1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete To Fight the Coming Darkness by jbern - T

Discussion in 'General Fics' started by cmuylistoooo, Dec 22, 2005.

1. DarthBill

DarthBill The Chosen One

It is not set that Ginny will be a Death Eater. But even if JBern wanted to make her one, he still has the chance. Ginny could see that the only person who understood her or tried to help her worked for Voldemort. That might lead her to the same career path.

I enjoyed this chapter. I'm glad that Penny was found out. That Percy returned as a ghost to get her just makes it better. Now we get to have a nice, fluffy family moment between him and the Weasleys. Or he can say that he still thinks he was right and is only doing this to protect his baby.

The story is progressing wonderfully, and I hope that the next chapter isn't delayed. I'm really looking forward to it.

2. core8ball

core8ball Squib

Or he could be setting her to die in a massive potions explosion after the twins refuse to help her make more love potion. Great chapter as usaual, I loved the tension at the end. Will she get Harry away from the party or bitched slapped and knocked around.

3. Lord Osiris

Lord Osiris Auror

Excellent chapter! they always are, i liked your ending the most as much as i was hoping that Harry would kill the scanky little whore and her fetus, it was kinda shot down though with the introduction to percy ghost. I do have to agree that you turned Herman's attitude around far to quickly but you get that. Hope to see more very soon.

4. Mordecai

Mordecai Drunken Scotsman –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    still can't access the new chapter damn it

5. jbern

jbern Alba Mater

Wow! Busy weekend. The story already has over 40 reviews. People seemed to have enjoyed the twist with Percy popping up like that.

Shuujaku - I'll read an occasional lemon, but I didn't want to write one. Plus I agree that it would be out of place in the story.

CGB - Thanks. I am sure that Ginny won't be happy, I've been foreshadowing something bad happening to Luna and now we know how the Death Eaters got the information. If you think Ginny is in a bad way now just wait...

Myst - I hope that was the Penny scene you were waiting for. I know it has been bothering you for several chapters now. There are things worse than death, Penny will be discovering that next chapter.

MysterioX - I don't necessarily think I change Hermione's character too much. She just gave up trying to lecture him about things he wasn't going to listen to anyway.

Killginny - You have a problem anytime something bad isn't happening to Ginny! See my response to CGB about more bad things occuring because of Ginny.

IP82 and FairyQ - no teasing the others with what might come to pass. BTW that is one disturbing avatar you have there Miss "Queen of Mean". I keep looking at it and going EWWW!

DarthBill - Thanks for the compliments as always. Most of the people I have responded to seemed to think I was going to go the portkey Harry away for gratuitious torture before he miraculously makes his escape route. That's an overused cliche. Next chapter in 2 weeks, but I do have to cut back for June and July to do my Cisco Certification exam. (Writing is nice, but mortgage must take priority.)

Core8ball - Interesting thought

Lord O - I think you'll enjoy what I have planned for Penny. It's fitting, I'll say that.

Mordecai - I also have it posted on www.ficwad.com if ff.net is still having problems.

Jim

6. sirius009

sirius009 Minister of Magic

No one did, but with Ginny trusting Penny so much and being able to relate to her/open up to her i think that the possibility would be there. Penny did say that Ginny could become this generations Bellatrix Lestrange, and that held some significance to me, and with Penny being caught i feel that that is less of a possibility. Perhaps if Penny's cover had lasted another 2 or 3 chapters that possibility could've become a reality with a slow turning of sides for ginny.

Jbern: Killginny - You have a problem anytime something bad isn't happening to Ginny! See my response to CGB about more bad things occuring because of Ginny.

not necessarily, most of the time yes, but a lot of the time no. The real problem i have with ginny is that all the ginny fans write her as a perfect icon of the light. That and that i really really hate the loyal h/g fans. But if Ginny were to just stay as a minor character in a lot of stories i wouldn't have any problems with ginny staying in the background.

Last edited: May 21, 2006
  7. FairyQilan

FairyQilan First Year

Glad to see my avatar grossed someone out. We're having fun dangling carrots in front of their faces. But i'll stop, if you really want me to.

8. Shuujaku

Shuujaku Fourth Year

Off Topic: I thought that was a flayed Strawberry at first. Now I just see "Tongue infection waiting to happen."

On Topic: jbern, any estimation on how many chapters until Harry is back at Hogwarts? Just curious.

9. jbern

jbern Alba Mater

FQ - Well you gotta admit it's kind of gross. No need to stop, I know well intentioned creepiness when I see it.

Shuujaku - Its just a rough estimation but most of our cast will reach Hogwarts by about chapter 25 or 26. The rest... well they'll probably be dead. How's that for an answer?

Jim

10. Shuujaku

Shuujaku Fourth Year

Not bad at all. At this rate, I'm starting to wonder if more than 50% of the "main" characters will out-live the story.

11. Redeye

Redeye Penultimate Lurker DLP Supporter

I must admit i am rather curious as to what you will have everyone be up to at hogwarts.
    your story seems to be going great by the way.

12. FairyQilan

FairyQilan First Year

Tongue infection!? That's all that comes to mind? Then it's time to find a new, even grosser avatar.

13. FairyQilan

FairyQilan First Year

I think it would be hilarious if everyone died except for some obscure, barely known character. Like in Hamlet. It would fit so well.

14. Moeed

Moeed Third Year

The Percy bit at the end was superbly done and the fact that it actually made sense, though i would have liked to see mention of Ginny while the birthday party was going on, would have been fun to hear her thoughts on the matter.

15. Niffler Lord

Niffler Lord Headmaster

That was a great chapter. The Percy ending was definetly a nice touch. Keep it up.

16. Mordecai

Mordecai Drunken Scotsman –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    finally i got to read it via ficwad, thanks, ff.n wasn't even showing the new chapter at all for me today.

Liked it, especially the ministers pressy. I wonder though, is it worth having Harry go back to Hogwarts, why not just have him educated by tutors and with the Black family books. jsut a thought of course.

17. FairyQilan

FairyQilan First Year

Why send him back to Hogwarts? For the entertainment factor of course!

18. huntedorange

huntedorange Seventh Year

i liked the new chapter very much, was well written as always and i liked the twist with penny at the end. looking forward to more.

19. jbern

jbern Alba Mater

Shuujaku - Well 50% is a good number. Let us see how close that is to how it goes.

Redeye_108 - Thanks. We'll see what the gang gets into at Hoggy Hogwarts.

FairyQ - I'm sure everyone loves stuff stuck through their tongues. I honestly don't know why I never thought of it before.

I don't know how well the story would be received if in the end Mandy B. and Terry climb out of the carnage of the school to see Harry, Voldy and everyone else dead, but it could work.

Mooed - We'll catch up with Ginny soon. Maybe Percy will come up and lecture her.

Niffler Lord - Thanks for the encouragement!

Mordecai - It's a good thought. From Dumbles camp, he wants to keep Harry close. From Harry's camp, he needs more allies. Might as well start with his easily swayed classmates err... his friends whom he has shared 5 years of scholastic achievement with.

FairyQ - You're right its more entertaining that way.

Huntedorange - interesting name? Thanks for the encouragement, but you did just kill me off in the I wish thread.

Jim

20. cu_cullen9

cu_cullen9 Second Year

you know i wonder if ginny will just off herself? i mean first year that whole diary crap then ignored by the guy she wished wanted her plain jane ass. then finially thinking she had a chance with dumbles plan. to find harry shacking up with susan. then the shit with the polyjuice, and finally the only person who is sympathetic to her is a death eater that helped kill her brother.