1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mass Effect 2

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Dark Belra, Feb 21, 2009.

1. Anubis

Anubis Seventh Year

2. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Huh so shes banging Shepard? Interesting.

3. The Mysterious Nobody

The Mysterious Nobody Auror

I guess that'll be up to the player, and how you did things in Mass Effect.

4. Krogan

High Score:
    Yeah I agree, I wonder what other girl they'll use, if they go the same route of two options. Psychotic lab experiment and who else?

5. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Looks cool, but no way they'd release it with her three quarters of the way naked and swearing that much, they'd have the video game moms boycotting it I'd imagine.

6. Dr. Strange Lulz

Dr. Strange Lulz Denarii Host DLP Supporter

I think that after the controversy of the sex scene and the resulting backlash against Fox and that uninformed bitch, that Bioware is pretty much of the "Fuck you" opinion.

I mean, have you seen the trailers for Dragon Age: Origins?

Bioware is just going to do whatever they want, movies have had far more graphic shit for years. Parents don't want their kids to play M rated games, then they should control their fucking kids better. I think they've realized that as long as their content fall within ESRB ratings, that they can't be held accountable for children playing the game.

As long as the game is clearly marked M for Mature and not intended for children, then the only people who blame can fall on is the retailers who don't do their job of carding for mature games, and the parents who should be paying closer attention to what their kids are doing.

Xbox 360 has parental control settings that wont allow games over certain ratings, as well as a play timer to stop children from playing 10 hours at a time. I've actually tested both of those features, and it takes less than 3 minutes to set them both up.

So if parents took 5 minutes out of their schedule, they could avoid hours of arguing and controversy.

Fuck em, I hope Bioware just keeps doing what they're doing.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2009
  7. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

8. Red Aviary

Red Aviary Hogdorinclawpuff ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'm very, very sure that Subject Zero is not Gillian Grayson.

1) She was twelve in the book, and this is supposed to be two years later. SZ looks to be twenty or so.
    2) Grayson was autistic or had Asperger's or something. Clearly SZ doesn't have those same problems.
    3) She's supposed to be with the quarians on the Flotilla. I don't think there are cults or gangs like she's describing on the Flotilla.

Unless something drastic happened, those two are clearly separate people.

Release date for the game is January 26th in North America and the 29th in Europe. Apparently there's bonus armors if you pre-order from certain retailers.

Inferno Armor (which gives you a negotiation bonus, faster run speed and stronger combat powers)

[​IMG]

Terminus Armor (gives you faster running speed, stronger shields and a giant gun)

[​IMG]

They kind of look like Iron Man and War Machine.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2009
  9. Xantam

Xantam Denarii Host

The Terminus armor looks sick.

10. Dark Belra

Dark Belra Minister of Magic

Meet Samara. She's a vigilante Asari.

The article is basically about Samara. It goes over some things that we know already. Like the interupting conversations with a gun when told like a quick time event, guns now reload for all intents and purposes and it's darker then the last game etc.

11. Dr. Strange Lulz

Dr. Strange Lulz Denarii Host DLP Supporter

There's also a video for Tali, looks like she'll be joining you again.

12. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    So what does everyone think of the new bug people we'll be fighting? They honestly seem like biological Reapers to me.

13. NotreDameGeo

NotreDameGeo Squib

4 New Videos Released

1) BioWare released a listing of the famous voice actors for the game and it is a ridiculous list of sci-fi stars.
    http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/105/1053906p1.html
    (The link has slight spoilers by listing which character each person is voicing)

"Today BioWare announced the names of several of the voice actors for the upcoming Mass Effect 2. Among the notables who are lending their talents to the game are: Martin Sheen ("The West Wing"), Shorhreh Aghdashloo ("House of Saddam"), Seth Green ("Austin Powers"), Keith David ("Crash"), Michael Dorn ("Star Trek: Deep Space Nine"), Tricia Helfer and Michael Hogan ("Battlestar Galactica"), Carrie-Ann Moss ("The Matrix"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Chuck"), and Adam Baldwin ("Predator 2: Electric Boogaloo"). "

Here a link to a promo in which each actor explains the character they are playing. Similar spoilers to the story link above.

http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/14235013/mass-effect-2/videos/me2_trl_stars_121109.html

2) The updates to the Sentinel Class
    http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/105/1054419p1.html

3) The updates to the Engineer Class
    http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/105/1052228p1.html

4) And finally, a new cinematic trailer for the game itself
    http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/14235013/mass-effect-2/videos/masseffect2_trl_121209.html

14. Name

Name Squib

Is that a solid release date? Or is going to slide back? I'm pretty excited about ME 2, I still play the first one. I am worried that by making it more "sophisticated" they really mean dumbing it down. I've just seen that happen way to many times with squeals.

I'm a big fan of BioWare in general, played everything except their Chinese fantasy one. KOTOR was pretty enjoyable. I think it was called Jade Empire, anyone ever played it? And what about Dragon Age origins, anyone gotten a chance to play it?

15. Schrodinger

Schrodinger Muggle ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I played Origins, and it is motherfucking amazing, IMO.

16. Vesvius

Vesvius High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

DA: O is awesome. Also, so's Jade Empire. I got it off Xbox Live. Well worth it.

17. Krogan

High Score:
    Dragon Age Origins is an epic game with an incredible amount of replay. I was also a huge fan of Jade Empire is was nothing earth shattering but it was a solidly entertaining live action fighting RPG.

I could be proven wrong but I'm fairly sure this is a final date for the release of this game.

18. fuubar

fuubar Headmaster

They've had it set for several weeks and Bioware is pretty good about keeping their release dates so I'd say it's about as solid as we're gonna get until we see it on the shelves.

19. Sferics

Sferics Second Year

Looks great.
    Bayonetta, Divinity II, Mass Effect 2, Bioshock 2, and maybe even Alan Wake are all gonna be coming out first quarter 2010, looks like a great time for gaming, if you can afford it.

So anybody going for any class other than soldier?
    I never found too much use in going for other classes in MS, since you always have your teammates with you, and I liked the look of the heavy armor more than light armor.

20. RedNehi

RedNehi DA Member

Adept, all the way. Bastion Adept if it's the same system as with the first game.

Information embargo ends today (17th), so the press should be releasing more info that they've gleaned demos and whatnot. I'm very much looking forward to Jan. 26.