1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Harry Potter: The Shadow Mage by SilverAegis - M

Discussion in 'Trash Bin' started by cmuylistoooo, Dec 4, 2005.

1. cmuylistoooo

cmuylistoooo Fourth Year

Title: Harry Potter: The Shadow Mage
    Author: SilverAegis
    Category: General
    Rating: M
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2471069/1/
    Summary: Pre!HBP. A 6th year Fic. After Harry departed from the train station with his relatives, Harry begins his destiny into becoming the weapon to defeat Voldemort. On his way to become stronger, Harry discovers the Power the Dark Lord knows not.

Another one of this author's stories that i enjoy. I don't think they have been posted here, if they have i am sorry...the angel banging part was interestin, also the asian speaking part was chill with cho..

2. nonjon

nonjon Alumni Retired Staff

I have to overlook an awful lot in SilverAegis' stories, but I still enjoy them most of the time. For every cool interesting idea or scene it feels I just turn the other cheek to some lame "fell down anime style" distracting element, or whining crying babies or description of an eleven year old's emotions from a fourteen year old's point of view.

Though this latest chaper ended high on the unintentional comedy scale. This last author's note just cracked me up:

A/N: As you may notice, this story is not Beta. Why is it not? I do not know.

3. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Hrm...were I not such a nice guy, I would report this fic for stealing my dialogue. At least the author acknowledged it, but I would have preferred to have been asked beforehand. But I'll let it slide due to some Harry/Cho content and a cute angel girl.

4. Hubert

Hubert First Year

I see the words 'shadow mage' and I just cringe these days. I’ll give the fic the benefit of the doubt for now, until I have a read.

5. Lady Ghiradelli

Lady Ghiradelli First Year DLP Supporter

Ranma? o_O
    I'm in the middle of the first chapter, So Ill hold my judgement....Not horrible at the moment.

6. Cervus

Cervus Raptured to Hell

*sing song voice* I'm gonna tell on you, your not old enough to read this fic */sing song voice*

The good Lady should stick to the kiddies books. :wink:

Sorry, Cervus has been drinking Whisky again.

I think I've read this story before but I'll have to re-read to be sure. Thing is, it'll have to go to the bottom of the list due to not much time and too many fics to check out.

7. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Shadow Mage also makes me wince just thinking about what Harry is probably going to be pulling off in the story involving all teh kewl shadow powahs.

8. Hubert

Hubert First Year

I skimmed it and once again I was proved right. From now on if I see the words 'shadow mage' in the summary, I ain't touching it.

9. Lady Ghiradelli

Lady Ghiradelli First Year DLP Supporter

: P I read...many things......>.>

Its cool so far........But I read -almost- anything...

10. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

... neither are YOU for that matter, cervsu, so leave the poor girl and her dellusions alone...

I would also like to take this time to make the first statement of my lawyering career by making a statement on behalf of my client, the auhor of this ... thing..

Shadow powahs is teh sweetness and any story that doesnt have them is teh gay... phear my shadow powahs bitch! PHEAR THEM!

11. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

I actually thought the fic was pretty good. Though my opinion was largely shaped by the Harry/Cho fluff, so there you have it.

12. Belgarion213

Belgarion213 Slug Club Member

I had a look at this and stopped reading after only studying martial arts for a summer Harry was regarded as a 'true Martial Artist' and managed to hit Ranma Saotome. I burst out lauthing and went looking for something more to my tastes

13. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Nice spelling Vash... Cervsu... HAHA!

14. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

... shut up syaoran... need i castrate you with my handmixers?

15. Spacks

Spacks Order Member DLP Supporter

and he's over 21, so isn't he allowed to read anything on ff.net?

16. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

Here in the States we can legally view rated R material at 17...NC-17 at 18. Or something like that. 21 is most of our state's age limit for drinking.

17. Cervus

Cervus Raptured to Hell

I was 15 when I left school,
    Sixteen when I got my first job,
    At eighteen I was legal to drink alcohol.
    And well, I don't think it's against the law for me to read NC-17 fics.

You know, I still haven't managed to read this fic. Just keeps slipping my mind. I'll give it a go later I suppose.

Edit - I just checked. I have been legaly allowed to read NC-17 since I was, would you like to hazzard a guess? *drumroll* 17!

Edit 2 - Actually, that above was from a US site so I don't think it's true. Afer looking around for British age ratings on literacy I have come to the conclustion that either the internet is shit or there aren't any. All I can find are film age ratings (which are different to those of the US) and PEGI ratings (The Pan-European Game Information (PEGI) age rating system) for interactive software and games.

18. Mrriddler

Mrriddler High Inquisitor

Somewhere high, somewhere low and somewhere in bet
    rofl, you brits... maybe it got screwed up since the whole age of consent revisions, which I understand was universally to 18 2/3 years ago?

19. Lutris

Lutris Jarl Dovahkiin DLP Supporter

It did!?If you're right then...
    YES! Two years off in japan! 20->18!

w00t!

please excuse the l33t speak. I'm losing control of my giddiness.

20. Mrriddler

Mrriddler High Inquisitor

Somewhere high, somewhere low and somewhere in bet
    lmao...no I mean universally in britain, my bad. They had some weird ass consent laws where age of consent for homos was like 21/23 and hetero was like 16 and that caused a crap load of problems in the court...far as I understand it.

Really 20?!? in Japan? And I thought we were prudes... but no offense but don't you guys kind of do allow Enjo kōsai and have lolicon so I assumed the age of consent would be closer to Western European...