1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

StarCraft II

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Chaoticblues, Feb 19, 2010.

1. Kardikek

Kardikek Groundskeeper

There were two significant stealth changes to the ultra in addition to what they published. The splash used to be 100% of main damage in a 1 range arc in front of the ultralisk. Now the splash is 33% of main damage in a 2 range arc.

Blizz explained that copper (the name) was too similar to bronze.

Last edited: May 22, 2010
  2. Chaoticblues

Chaoticblues Professor

If that's true it means I'm actually in gold. That would be awesome because I stomp most gold players, and so... time to play random!

3. Solomon

Solomon Heir

So I'm the same rank as you, Chaoticblues? :D

4. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

I am sitting in a Slower Novice Decena right now if anyone else is on and wants to be friends.

Also if anyone else is playing let's get some 3s or 4s going. Gonna sit there for about 15-20 min then leave to play some 1s and 2s. I'll pop back in one afterwards.

Falcon is me.

5. GrandHighPoobah

GrandHighPoobah Third Year

You should probably use a 4v4 map to open up more slots. I'm trying to enter the game but it says all the lobbies are full.

6. Solomon

Solomon Heir

Blizzard is bad at internet. Jesus fuck. I mean, you'd think they'd fucking learn how to do that shit right after how many years of WoW?

EDIT: Huh. I'm 6:6 right now. Maybe I do belong in Platinum.

Last edited: May 23, 2010
  7. Chaoticblues

Chaoticblues Professor

Platinum is the new Gold I think, and you definitely were at least Gold pre-patch imo.

Also, I don't think we can get 3's and 4's going without adding eachother on facebook (also lag problem), which is kind of weird for me not that I mind too much.

Edit: I hope they do another reset because I want to play random and get into silver to practice terran :(. I keep getting dropped even when I don't experience lag. FAIL>

8. Ched

Poobah, Solomon, and I were doing 3v3s earlier. Or we were trying to. We kept getting errors and then getting kicked when we did get into games.

So I have those guys and Militis on my friends list. Sooner or later we'll all catch each other on and we can have everyone invite everyone else to a party where we can all friend each other. Of course by the time that happens they'll have reset things again.

Oh, yeah, finished my placements...
    1v1 -- Gold Rank 11 But one of these games I didn't have a mini-map that worked, and I think I might have pulled it off if it had, but that's iffy
    2v2 Random -- Diamond Rank 73 Went down to 78 without playing any more games somehow, I guess someone else got points and jumped ahead of me?
    4v4 Random -- Platinum Rank 24

Solomon, since you asked, I'll let you know how much I jump up/down after I win/lose a game or two after placements.

9. Chaoticblues

Chaoticblues Professor

10. Ched

Are you online now Chaotic? We can meet up in a custom game.

11. Chaoticblues

Chaoticblues Professor

Yeah I'm online right now. Just finished building my parrot his play-pen/park so I'll have time to play for a couple hours XD

12. Ched

Poobah is on too -- I'll go make a Novice Slower Decena.

Edit: Nvm, there we go. Poobah ftw.

13. Solomon

Solomon Heir

Yeah, I'm well aware of the change. I just wasn't positive DLP had strikethrough and didn't bother checking. I'm pretty sure it doesn't.

EDIT: Seems BNet2 is down for maintenance. Think they're fixing those internet issues?

14. Militis

Militis Supreme Mugwump

You mean the strikethrough?

Also, I hope to God they do. I played one 4v4, and wont do it again until they fix the lag screen popping up every three seconds. Micro is impossible, and I'll be fucked if I wanted to expand outside of our little quad area with all that lag.

15. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

They didn't fix it. 4 of us in IRC just tried, both games were lagging crazily, inundated with the lag screens, and finally just dropped all of us. 3v3 weren't much better.

16. Chaoticblues

Chaoticblues Professor

I just played a full 3v3 game. Wasn't so bad, but then again it was just luck and not them actually fixing anything.

17. Solomon

Solomon Heir

Ah, the BBCode is [strike.][./strike], eh? I'll have to remember that (I tried , and didn't actually see it anywhere in the list. I'm sure it's somewhere easy to find). Thanks, Militis.

On the connection issues...fuck. I was hoping that maintenance would fix shit.:(

18. Militis

Militis Supreme Mugwump

Online right now...making a Slower Novice Decena map

Edit so I don't double post...

Played some awesome 2v2s with Solomon, some pretty good 3v3s with Solomon and Falcon, and some "woah where'd they get all those units?" 2v2s with Falcon.

It was epic.

Last edited: May 24, 2010
  19. TSN

TSN Auror

I am in novice twillight forteress, slower. atm should some of you be online,.

20. Havoc

Havoc Seventh Year