1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

DLP 5-Starred and Featured Authors C2

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by enembee, Aug 15, 2010.

?

Should we expand the C2 to include non-HP stories?

1. Yes

9.0%
  2. No, Create a New C2 for 5-Starred Non-HP Fics

80.6%
  3. No, Don't bother

4.5%
  4. No strong opinion

6.0%
  1. IdSayWhyNot

IdSayWhyNot Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Meh, only DLP-authors stories could work, to a certain point. I suppose we should first check how many fics we have that were written by DLPers. If the number is too low, it wouldn't even make sense.

OT: I vote Alexandra Quick Series to go in
    I vote Insurgence Against Azkaban to go out (if it's the one-shot. The longer one can stay)

2. Spanks

Spanks Chief Warlock

I subscribed. Great stuff mang.

3. Anya

Anya Harley Quinn DLP Supporter

Alexandra Quick series should be in the C2.

EDIT: Ninja'd by IdSayWhyNot.

4. gamingguru

gamingguru Fourth Year

Voting for Alexandra Quick series to be out.

5. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

nmb has said multiple times to only rec stories that have gone through the DLP review process and succeeded. The Alexandra Quick series has not. With 100+ votes, it's below 4.00.

So stop reccing it.

6. The Santi

The Santi Professor

Okay I'm gona spend the time to type this out on my blackberry, so I hope people will listen.

When Enembee first started this, I thought this old airy small C2 (as far as stories go) but it would highlight the best DLP had written. The point wasn't to reproduce the DLP library, but to show what DLP has contributed to fanfiction.

Once everyone sees the great stuff DLP has put out they'll be more interested to join. Like Vlad, I don't think we should be recing every fic in our library, only the best that has come out of DLP. This way people can see the stories our community hold I'm high regard, both the popular stuff on ff.net like Sheeza and Nonjon, and the good but underappreciated fits like Enembees.

If you wanna make a C2 of DLP's library, I think one already exits, just petition stuff to be added that C2, this one should only be for the best.

Sorry for any grammar problems etc in this post. Typing on a cell phone can be a bitch.

7. IdSayWhyNot

IdSayWhyNot Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

@Sree: Apparently the staff doesn't quite give a fuck.

8. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

deadhorse.gif

I quite like this series, and believe a lot of people rate it harshly based on the concept, without even reading it. But, seriously. This argument has been done to death.

9. Longinus

Longinus Second Year

Suscribed. Amazing idea!!

I vote Bestest Bithday Ever to be removed.

10. Necrule Paen

Necrule Paen DLP Elite DLP Supporter

Yeah, C2's for the DLP library already exist, I maintain the Dark Arts C2 as an example.

Not that it is a very busy section these days.

11. The Santi

The Santi Professor

Okay one more thing (apparently I can't edit my post on a phone), I think if our C2 makes it into the top 10, but with a small number of stories in it, people will be more inclined to see what makes our C2 special. If we have hundred + stories we're just another community with a lot of fics.

Bottom line, we should be about quality over quantity, and we should state that any viewer that likes these stories should come to DLP to check out our library, WbA etc.

12. Anme

Anme Professor

This is how it is for now;

Nominated for Removal

[​IMG] Apathy of Freedom by Nonjon (nominated by Anme, seconded by Lord Anarchy, opposed by Kensington)
    [​IMG] Freedom of Apathy by Nonjon (nominated by Anme, seconded by Lord Anarchy, opposed by Kensington)
    [​IMG] Breaking Tradition by Mortalus (nominated by Grubdubdub)
    [​IMG] Bestest Birthday Ever by Nonjon (nominated by Anme, seconded by Xenks, Longinus)

Inward (Contested)
    [​IMG] Traitorous by Flamata (nominated by Triq, seconded by gamingguru and EthyleneGlycol, Sin Saiori, opposed by Stalin's Pipe Organs, Taure, Red, Vlad, Lord Anarchy)
    [​IMG] Anarkia by Naia (nominated by Triq, seconded by The-Hyphenated-One, Sin Saiori, Zennith, Myst, silverlasso, opposed by Anme, Taure, hgf)
    [​IMG] Shadow Play by Thor Nairda(nominated by Andromalius, seconded by Myst, opposed by Taure) (link)
    [​IMG] The Demon within by Thor Nairda(nominated by Andromalius, opposed by Taure) (link)
    [​IMG] Ruined in a day (+sequels) by Net girl (nominated by Stalin's Pipe Organs.) (link)
    [​IMG] Alexandra Quick Series by Inverarity (nominated by Kalas, IdSayWhyNot, Anya, opposed by gamingguru, Lord Anarchy) (link)
    [​IMG] Gossip Queens by Opalish (nominated by jadedmutt) (link)

I'm thinking that we've got to become a bit stricter about what enters. The ones that get opposed more than once/twice unless there is still reason for adding(rating in Library is above 4.30 or something) shouldn't get in.

As I'm looking now, Gossip Queens has the most chance of making it, but it would be nice for some more opinions.

This one should be deleted. It's got enough seconds and it's only a starting chapter.
    [​IMG] Insurgence Aganist Azkaban by Shezza (nominated by Anme, seconded oephyx and EthyleneGlycol, Xenks, Ashaya, IdSayWhyNot)

I'm going to work on an ordered list of the C2.
    I 'm thinking that it could be thinned out somewhat but the problem is that you'd have to remove fics from popular authors so you'd probably get some members immediately saying that fic shouldn't get removed.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2010
  13. Chiron

Chiron Second Year

Today I kept seeing the notice to subscribe to the new C2. So I created a FF.Net profile to subscribe and support DLP.

Great Idea nmb.

14. Zennith

Zennith Pebble Wrestler ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I'm saying that anything contested more than once should probably be out. If there's truly much doubt, it probably doesn't belong to this C2.

Edit: I'm also anti shadow play. For sure.

15. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

What? I didn't nominate Alexandra Quick. I've never read it...

I was just telling people to stop recommending it in complete ignorance of what this C2 is supposed to be about.

16. Zennith

Zennith Pebble Wrestler ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    And Sree's right. As much as I hate to say it because I personally love the fic, the Alexandra Quick series shouldn't be added.

17. Anme

Anme Professor

I added Sree with the opposed ones because he said it shouldn't be in. I took you out.
    But I agree with it not getting in although it's one of my favorites.

18. Grubdubdub

Grubdubdub Supreme Mugwump

Traitorous doesn't belong in this C2, it barely belongs in the library.

19. Anme

Anme Professor

I removed Traitorous(5 people opposed), AQ series (A few people opposed + low rating) and Shadow Play(same as AQ) from the list of possible fics to get in.

Nominated for Removal

[​IMG] Apathy of Freedom by Nonjon (nominated by Anme, seconded by Lord Anarchy, opposed by Kensington)
    [​IMG] Freedom of Apathy by Nonjon (nominated by Anme, seconded by Lord Anarchy, opposed by Kensington)
    [​IMG] Breaking Tradition by Mortalus (nominated by Grubdubdub)
    [​IMG] Bestest Birthday Ever by Nonjon (nominated by Anme, seconded by Xenks, Longinus)

Inward (Contested)
    [​IMG] Anarkia by Naia (nominated by Triq, seconded by The-Hyphenated-One, Sin Saiori, Zennith, Myst, silverlasso, opposed by Anme, Taure, hgf)
    [​IMG] The Demon within by Thor Nairda(nominated by Andromalius, opposed by Taure) (link)
    [​IMG] Ruined in a day (+sequels) by Net girl (nominated by Stalin's Pipe Organs.) (link)
    [​IMG] Gossip Queens by Opalish (nominated by jadedmutt) (link)

What about Anarkia?
    Anyone thinking that Bestest Birthday ever should remain in?

20. Sorrows

Sorrows Queen of the Flamingos Moderator

So currently we are number 47 and on page 2, that's pretty damn good going for 2 days work.