1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Doctor Who

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Heleor, Apr 12, 2009.

1. MattSilver

MattSilver The Traveller

Which is fucking awesome if true.

Episode was great. I don't care much for the Angels' moving on screen. It happened. I'm over it. The Doctor feeding the Angels to the crack was great - but I doubt he can pull that trick more than once. River was... enigmatic with a side of "Fuck you Moffat, for teasing us so!" and poor old Father Octavian got snappy. Poor bugger.

Amy coming onto the Doctor at the end was... weird. Don't know why, it just felt off. Funny, and it certified Amy as awesomely forward and to the point, but off. Also, I get the feeling that it isn't really Amy that's important - there's something else at play... maybe the Doctor... But I don't know.

Oh, and we'll be seeing River in the finale then? Awesomesauces.

2. Inquisition

Inquisition Canadian Ambassador to Japan DLP Supporter

No way. It's got to be Amy. Remember how last series, it was all about Donna, and-

[​IMG]

Oh yeah, she got a handjob or something. Well, the dude who would knock four times? You knew it was going to be the Mast-

[​IMG]

Of course, this was written by the guy who wrote this character into the script:

[​IMG]

So what can we see for Amy's future?

Most likely this.

Edit: To add to this already awesome post, why did Angel Bob talk when the Doctor was looking at him, unless that little quantum lock defense mechanism thing was optional. Which means that all locks are optional. Including time locks. Oh, and River Song is Romana, and the bitch from The End of Time who can't bear to watch the RTDfail anymore is Chancellor Flavia. True. Facts.

Last edited: May 2, 2010
  3. Sorrows

Sorrows Queen of the Flamingos Moderator

Very good episode, but whatever we think the final is going to be, Moffet will probably hit us with the opposite.

The bit where Amy threw herself at the Doctor definitely reassured me that 11 wasn't going to be 10-lite. The tenth Doctor would have definitely reacted differently.

Not sure is Smith really pulls off the 'I am 900 years old' thing but he is definitely putting his own spin on the Doctor; who is a little less angry and more accepting over the Time-War and a little more mellow.

4. Glernaj

Glernaj Stab Executive DLP Supporter

Yeah, but by breaking the fourth wall, they lost a LOT of their creepy points, which was what made them so awesome in the first place.

5. Shinysavage

Shinysavage Madman With A Box ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I didn't notice that at first, but you're right. Awesome stuff is awesome. Can't wait to see how that plays out.

@Glernaj: They broke the fourth wall by freezing when only the viewers could see them. By moving on screen, they stopped breaking the fourth wall, and were more generic enemies. Made up for by the Angel

coming out of fucking nowhere to grab Octavian in the second the Doctor had his head turned

Also from that scene, was I the only one annoyed by the fact that if Amy had reached out about another centimetre, she'd have found the communicator? Also the fact that she opened her eyes for way more than a second. Yes, I'm nitpicking.

6. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

shinysavage; I just assumed that the angel retreated into her mind when confronted with the crack, like all the other angels did.

7. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Hmm, this episode did have its issues imo.

Chalk me up for the moving!Angels hate.

It's different, but i'm still getting a feel for the new Doctor.

Edit: What Jon said, too.

8. Water Mage

Water Mage Denarii Host

On the rewatch I just noticed something. Does anybody else think that when the Doctor returned to Amy in the woods (when she had her eyes closed and he told her to remember what he told her when she was seven), that it wasn't the same Doctor that was there a few seconds ago? He wasn't wearing a coat when he left, and then he was and he was different, like sadder than when he left. The way he says goodbye to her the second time had a lot more finality to it with the kiss and head caress or whatever.

My initial thoughts are that he came from the future to remind her of the second time he visited her. Amy can't remember for timey-wimey reasons and he can't remember because he hasn't done it yet. Maybe in the first episode when we hear the TARDIS return for little Amy that it wasn't a wish-fulfillment dream after all. I'm thinking the Doctor will return to young Amy (when she's sitting on her suitcases) and tell her the thing he wants to remember.

9. Anya

Anya Harley Quinn DLP Supporter

Already brought that up in the previous page.

10. Water Mage

Water Mage Denarii Host

Just saw the post behind the spoiler tags. I'm glad it's not continuity errors like I first thought. This show is usually pretty good about that.

11. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I did feel some things were off in this episode. I'm glad to see that they were actually plot devices instead. Feeling a lot better about this episode now.

12. Shinysavage

High Score:
  13. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Very very quotable episode. The preview for the next episode looks like a pile of dicks though.

14. Shinysavage

High Score:
    I thought the trailer looked quite good personally. Tonight's episode was good though - not a classic, but great fun. Some painful evidence of the budget cuts though...

15. Lutris

Lutris Jarl Dovahkiin DLP Supporter

Ditto on the budget cuts.

But yeah. Amy was great fun in this episode as well.

"It says here that I'm your eunuch! What's that mean!?"

"I'll explain later."

:awesome

16. MattSilver

MattSilver The Traveller

Not fantastic, but still an enjoyable romp. Light was kinda what was needed after Moffat's little epic two-parter.

My favourite sequence has gotta be the start, with the Doctor crashing Rory's stag night. The look on Rory's face was fucking priceless.

17. Tyler

Tyler First Year

Yeah, this episode was pretty average methinks. Good for laughs, but little substance.

I want to comment on the actual episode of course but don't know how to make the spoiler quote thing. -cookie for me.

18. Jjf88

Jjf88 Auror

[ SPOILER ]Spoiler goes here[ /SPOILER ]

Remove the spaces.

19. Tyler

Tyler First Year

Cheers.

So yeah, it was pretty good but I wanted to see the underwater fishy/vampires. And also, moar vampire titties please? Those long white robes weren't revealing enough.

20. Shinysavage

High Score:
    According to the Doctor Who wiki,
    both Matt Smith and Karen Gillan are returning next season.
    Which personally I'm quite pleased by.