1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Supernatural

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Cyclops, May 17, 2007.

1. Chaoticblues

Chaoticblues Professor

The ending kind of bothered me. I don't really mind that Sam somehow escaped from hell, but couldn't he have taken a couple years to do it? Seems kind of cheap for him to bust out a couple hours after he gets locked in o_O.

2. Joe

Joe The Reminiscent Exile ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter ⭐⭐⭐

High Score:
    Here is some news direct from CW about the future of the show. I'll spoiler it because there are spoilers!:

Returning for its sixth season, this haunting series follows Sam and Dean Winchester, two brothers bound by tragedy and blood to their dangerous, other-worldly mission. This past season, Dean and Sam faced their toughest foe yet: the Devil himself. As the Apocalypse raged on around them, the brothers, aided only by a dwindling band of fellow hunters and rebel angel Castiel, sought a way to stop Lucifer and save the planet. Ultimately, they discovered a way to force Lucifer back into Hell and end the Apocalypse-but at tremendous cost: Sam's life.

Season 6 will be a season of mystery and shadow. Heaven and Hell have been left in complete disarray since the apocalyptic events of Season 5. And now, monsters, angels and demons roam across a lawless and chaotic landscape. And so Dean Winchester, who has retired from hunting and sworn never to return, finds himself being pulled back into his old life -- pulled back by none other than Sam Winchester, who has escaped from Hell. The two reunite to beat back the rising tide of creatures and demon-spawn, but they quickly realize that neither are who they used to be, their relationship isn't what it used to be, and that nothing is what it seems.

Sawowse!

3. Banner

Banner Dark Lady

Actually, since 4 months equates to some 47 years down where Dean was being held, then anyone at the Very Bottom of Hell would experience a tremendous temporal distortion. From what I remember of Inferno, Lucifer is literally submerged in the floor of hell, his torso poking out of the ice. Part of the Fallen's punishment is that his suffering is taking even longer than the lifetime of the universe.

Last edited: May 20, 2010
  4. Banner

Banner Dark Lady

Double posting.

I had a random thought:

In the episode "The End," Castiel had lost his Grace, and was effectively purely human. All the Heaven-aligned angels had disappeared. Actually, Sam-Vessel-Lucifer might have also been the only Fallen left. I don't remember anyone else being mentioned.

Chuck was still around though. Didn't he say that he wasn't a Prophet anymore? So the Sims game was still providing entertainment. I kinda wonder what God's next ... er... plotline might have been, once humans were eradicated and there was nothing left but Lucifer, demons, and zombies...

Last edited: Jun 7, 2010
  5. Fimbulvintr

Fimbulvintr Seventh Year

You're missing the fact that God is omniscient. He probably knew that particular future was going to be changed, so there was nothing he needed to do but just wait.

6. Big D on a Diet

Big D on a Diet Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

At the risk of placing too deep a philosophical burden on a show that uses a Kansas song as its hero theme, I think Chuck/God's motivations were a little different.

One thing that stuck out to me was the contempt that the angels on both sides showed for humans. I think that by stepping aside and letting things take their own course, God was trying to prove to the angels (not just Lucifer, but all of them) that humans weren't simply upright apes that he had taken pity on, and that the gift of free will he'd given them could alter destiny.

If God had kept a hand in the world, humanity never really could have earned its place in it.

Again, that might be a little deep, but if I was writing the story, that's the motivation I'd base it on.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2010
  7. Ayreon

Ayreon Unspeakable DLP Supporter

If angels didn't have free will anyway, why would he need to convince them that way? He could just make them understand.

8. Vir

Vir Centauri Ambassador ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    And enter the free will paradox.

9. Big D on a Diet

Because it doesn't count if you make them.

10. Ayreon

Ayreon Unspeakable DLP Supporter

Meh. I would have preferred they didn't bring up figures like God and a personified Death in the first place.

11. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Wasn't really any other direction they could go, what with how the entire overarching plot (of all fives series) was based on Christian mythology.

12. Big D on a Diet

Generally speaking, I'd agree with you. But it's important to note that both God and Death were kept from actively participating in the storyline.

Characters who have been imbued with that level of power can be useful and interesting, so long as they don't become the focus of the story and their presence doesn't eliminate conflict.

Plus, Death is a total badass.

13. Cyclops

Cyclops Unspeakable

14. Banner

Banner Dark Lady

*nervously chewing her lip*
    This could be good, or it could be oh-so-bad...

15. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'm hopeful, but pessimistic that this will be anything other than crap. Anime-Live Action has been done before, and badly, I really don't know if it would work the opposite way around.

16. Goreshade

Goreshade Fourth Year

Huh... I'm speechless.

Just... don't fuck it up.

17. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'm stunned about it but what I will say is that this could be interesting if done properly, I know there are so many things Kripke wanted to do with the show that he was never able to due to budget concerns, take this to an anime and those problems vanish. Again if they do it right we could see incredibly fun shit like what a fight between Micheal and Lucifer would actually look like.

18. Big D on a Diet

Interesting. The recent comic book adaptation hasn't been too bad, although it hasn't knocked my socks off either. I'd definitely watch an anime version.

19. Banner

Banner Dark Lady

SN story rec:
    SPN FIC: Insider Trading (1/1 [PG], gen, Sam and Dean)
    http://tripoli.dreamwidth.org/432560.html

Missing scene 5.22

(I'm pretty hung up on 5.22, for obvious reasons. I need to find authors who have written some meta about the last few eps.)

Last edited: Jun 27, 2010
  20. w1lliam

w1lliam Groundskeeper