1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

StarCraft II

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Chaoticblues, Feb 19, 2010.

1. Militis

Militis Supreme Mugwump

Pretty much what that middle guy did. Place some defense as close to your mineral line as possible, as soon as possible. (Basically, forget training more probes/drones/scvs, just use the first 6. Then get defense in such a way that it can't be surrounded by 'lings. After that, and the initial attack, you should be good to start your econ in earnest and go rape them for being douchebags.

Edit: Online in a novice decena on slower if anyone happens to be on.

Last edited: May 24, 2010
  2. Ayreon

Ayreon Unspeakable DLP Supporter

There's not that much that you can do; if they rush someone 3v1 or 4v1.
    The only thing that comes to mind is to do the same thing and scout so that you'll know whom they'll be targeting first. Then you hopefully have a few more units to hold off the rush.

@Militis
    Just going defense probably won't be enough for the first guy they hit.

3. TSN

TSN Auror

so long as the 3 other survive then the speedling rusher are done.

4. Chaoticblues

Chaoticblues Professor

Just make some early defense with good building placements.

5. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

Awesome vid. Probably need to have people you know with you if you're going to have shared unit control. I can see that getting abused quite quickly, but I bet it'd be damned efficient. Have one player for micro'ing and one for macro'ing in 2v2 and whatnot.

I need to watch more vids -- I didn't even think about doing zerg drone defense by putting those inside the mineral lines.

6. Militis

Militis Supreme Mugwump

I saw some guy's video about the abilities of the infestor. I used to love to mind control scvs/drones in SC:BW, and now I can do neural parasite on scvs/probes in SC2. :D

Only problem is you're stuck with a complete total of 200 "food", not 200 for each race. The parasite also has a limited range, so you can't move too far away from the infestor to build your buildings. I think someone could pwn some nubs with any combo of the races, but it takes amazing skill to control and concentrate on more than one build tree. You also have to find a stray probe/scv to control so your infestor doesn't die.

7. TSN

TSN Auror

say it if you're online so I can get hook up with youa ll

8. Kardikek

Kardikek Groundskeeper

Are you on the american servers named?

9. TSN

TSN Auror

yes.

since I live in montreal I should be in those

10. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

11. Chime

Chime Dark Lord

So I saw the SC editor patch notes on hiveworkshop the other day – does that mean people in the beta have access to the editor as well? Is there... well, is there the possibility to gain use of the editor without being in the beta? *wink wink* *nudge nudge*

12. Solomon

Solomon Heir

13. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Lol, goddamnit we had this same discussion on IRC earlier. CAD used to be good. I had it bookmarked circa 2008. I was catching up today. As I got closer to current years it uberfailed.

14. Chaoticblues

Chaoticblues Professor

One thing I really hate about 4v4 is that often people get placed in plat or diamond league without the skills to back it up so you end up with teammates that don't produce any units except workers in the first 10 minutes of game >_</

15. Militis

Militis Supreme Mugwump

I lol'd. I played a game like that yesterday, but the other guy was Zerg, and he had the ability to rush me too.
    I LOL'd. That's an awesome strategy. If you can't see the mutas, you can't focus them down. :D
    THIS! My God, I miss the old days of CAD.

16. Ched

Weird. I logged in just now to see if anyone else was online, and SC2 informed me that I was last online at 2 pm today. There is no way in hell I should have been logged on at 2 pm today. Unless the time zones are completely screwed up (by 12 hours or so) then something is weird.

Anyone else notice this? It's possible it's been like this all along and I only now noticed it, but makes me wonder wtf.

17. Solomon

Solomon Heir

CAD used to be good? All I remember of the "old" days of CAD is my best friend explaining point by point how terrible it is (especially with the words. My god the words).

18. Militis

Militis Supreme Mugwump

Apparently winning placement matches no longer counts against your achievements? I had 4/5 for solo zerg, and now I have 1/5...Should at LEAST be 2/5, because I've won two league matches now. Weird shit is weird.

Also, lol @ Diamond in random 4v4. :D

19. Chaoticblues

Chaoticblues Professor

Just played a game where my partner got all his probes killed by speedlings sent by one opponent 10 minutes into the game. He had a gaping hole in his wall and zealots standing off to the side not blocking it lol. Apparently this guy is diamond 1v1, wtf? XD

20. Ched

It looks like you can still add "friends of friends" if you have a friend as a "Real ID Friend." I have one of those on my list and while for some reason I can't check his profile (that has to be a bug) I can see his friends list in right-clickable format.