1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Black Ascension by omnis potens - M

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by Zevrillion, Nov 12, 2005.

Not open for further replies.
  1. Blackstar

Blackstar Second Year

Yep.. Dudley thinking that harry bewitched his family when he paid them for co-operation went and cut off hedwigs wing and then promptly cooked it, then cooked hedwig then harry went all crazy and cut dudleys arm and then roasted him alive in turn [ i smiled a bit ] then in his grief he cries over the dead body and hedwig gets reborn as a dark pheonix and its song kills vernon and petunia

Can we post a petition banning the whole Hedwig dies and is reborn as a pheonix cliche??

2. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

Hedwig is too prissy anyways. I'll grab the spit, you get some firewood, and we'll all enjoy filet de Hedwig. A phoenix will join us and feast on her too. :twisted:

3. MadEyes

MadEyes Seventh Year

*Looks slightly green at the thought of owl meat* Right, no thank you. Just give my portion to my pet kneezle, Thanatos. *Waves at the black, cat-looking creature at his feet*

EDIT. There, I fixed it. Happy, now? *Shakes head at the nit-pickers of the world*

4. Lord Ravenclaw

Meat*

Meat = flesh
    Meet = to come upon by chance or arrangement.

5. sirius009

sirius009 Minister of Magic

very good, original plot line with sirius as the father.. The only bad thing about the story is harry's new name is Seraph, i personally don't like the name but w/e..

6. Lord Ravenclaw

Yeeeah...about that....

7. Element

Element Seventh Year

Pretty swish, until yeah -- Hedwig the Phoenix. And well, truth be told, I want to read about Harry Potter, not Seraph Something Something Black, no matter how many times people will tell me they are the same person :p .

I'm not too bothered about the wand. In some ways, I think it needs to be done in a lot of stories, what with Priori Incantem and all. Though I don't see whats wrong with a normal wand and all. What is it with famous wizards like Merlin and Salazar Slytherin and god knows who else just leaving their wands around for Harry to find nowadays? Now thats just asking for someone to become super powerful :wink: . I wonder if they do the same adverts on the Wizarding Wireless for wands as they do for Muggles about mobile phones?

Don't flash it around, keep it in your pocket! Wait! New announcement from Moody!
    "Don't put in your pocket, or you'll blow your arse off!"

Yeah, I've dropped this story :p

8. Hpsleuth11

Hpsleuth11 Guest

The problem with wand creation in fics is they never give valid reasons for it. Ok fine Harry needs a new wand for priori incantatem prevention but why is he the first one to think of it. You would think with all of his extensive knowledge Voldemort would also consider getting a new wand, yet in no fic that i've read thus far do they have Voldemort getting a new wand.

9. Benneh

Benneh Guest

There was one fic where Voldemort had a wand made that was specially made so that spells arced towards Harry, can't remember that name of the fic though.

10. Lord Osiris

Lord Osiris Auror

That was the 'awakening of power' by Sibff, Benneh. Theres another one, it's in the 'Dark but light sided' forum here. He gets Riddles wand dropped on his door step and gains the traits of Riddle...forgoten what it's called though.

11. Lord Dragon

Lord Dragon DA Member

I realy like this story I wish it was longer

12. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

I like the Grim, other then that, this story needs abit of work. It has potential, although the way it's written at the moment seems too... "off"

The usual killing off Hedwig annoyed the every living snot out of me, it was written like they were going to make Hedwig sandwhiches out of them.

I can handle Hedwig coming back, and I actually like the metal wing (if Fawkes can fly with roughly 120+120+200 = 440lb [Harry/Ron/Gilderoy] in CoS, then a 20 lb metal wing or something I can live with, as it's got to be more magic keeping the bird up then physics.)

I wouldn't mind seeing the phoenix+the grim get into some nasty gore fests with a few DE's, but pending that, it needs abit of work for me to bother with it any further.

13. sirius009

hedwig coming back as a phoenix just pissed me off, i mean how many times has that been done? and how many times do we askourselves: why is hedwig all of a sudden a phoenix? makes no sense..

14. Lord Necros

Lord Necros Slug Club Member

he cut phoenix ahrry reread the chapter before the latest

15. That_Boy

That_Boy DLP Elite DLP Supporter

New Chapter has Love Potion!Ginny and Harry's confrontation with everyone. Looking good. Interested to see what the last paragraph leads to.

16. sirius009

Its not bad but this new chapter seems to be full of cliche's.. Still a great story though..

17. daterza

daterza First Year

I found the story interesting, especially the bit about sirius being harry father. to me in seems to be coming fine. just have to wait a see how it continues.

18. sirius009

ah now i see it

19. Evil Shnitzel

Evil Shnitzel High Inquisitor

Hmm this chapter was the best of the whole fic until this time. :D
    Liked Harry's escape from 12 and the last paragraph.

20. sirius009

agreed easily the stories best chapter

Not open for further replies.