1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Fable 3

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Sacrosanct, May 17, 2010.

1. Ice

Ice Second Year

I wonder if the multiplayer aspect will be improved. It'd be better running around with AU versions of myself, rather than some generic character. Or, I wouldn't want to be the generic character either. Fable 2 really failed there.

2. Sully

Sully Groundskeeper

Supposedly you'll be able to go to other people worlds and seperate from them in order to go and cause mischief. Seems to be better than Fable 2, where you have to constantly stay with the co-op.

3. kevo125

kevo125 Second Year

I loved the first two games. Yeah there were some tedious things like looking for the gargoyles which i never finished and Molyneaux lying about practically everything that was supposed to be in the game.

But i hope the story is longer in this one. Yes i understand that it was meant to be short but the side missions should have stayed as side missions and not become addons at the end of the game so they could make you play more. (Marriage, buying properties and getting missions, etc.)

Ive also played ME 1 and 2 and i thought they were great but i liked the Fables better because of the gameplay. And i havent played KOTOR1 but i did play KOTOR 2 and i thought it was absolutely amazing. Its what got me into rpg style games

4. silverlasso

silverlasso Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

This. It pisses me off that Fable 2 was never ported to PC, even though it wouldn't have been that hard to do (relative to other porting situations).

Fable 1 was pretty good, though.

5. Militis

Militis Supreme Mugwump

Is the camera system still the same in 2 and 3 as it was in 1? I.E.: Totally fucking fail?

6. reggin

reggin Filthy Half-Breed DLP Supporter

No, 2 was actually better than 1 with the camera.

7. Iztiak

Iztiak Prisoner DLP Supporter

This isn't saying much, but yeah, it's true. The camera was a lot better.

8. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

9. Skykes

Skykes Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Yeah, true. But if it has 1/3rd of the stuff promised it will be pretty win.

10. reggin

True. Like from 1 to 2 - That fucking mutt? Awesome win.

And I think i'm the only one in which i'm glad they got rid of the clothing armor. Apprentice outfit? I'm not taking any less damage by getting stabbed in the ass.

11. RedNehi

RedNehi DA Member

Box art of fable 3 says it'll also be on PC.

12. Skykes

Skykes Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Joy and happiness for all, sawce.

13. Sacrosanct

Sacrosanct Auror

They're keeping the dog!

YES!!! :banana:

The dog was a big bucket of win, good to see they are keeping it for F3.

What does everyone think of the extreme morphing? The bit where you have pretty wings burst out of your back?

I think it's a bit frivolous, if you could actually see the wings on the other hand (ie you're surrounded by zombies then BAM you sprout wings that smash into them and send them flying) then they might be good. But if they just look pretty then I will be disappoint.

14. ForsakenOne

ForsakenOne Groundskeeper

Eh the extreme morphing isn't all that new, we had it with the previous versions in the form of the eyes and head, wings aren't that big of a change but the ability to use a special depending on your Karma is pretty neat.

I don't like their new weapon system though, one weapon that changes throughout the game seems pretty lame.

15. Sully

Sully Groundskeeper

From what I saw in one of the videos, you gain more destructive powers when you unleash extreme morphing.

16. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

So I'm still a bit unclear -- Fable always advertised that it was a world where every choice you made influenced everything, and every time you played through the game things would be a little different, etc. But some of you guys are saying that there are really only 2 set paths to follow -- good or evil -- and that you really just do one or the other. I always figured you could be neutral, a little immoral, a saint, a hellion, etc.

Which is it? One sounds fun, one not as much.

17. ForsakenOne

ForsakenOne Groundskeeper

Well you start off neutral, and depending on your actions/choices, you go evil or good, but you don't have to go all the way evil or all the way good, but generally the changes are the same but more drastic the farther you're along the path.

18. azrael

azrael Professor

well, in theory, you could balance your actions so you never go completely good or evil, but in practice there is no reason to do that, as going completely one way or the other gives you benefits while neutrality gets you nothing.

19. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

I see. Well that's alright but still slightly disappointing. I mean I want to be able to tell idiots in game to fuck off, but in general be nice to little old ladies and whatnot. But if I need to be "good" all the way to get the benefits of being good then that will dictate which actions I take. Thanks for the info. Still sounds like fun.

If it's on PC I'll be picking it up. Hopefully it will work on the Acer 532g netbook I'll be picking up soon (probably) and give me something to do.

20. reggin

That's what your sword is for.

But what I really want, (and this is going against the series itself) is for the hero to talk. That'd be :awesome in itself.