

I could never get into this fic, i tried to read it a couple of times but i just couldnt get past the stuck in west germany bit, annoyed me to no end. I might try again at some point but at the moment i thinks its rather rubbish

4. KANE

KANE Groundskeeper

I read the first couple of chapters, but the happy nice dursleys made the fic seem a bit cheesy or surreal. Anyway, i couldn't really get into it very much... might give it another go when i have more time on my hands or i'm feeling risky.

5. Stalicon

Stalicon High Inquisitor

I liked this fic quite a bit, for awhile.... Then whe had gods and demons all over the place kinda lost intrest at that point.

6. Patrik f

Patrik f Guest

I agree, While I loved it in the beginning especially when Voldemort became a large human/snake hybrid so did the story start to go downhill when voldemort started to summon demons to possess his death eaters. Also I almost stopped reading when Harry suddenly had 3 arms for some reason.

7. radioactive

radioactive Third Year

As of last chapter, all of the summoned demons and whatnot (Snape became Raistlin Majere) are toasty, Snakeface is... well, Stupidface now (no more ultra-snake-power for him) and his fearsome army of darkness has been decmated to something like 30 DEs. The story is long, complex, detailed and a different kind of Super!Harry - he's not that powerfull, but his diverse abilities add up to ass-kicking-a-plenty. If you don't have anything else to read, you can waste a lot of time on this story.

8. noddwyd

noddwyd Third Year

hidden under the floorboards, in tiny pieces.
    The interesting thing about this last chapter was Voldemort being forced to learn some humility. However it does appear he still has the soul stones on his side which means he didn't die in the last battle, although he did lose a lot of power.

9. Anarual

Anarual Seventh Year DLP Supporter

I started reading it today and i'm on ch. 6 right now , its really good and everything is very detailed , the only thing that suck's is his age ... when bill asked how old he is and he said 10.. well before that all the Sorcerer's stone shit happened so i was he was about 11 , 12 so all the shit he's done at what age ? 7 , 8 ? WTF ?! an 8 year old playing with a gun ? adults listening to him and following his orders ?... Till now it's the only downside ..

10. Anarual

Anarual Seventh Year DLP Supporter

sorry for the grammar mistake in the 2 line , i wanted to right i thought not i was ;p

11. Renzhoulawyers

Renzhoulawyers Sent Back to India

This deserves to be in the library for its epic length. Period

12. Link

Link Order Member DLP Supporter

And your epic post necroed the thread of an epicly failed fanfiction. Lenght =/= Quality anyway, and here at DLP we like quality fanfictions not lenghty ones.

13. Erotic Adventures of S

Erotic Adventures of S Denarii Host

Well it recently got finished. The last chapter was so utterly crap I couldnt even read past the first third. It alone failed about 12 of the Potter laws. The author also is rather sick if he thinks that is a happy ending.

14. Bratling

Bratling Professor

While this is well-written, I have to give it a pass. It was fun at first, but it bogged down fairly quickly and became tiresome. I did, however, very much enjoy the part in which Harry and Draco had a martial arts duel. I give it 2.5/5 just because it drags far too much.

15. DarthBill

DarthBill The Chosen One

I liked it. Not so much the last chapter, but that only counts for about 1/100th of the story. I'd give it a 4/5 at least.

16. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Considering the ludicrous amount of plot arcs and characters this story contains, it's only natural that some will be excellent, some average and some just plain stupid. But overall, I think the good parts overweight the bad. If nothing else, the author deserves respect for the sheer effort and determination invested in finishing this monster-fic.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2008
  17. Mors

Mors Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Considering how few of stories of this length manage not to fall into random shittiness, this one deserves appreciation. Good job to the author.

18. Annalus

Annalus Muggle

I liked this story. It was well written, and although I haven't read the final chapter(Not having had the ten hours or so to reread the whole story), the good outweighed the bad by far. I don't know how this story fell into the recycling bin.

But, short stay or not, it's a 4 now, so it should be brought back into Alternates.