1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Doctor Who

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Heleor, Apr 12, 2009.

1. MattSilver

MattSilver The Traveller

Me too. I kinda saw...

Matt Smith returning - he didn't strike me as the type to quit after a season, but Karen's return is a very welcome surprise.

2. Jjf88

Jjf88 Auror

Enjoyed seeing The Doctor's dark side and noticing he's still very haunted by his life. I personally want an arc with him finding out he is the reincarnation of The Other. And if he's still the Doctor from the future, what happened to the present Doctor? Because he had on a different watch this time around aswell. I loved The Dream Lord's speeches aswell but once I saw him with the bow tie I kinda realised he was The Doctor.

Sigh, how amazing DT would have been with Moffat.

3. Shinysavage

Shinysavage Madman With A Box ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Pretty good episode, I thought. Certainly one of the best scripts - "There's something not right here. Let's go poke it with a stick!" Toby Jones was a great villain, and they handled the choice well; sad without being too angsty.

I'm sure there are going to be official complaints made though: so many jokes about pregnant women being huge, and all
    old people being evil

4. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    FFFFFFFFFfffffffffff.

Not happy at all. Someone needs to order a hit on Rory.

5. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Decent episode, it honestly left me wanting though.

Definitely feel sad about how good DT would of been with Moffat though.

6. Bucks

Bucks Headmaster DLP Supporter

It wasn't Moffat that wrote this episode.

Here is hoping the Dream Lord returns. He made an awesome villain.

7. kevo125

kevo125 Second Year

io9 has an article that pretty much speculates on some of the stuff that has gone in this season/ serial. The big thing was the part where the guy commented on the moon-Earth connection. Also has stuff on the future Doctor speculation and some other stuff that you had to really pay attention to notice

http://io9.com/5539815/whats-really-going-on-this-year-on-doctor-who

8. Joe

Joe The Reminiscent Exile ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter ⭐⭐⭐

High Score:
    Tennant would have been awesome, but Smith can definitely hold his own. As for this episode, I doubt the Doctor's explanation for the Dream Lord. Seemed far too easy. Something else going on there.

Also, be afraid, people, be very afraid:

[​IMG]

9. Shinysavage

High Score:
    Joe, please tell me that's not real. Please.

10. frodrick

frodrick Slug Club Member

11. Innomine

High Score:
    Well, The Hungry Earth wasn't too bad so far. Seems like it could be pretty damn good however.

My only real issue was that the suspense really didn't build up to much at all. All those people being taken like they were, and now its just reptile dudes? Either way, could be good.

12. Shinysavage

High Score:
    Reptile dudes who
    like to dissect people while they're conscious and without anaesthetic, and who seem to infect you with weirdness by licking you.
    And given how many of them there are, I'd be worried. But yeah, not the scariest enemies they've ever had, I'll agree.

Not a bad episode, but very much the first part; all build up, no pay-off, although I did think the final shot was impressive. Meera Syal was great fun, easily the best of the non-regular cast of the episode. Shame about the budget cuts reducing 'village in peril' to 'five people in a village plus Doctor and companions in peril'. Couple of interesting moments though.
    Future!Amy and Rory? What's all that about then? I'll be interested in seeing where they take that. And while I know that Rory taking the ring back to the TARDIS was a device to separate them all, they did seem to make a big deal about him putting it in that exact spot on the TARDIS. Finally, I cast my vote for Ambrose being the one to (try to, possibly) kill the captured Silurian. The licked guy is too obvious, and I don't know whether they'd have Rory killing a prisoner. But I could be wrong.
    Also, is Ambrose really a girls name, or was I just mishearing it throughout the episode?

13. Sorrows

Sorrows Queen of the Flamingos Moderator

Really? I though it showed the rather painful budget cuts again.

It was an all right episode, but I thought they could have done allot more with the 'hungry earth' thing, it had the nightmares-for-little-kiddies potential of the gas-mask kid and the angels, but they didn't get the suspense, paceing and atmosphere quite right.

14. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Oh god the gas mask kid. I do not need another Doctor Who episode of that creep factor.

15. Innomine

High Score:
    Holy crap, I definitely remember THAT episode.

I actually think I had nightmares about that, and I never have nightmares about anything.

I can still hear its voice "Mommy... are you my mommy?

*shudder*

16. Shinysavage

High Score:
    Would you believe that before Gas-Mask kid, Moffat was most famous for writing comedy? But yeah, kid was creepy as. That bit where they turn around and he's just standing there...

17. Magus

Magus Groundskeeper

I just had a heart attack.
    Agree completely, of the many things that rubbed me the wrong way about Saturdays ep (it was pretty shit overall, maybe it'll lead to a good payoff in the 2nd part) that this hyper amazing drill was in a building site in the middle of nowhere (and the rest of it was shot in an old church) made it clear this was one of the episodes they were doing on the cheap.

The Silurians came across as one of the least menacing threats since the Adipose. Was I the only one who thought the Doctor sounded like he wanted to fuck the chick they had prisoner?

"Oh you beuatiful thing... Phwoar."

18. MattSilver

MattSilver The Traveller

Well how did the Rory haters like these apples?

Death, Amy crying over it, then erased like he never existed. Damn.

The episode, overall, was a good conclusion to last week's, though not perfect (Something felt off - probably the Doctor coming off as more flamboyant than usual, or something)

If the TARDIS is responsible for our little crack cock-ups, I say bring on the finale... In a few weeks from now, because we have to have some whacky fun with Bill Nighy and Tony Curran first off. Jubilations!

19. Shinysavage

High Score:
    Pretty decent episode, but it got really good in the last ten minutes or so. Rory's dead! The TARDIS is (possibly) going to blow up (until the reset button gets hit, because no way that'll stick)! The Earth will one day be shared with lizard men! Although I doubt we'll ever see those days, because that make up won't be cheap...

So yeah, really looking forward to the finale now. I have a feeling we'll see Rory again somehow; they really emphasised the ring still being around...but for now, harsh death was harsh. Particularly since he died in the last story as well!

20. QuaziJoe

QuaziJoe Dolphin Boy

I gotta admit that was not bad at all.

They've heavily hinted that it will be because of amy that the cracks in time occur.

I think Rory's ring will some how start the crack in time thing. She'll remember and something about her actions or a future plot point will start this chaine of events.

That and the whole seeing themselves/ herself on the hill will come back to be something pivotal.

In conclusion, sextastic

But needs more angels.