1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Turn Me Loose: A Harry Potter Adventure by JBern - M

Discussion in 'General Fics' started by jbern, Sep 1, 2007.

1. Nadino

Nadino Third Year

As you wish. Talk like a man, dude. Srsly my ass. Seriously is the word you were aiming for.

2. loWall

loWall Second Year

this thread is rather prone to drifting off topic...
    can we leave the trash talking to elsewhere?

3. Grubdubdub

Grubdubdub Supreme Mugwump

Dolphins aren't trash talk.

Let's talk about dolphins.

4. Robo Jesus

Robo Jesus High Inquisitor

[​IMG]

5. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

Hmm, nearly a month necro post, oh well, Discussion time -

So, re-reading Bungle, I've moved onto TML again and I'm halfway through Chapter 4 - now what caught my eye is the brief mention of Lauren as Harry offers Fleur the Daemon battle memory. I wonder if Jbern will bring Lauren up in the final few closing chapters, or if the story continues & turns into a trilogy, will she be mentioned in that?

Further more, will Harry be getting that all important owl '9 months later' and well, I for one would love to see his reaction to that - probably calm and collective after he accepted his fate with her, but there you are.

So, yay or nay for news on Lauren? I can't see any other posts about this, but then again I haven't looked very hard (read; at all) so if this indeed nothing more thn a month old necro post, then well - woops? Meh.

6. Mesterio

Mesterio First Year

Well it all depends if we want Harry to have to deal with the possibility of Demons, Death Eaters, or a variety of other enemies finding out about said child and attacking it to get to him. Maybe we should hope that he ties up his loose ends before he gets any news about little Potters running around.

7. pacobell

pacobell Guest

I just finished these two stories up to this point. I have loved them. I was liked the inclusion of Baba Yaga and her smoking old Voldy. I agree with some of the others saying this story is not as epic as the last. But I think it stands strong on its own merits. Potters constant jabs at everyone are getting old I like the roads he is building with Snape and now Hermione.

Truth be told I like the idea of a Harry Hermione pairing better than the Harry Luna. I think Luna lost all sympathy with her indesisivness and her other problems. Harry's right he does not have time to deal with that right now. Hermi made some mistakes, but she is owning up to them and well now she and Potter are really conected thanks to Dumbledore. Also that mysterious french woman who comforted Harry in France, that was soooo Fluer and that will be interesting to deal with later down the line.

This is an Excellent story and I am very much anticipating more.

8. TheDefiantOne

TheDefiantOne First Year

Yeah, ironically I just went back and re-read Bungle as well and am in TML right now. I think over time, while Luna was being set up as a sort of tether for Harry, to keep him connected to his youth, she may have simply become something for Jbern to use as a way of showing how Harry is already so far matured than the rest of them and simply has Harry leave that whole world behind him.

I think that, while it would be nice to see Lauren again, it would be even better for Harry to find someone completely new and not connected at all to his adventures to be his "final pairing". Also, I think it would be kind of just an odd piece in the story for him to get the letter because in this story, unlike others, Harry can actually keep a secret and doesn't blab about everything the everyone.

paco, I think you're wrong. That wasn't Fleur. But it would be nice to see more of 'Nicolete' later. And while I am generally ok with Harry/Hermione, this one is just so... stupid! He needs to ditch her asap.

9. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'd be pretty keen to see no pairing at all.

10. ZeroTheDestroyer

ZeroTheDestroyer Auror

I don't mind the Harry/Hermoine in this one, it isn't even about love. Just HPHG having a baby without-bwahaha man I loved that sex scene.

11. Artereus

Artereus Squib

Screw Luna! Screw Hermione!

The public demands this pairing: Harry/Baba Yaga

That was epic! Definitely worth revisiting. Maybe a little baby err. I have no idea what that would be.:eek:

12. azurit

azurit Squib

I would wholeheartily agree, Luna seems like a whiny bitch in this story, I liked how she was depicted in "You Did What!" a lot more. If Baba Yaga is as manipulative as Dumbledore though, that wouldn't work for Harry. Damn plausibility!

Also I am from Eastern Europe so I am naturally predisposed towards her, even if she is an ugly old warty crone with a hump and raspy voice in all fairly tales.

13. lanceavalon

lanceavalon Seventh Year

Is it just me or does it seem like Bern had a much easier time updating "Lie I've Lived" then "Turn me loose"?

14. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    If you read the thread, you would know that Jim's goal was to finish The Lie I've Lived, then continue on with his other works.

Also, Lie is finished.

15. sirius009

sirius009 Minister of Magic

He was planning on finishing "Lie" first, then getting to TML, I think at the end of "Lie" in the A/N he stated that he was planning on taking a break from writing before finishing up the last couple chapters of TML, and then starting on the sequel to Lie towards the end of the year.

16. wolf550e

wolf550e High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

JBern also has that story where Harry is apprenticed by Trelawney to finish.

17. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I really loved "Bungle in the Jungle" and "Turn Me Loose", especially the portrayal of Dumbledore in all of his stories has done it to me. He is not a perfect, idolized man like in one third of the stories, also he isn't a sick, twisted bastard like the in the remaining two thirds. Rather he is a man who struggles to do what is right, who still makes mistakes and has to more often than note to struggle weather the needs of many are more important the the needs of one.

But, unlike most of his characters, I kind of disliked his portrayal of Luna in this story. It kind of destroyed the character herself. I still like this character and I am immensely curious how her role will play out, only it will not be Luna Lovegood for me, rather some other girl.

Well, great writing anyways, I am looking forward to read more.

18. Kyle_Dodge1

Kyle_Dodge1 DA Member

I am ready for some more Jim. I read it all again last night.

19. jbern

jbern Alba Mater

I've got some rewrites to do on my first original fantasy novel (it was originally called Battle Maidens, but has been retitled to Spirals of Destiny Book One: Rider). That will be finished and off to the person who offered up their editing services. I think it's good enough to shop to some of the major publishers.

With the decks cleared, I'll be back on this story starting tomorrow. I'm not feeling the funny right now, so Inner Eye will have to wait.

Hopefully a new chapter within 10 days.

20. Ragon

Ragon Dark Lord

Was beginning to wonder if you had abandoned us