1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Dakaath: Prince of Darkness by LT2000 - M/NC17

Discussion in 'Restricted Section' started by LT2000, Jun 7, 2005.

1. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

I should...I'm sorta working on an update for my other fic at the moment. But really I'm addicted to Suikoden III more than anything else. I'll get to it soon I imagine.

2. Lord Necros

Lord Necros Slug Club Member

Ahhhhhhhhhh ye old trust comp/video games they can run your life for a awhile addicteds ain't they

3. Aura

Aura Seventh Year

Ah! Video games!

So addicting that sometimes you forget you have a life. I remember the first time i played FF7... now that was a good game.

Seriously though, I just wanna see an update. Love your Cho scenes. :cheers:

4. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

I'm starting work on a short chapter in the morning, should be up sometime late tomorrow. I've opted not to do the whole S&M deal I was considering with Harry and Cho...seems too OOC for Harry to play along with it. Instead I'll be detailing the Order's downfall and getting Dumbledore's perspective on recent events.

5. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Great, I'm always for more Dumbledore...

6. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

OH MY GAWD!!! AHHHHHH!!!

:squeals like a school girl in excitement:

:D :D :D

7. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

*Insert thumbs up smiley* Cool shit. *looks forward to it*

I can safely assume you'll make there downfall drawn out and painful?

8. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Not really, there's not going to be any fighting or anything, but the Order of the Phoenix will be finished after this point.

9. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

Will any members of the ORder be joining Harry? Tonks would be very USEFUL as would Kingsley or...Hell any one of the Order members would be useful, that's why they are in the Order in the first place.

10. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

LMAO, right. Dedalus Diggle is really useful. Some might help Harry, though I tend to think that Tonks and Kingsley will more or less go back to being Aurors full-time (thus indirectly working for Harry due to his control over Fudge). The Hogwarts staff members will naturally remain solidly with Dumbledore. Lupin's dead, so he's not of much account and all the Weasleys and Fleur are already with Harry. The rest are pretty much the weekend warrior type and are pretty much untrained and useless in a fight and therefore of no interest to Harry. I think mostly the Order will just be disbanded. Harry only wants to cripple Dumbledore by taking away his little chess set and forcing him to remain at Hogwarts where he belongs.

11. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

YOu're right. I forgot about those people. What about Moody? He's really the last wild-card. He's not a GREAT fighter (he was kidnapped AND he was defeated in the Department of Mysteries) but he does keep an eye on things, may prevent corruption, and is a viable option of someone to approach others on Harry's behalf without directly exposing Harry.

12. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

He's also extremely loyal to Dumbledore in this fic. That, and he and Alberto hate one another. That would cause conflict, and Harry wouldn't care to keep him around as a result. Especially since Alastor tried to attack him from behind after he tore up Snivellus and is, as you said, not really an elite-class fighter these days.

13. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

I forgot about Alberto. Carry-on then. :D :D :D

14. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

How much longer until the new chapter is up today? :p

15. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

LMAO...considering I've been busy watching football all day instead of writing...yeah. :wink:

16. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

I just read the last 2 chapters again, and I have some questions to ask.

I have a couple of questions about this.

1. Would Percy REALLY attack Penelope? I'm not arguing about him doing it in private. He could Easily be abusive (he sure likes power over people enough), but would he do it in PUBLIC?! I mean I understand he's angry, but I've seen wives say to their husband they were cheating on him in Public (happened in a restaurant when I was younger) and they've never come CLOSE to hitting their wife. They turned red and fumed, but never lay a hand on the person.

2. When did Harry get the right to hit somebody because they annoyed him? That can't be proper protocol. Especially in front of witnesses. It would be one thing if he stopped Percy and sent him to the aurors, but to ruthlessly beat a man? This smacks of those bizarre moments in other fanfics where Snape insults Harry's parents, and Harry just BEATS THE SHIT OUT OF HIM! I mean, if you say something that offends Harry, he MAY permaneantly damage you?! It just doesn't seem reasonable to me. People would already be talking about him like the next Dark Lord. It is actually what Voldemort does. Say something Voldemort doesn't like and he Crucios you. It also feels like its fulfilling some juvenile fantasy of empowerment. Harry Potter, dealing out justice as he see fit and righting wrongs. You see where I'm going with this?

Anyway, I just wanted to call that to your attention.

P.S. I REALLY love this story, and I hope you update soon.

Also update Red Prince!! :D :D :D :D :wink: :wink: :wink:

17. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Percy just snapped, I like to think. First, there were no witnesses in that hallway aside from Harry at that moment. Others were drawn to the scene by the commotion caused when Harry beat him down. He saw his girlfriend getting rather friendly with somebody that he legit hates and enjoying the attention, but he was too cowardly to directly attack the man so he turned his rage on her. He might not even have actually gone through with striking her and was only trying to frighten her as punishment for her supposed infidelity, but Harry crushed him before the matter could be decided. There is another external factor at play there, and it will be revealed later. Suffice to say that Percy has less resistance to the intoxicating effects radiated by dark magic than some others. As for Harry, that's exactly how he thinks. He believes that he can do what he wants, when he wants, and that nobody can do a damned thing about it. He has no compunction about seriously hurting anybody that gets in his way, and is only too happy to wreak vengeance on those who have made his life difficult in the past. It is a dangerous and foolish mindset to have, and Zharrghast's influence plays into it somewhat, but it's just the way he is. It's a theme for Harry. He doesn't think about the consequences of what he does a lot of the time. Case in point: he rushed into a fight with Voldemort at Hogsmeade alone, and the town burned and Remus died as a result. He saw an empty hallway and an excuse to fuck up somebody that he despised, and jumped on it. Most around the Ministry hated Percy anyway, so they didn't have any sympathy for him, rather wishing they'd been able to punish him themselves. If anything really came of it, he could just grandstand and say that he despises people that abuse women, and lost his temper upon seeing what Percy tried to do.

In the end, it's just a somewhat ridiculous facet that I choose to include into Harry's character. I hate all these stories where he sits back and lets other people walk all over him, always turning the other cheek or waiting get his back later. Mine just destroys anybody that tries to fuck with him, on the spot and with no hesistation. He only cares about protocol where it pleases him, and only turns his hatred onto those that nobody will feel any sympathy for. I suppose it is him delivering justice in his own psychotic and violent manner, but those who know how much crap Harry has had to take from the likes of Percy and Snape and Malfoy (as the usual witnesses do) know that it was a long time coming and don't really fear Harry beyond what is right and healthy for it. People aren't terrified of him, but they do learn not to cross him or try to start trouble with him.

18. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

I keep checking every HOUR to see if you've updated. Kinda sad isn't it. I need help. :(

19. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

I'm working on it right now. Unfortunately the college term has started up again and my schedule is very busy this spring. Eighteen hours, but after this I'll finally have my degree and have some much-needed time R&R to look forward to. I know I'm taking next fall completely off.

20. True Story

True Story Third Year

What is your major?