1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Demon’s Feign, Merlin’s Pain by Nuhuh - M - Dresden Files

Discussion in 'The Alternates' started by Nuhuh, Apr 1, 2007.

1. Nuhuh

Nuhuh Dastardly Shadow Admin Retired Staff

Thanks for the compliments, I am glad you enjoyed it so much. It was tough getting this one out because of a block - which I filled with writing Catharsis, but that's another story.

Tbh even I am not sure which way Roqariel will go, I had her pretty set to go one way but I am loving the drastic duality in her. I think I have fallen for her adorably homicidal nature.

I think you will enjoy what Potter does with Dresden's clients, and Dresden's aggravation over Potter's amateur sleuth endeavors. <- More of that planned for Book 2.

2. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

You know my views on the chapter, but thought I'd drop a post.

Good chapter with a bit too much crazy in the office scene. He was being interrupted constantly which got a bit trying after the first few times. But I like crazy Harry.

Keep it up.

3. Sauce Bauss

Sauce Bauss Second Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Does Roquarial see the people that Harry sees? If she does, then they're real and a manifestation of his magic, but if only he can see them then he's bat-shit crazy. She can see through his eyes, so if he's crazy then his mind is putting images there that aren't really there.

One thing I like about this is that Harry is getting allies. Not like in Shezza's series where he's essentially by himself, but he's getting people that will aid him. Nicodemus and co., the KotC, and who could forget Dresden and Murphy? However, giving him the aid of the Dragon prince and the Phoenixes may be going a little Super Harry, it's not in a sickeningly cliched way like a lot of other fics.

All in all, one of the best HP/DF crossovers out there, only because I can't choose between this and Denarian Lord. 5/5

4. DarthBill

DarthBill The Chosen One

Wrong. She's in his head. She can see his hallucinations as well.

5. Nuhuh

Hey guys I posted an OMAKE for Demon's Feign. Check it out, just a little something while I work on the proper chapter.

6. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Deadlius Lolius? Just for that you have topped Vash as my favorite author. Denarian Dad is just epic and you need more of these omakes.

7. Kensington

Kensington Denarii Host DLP Supporter

I don't know why...but I really want to see a Showtime or HBO show named Denarian Dad now.

Great omake. Roqariel as always delivers.

8. azrael

azrael Professor

LOL, an excellent and amusing story to waste some time. Hope the next real chapter comes out soon.

9. Samuel Black

Samuel Black Chief Warlock

I also lol'd at the lolius spell. Subtle, much?

10. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

I was disappointed when I saw it wasn't a real update.

11. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Nice, nuhuh. The mental image of Murphy's tits were just what I needed to lift my spirits :D. Looking forward to the next chapter.

12. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    When it comes to bad spells, I'll always remember 'Ice Stormio' from one of Shezza's earlier fics. ALWAYS remember it.

13. Nuhuh

Come on now, it was a treat:p

I'll have it out, but you know me, I'm....not consistent in updates.

Also stop making fun of the spell

and its Deadlius Lolius not just Lolius!

Respect her.

14. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

I enjoyed the Omake... even if I reviewed it as if it was perhaps not just so.

As I said, the "Deadlius Lolius" spell was hardly subtle, but it was still rather amusing, and I agreed with Aekiel, that the mental imagery of Murphy was quite pleasing.:p

Well... keep up the good work regardless, and whenever the next chapter comes, it comes.

15. Sauce Bauss

Sauce Bauss Second Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I used to write really faggoty emo poetry in a little phase. Fortunately, I got a little good at it and no longer whine about my life. When I was rereading DFMP for like the 5th time in a week, I got a little bit of inspiration.

Roaring Chaos
    Endless Fire
    Playing with a gods desire
    Children burning in the night
    Demons actions come to light.
    Heavens warrior shall fall
    The Devils man, the Devil's thrall.
    Denarians will rule us all
    Will you answer the darkened call?
    Heed the coins whispers now
    Forsake all you once held dear
    Do you think God will allow
    The birth of things that all men fear?
    Hellfire roars throughout my veins
    Heaven shall soon fall from power
    Gaze upon the crimson rains
    all the humans here will cower.
    All our fates shall ride with one
    The fallen Angel, holy Devil
    Heavens trash and Demons bane
    The Wielder of the holy flame
    Roqariel, Roqariel
    Echoes softly from my lips
    Due to her the balance tips
    For which shall win
    The dark or light
    Our fates now hang
    On the Outsiders might.

I've written a lot worse, but this is a just a little tribute to the awesomeness that is Nuhuh. Yay! I got permission from him to post this.

16. Jenkins

Jenkins Forum Bike DLP Supporter

Okay then, my dearest Nuhuh, here is your review.

5/5. UPDATE SOON PLOX!

Aaaanyway, it's good of course. HP coming into Dresden's world was done nicely, though I don't really understand how the ritual summoned Harry. Then again, I haven't read it for a while (and I'm sure as hell not reading this thread) so I might just be forgetting something.

The drip drop was a bit of a cool novelty at the start, but if I'm going to be perfectly honest, it just annoyed me as time went on. I think that's one of my biggest dislikes about this fic (not that there's a lot). I just didn't like HP's character for the first few chapters. I think you got some of the crazy effects done well, the only problem was that you went a little overboard with them. But it's been clearing up lately, so all is well.

The first chapter was very nicely done though. Whereas I think you stumble a bit on HP's character, you get Dresden's done pretty well. I remember there were some distinct moments where I honestly forgot it was you writing it and thought it was Butcher. HP would be mentioned and there'd be a moment of 'wait...what?'. I will not re-read the whole story to pinpoint the exact chapters for you though, so no.

I really like the speed of the story. The plot moves well, allowing you to absorb what's going on without getting bored, so you pay enough attention to notice the important things. It looks like you've been setting up for a lot of things, and judging by last chapter, we're about to see some awesome action.

I think the main thing I can comment on here is your characters, as you've more or less allowed the plot to simmer. You have some fucking gems in there. '2 by 2' was awesome, and you have the White Council pretty much down pat, the Gatekeeper especially. Dresden, like I said is good, you get the way he speaks pretty damn well and his general attitude toward everything is pretty convincing.

Other than HP, there was one other person I had a problem with. Murphy. I know she's a stupid harlot who deserves to be fucked by a cricket bat, but the way you made her so vulnerable is just killing me. How you've potrayed her goes entirely against the Murphy we read in the books, and I'd like to use the Nightmare attack as an example. Even with a mind-raping she retained herself a lot better than here. It just doesn't seem like Murphy. At all.

The magic is done damn well, even if HP is slightly overpowered. I find myself not really minding though, as it looks like Denarian conflicts are going to be ruling his life over the next few chapters.

There's not much I can say really. You know it's a damn good story. I know it's a damn good story. I actually told you everything in IRC anyway...

So yeah, hurry up and update, nigger.

EDIT: I forgot. Roqariel makes me skeet, and more of her is required.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2008
  17. Nuhuh

SoundofSilence~ Thanks for the poem. I am pretty giddy someone was inspired by the story to write poetry. I must make Roqariel more kick-ass.

Jenks~ Thanks for the review. You're right I am most times more comfortable writing Dresden than Potter. The reason is that Dresden's development is already laid out but Potter is insane and vindictive, he is slowly coming back to normalcy. In a way I see Potter's development going from dark wizard back to light wizard, or at least Anti-hero to hero.

I based my Dresden characters on the TV show. In that Murphy was possessed by a murderer and in the aftermath of it was pretty damn shook up and emotional. Having said that I want to re-write those parts to make her a little more calm - though I am not sure if that won't overpower her seeing as three psychic attacks she suffers: possession by murderer, mind modification by White Council, erasure by the Black Staff. I think I still should have her breakdown but in a less...Lifetime way. lol.

And let's see how Potter does against the real powers of Dresden Verse...:D

18. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Can't stop grinning.

19. MellowYellow

MellowYellow Fourth Year DLP Supporter

The last bit is the most confusing thing I have ever read. Did Roqa kill a bunch of people or is she making Harry see illusions again?

20. QuaziJoe

QuaziJoe Dolphin Boy

interesting...

On the one hand it was well written, but on the other, I'm dissapointed to have so many answers given to me liek this.

I wanted my answers revealed to me slowly.

I do like that Harry kept his own will in the face of the cardinal thing.

But When Harry got so easily manipulated by Roqa again, I lost a little respect for him.

I'd hope He would be a little wrathful towards her when she abuses his good will. But anyway can't wait till the next chapter.