1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Doctor Who

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Heleor, Apr 12, 2009.

1. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Meh, I expected Smith to be awful. He's actually quite fucking awesome.

Haters gonna hate.

2. Sir Chris

Sir Chris First Year

I am really surprised that anyone had a problem with how he delivered the three options line. I thought it had a subtle power to it.

3. kevo125

kevo125 Second Year

You can go to tvshack.net and just look up doctor who. choose the 2005 one

4. Shinysavage

Shinysavage Madman With A Box ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Was it just me, or was tonight's episode a little disappointing? The script wasn't quite as good, and Smith didn't seem as comfortable with either the drama or the comedy. The space battle was awesome though. And I'm really intrigued by Amy's amnesia - something to do with the cracks?

EDIT: Fending off Daleks with a Jammy Dodger? Badass. So much.

5. Sorrows

Sorrows Queen of the Flamingos Moderator

Also the little comment about St Paul's and the palace being 'hit again' is historically wrong; both those buildings were famously untouched by the Blitz. Are the cracks affecting history?

^^
    This.

Also was I the only one praying for a pink Dalek among the power-ranger paint jobs?

Last edited: Apr 17, 2010
  6. Seratin

High Score:
    That episode was pretty fucking derpy. Proof once again that the Daleks should just be forgotten about and killed off once and for all. Smith and Gillan both had some excellent moments but their best bits come when they're playing off each other.

Also, they redesigned the Daleks yet again and they still look like hoovers with a plunger and a whisk stuck to them. wtf?

Overall the episode was very badly written. Very.

I still wanna secks Amy though...

7. Shinysavage

High Score:
    That would explain why Amy can't remember the Daleks previous trips to Earth.

Yes. The yellow one was bad enough.

I'm fine with them bringing back the Daleks...just let the deadliest killers in all of time and space actually, y'know, kill things. Why do they need super complex plots, when one of them can just go planetside and kill the entire population in about a day?

8. Sir Chris

Sir Chris First Year

Because good luck killing anything so overtly as long as the Doctor is breathing. Do remember that the Doctor is the Dalek's boogeyman.

9. Shinysavage

High Score:
    True...but he was only there because they'd made sure he would be. He might have a TARDIS, but he can't be everywhere at once.

10. Riley

Riley Alchemist DLP Supporter

Technically he could be if he used the TARDIS to the fullest since he can be in any time in any place. However we see his travel as a linear line so it seems to the viewer that he can't. I think...

11. Joe

Joe The Reminiscent Exile ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter ⭐⭐⭐

High Score:

Also, in certain cases, the Doctor has to be nothing more than an observer. It was a big theme in Tennant's run. Certain points in time are fixed - they have to happen - and on some level the Doctor can feel or understand these moments.

In Waters of Mars he raged against this, implying that free will does exist, and that, as a Time Lord - the last - he has some claim or sovereignty to time itself. But the consequences of fighting time can be devastating and, in the end (that woman killed herself) pointless.

As for the Daleks, they have to be brought back - again and again. It is simply not Doctor Who without the Daleks. That's the whole point. I'm probably in a small minority that actually 'acquired' all of the Doctor Who since it started. 201GB of it. Throughout it all the Master and the Daleks remain constant. Cybermen could vanish, wouldn't really make a difference, but the Daleks have to be back.

12. Lutris

Lutris Jarl Dovahkiin DLP Supporter

^Easily explained. Steven Moffat didn't write it :awesome.

But yeah. The writer for the episode is Mark Gatiss, who wrote that Series 1 episode where the 9th Doctor and Rose Tyler meet Charles Dickens with that weird psychic chick who let in "spirits" from another dimension. He also wrote the episode in Series 2 with the face-stealing TV alien coinciding with the Queen's coronation broadcast.

Additionally, he was Richard Lazarus in the Series 3 episode "The Lazarus Experiment" where an aging professor (Lazarus) makes a machine to rejuvenate himself- but ends up turning himself into a gigantic scorpion-ish monster. He was also "Danny Boy" in the latest episode. Bitch got shot down over the Channel even though he was in a fighter fitted with anti-grav propulsion and lasers. :wall:

^Exactly my thoughts, Seratin :awesome.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2010
  13. Seratin

High Score:
    Fine but they could st least make them less fucking derpy.

[​IMG]

Herpa derp derp.

I know that wonky looking aliens are part of the DW charm but it's 2010. They could make an effort.

14. Sorrows

They do, every season they try and redesign them, but when it comes down to it the Daleks are pepper-pots with a whisk and a plunger, you cant change that any-more than you could change the Tardis into a impressive looking ship instead of a blue box.

That is what makes them Daleks, every kid with a whisk and a plunger has known that for the last 50 years and that's all you needed to be a dalek as a kid.

15. Riley

Riley Alchemist DLP Supporter

Where did you find a list that gave an accurate timeline? I can't find a good one anywhere.

16. Joe

Joe The Reminiscent Exile ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter ⭐⭐⭐

High Score:
    Wikipedia, of all places.

Let's see...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Doctor_Who_serials

Doctor Who doesn't do seasons... they do serials. So if you're going to 'acquire' the episodes, start with the 'An Unearthly Child' and work your way through to Season 26.

A lot of lame, a LOT of gooooood. If you're a true DW fan, you'll appreciate the lame.

17. Anya

Anya Harley Quinn DLP Supporter

Link link link.

18. Shinysavage

High Score:
    That was awesome. So much awesome.

19. Sorrows

Smith has finally convinced me, that was fucking brilliant.

Also
    River Song is just awesome, and it looks like we are going to get some back story on her :D

20. Shinysavage

High Score:
    Oh God, so much fan-bait there.

Amy: "She's your wife, isn't she?" Doctor: "Yes...I am Mister Grumpy Face today." Gah!