1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Fanfiction's Worst Summaries v7.0

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Dark Syaoran, Jan 13, 2011.

Not open for further replies.
  1. Jormungandr

Jormungandr Prisoner

:facepalm

/10 characters.

2. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Beware! The writing of Balrog/Frodo is upon us!

3. Hero of Stupidity

Hero of Stupidity Villain of Sensibility ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    The Unknow Hero The Sorcerer's stone by Halofreak021
    This is the story of a Unknow Hero who is from american and he will fight along side with harry and his twin brother
    Rated: K+ - English - Adventure/Friendship - Chapters: 1 - Words: 2,059 - Published: 2-22-11 - Harry P.

Imho self-insert!

The Darkness to the Light » by Halofreak021 reviews
    The Potter gave up there son Harry to the Dursley and Now he went to Hogwarts for his first year and he wond't come back he will Transfer to a school in american and make the Whole British Wizarding world Pop. But not his Close friends
    Rated: K+ - English - Drama - Chapters: 4 - Words: 12,042 - Reviews: 8 - Updated: 2-22-11 - Published: 11-8-10 - Harry P. & OC

Last edited: Feb 22, 2011
  4. Warlocke

Warlocke Fourth Champion

So her abnormal hair and eye color are A: Listed right at the start of the summary. B: Obviously what the author feels are the most important details about the character/story.

And she joins and is best friends with the "golden trio," but the pairing is listed as OC/Draco, so she's also apparently 'friends with everyone.'

Mary-Sue label is an automatic slam dunk (without even mentioning her 'name'). :facepalm

Yes, I would never have guessed that a fic starring Rose Weasley would feature her falling for the rotten fruit of Draco's loins.

Oh, wait! I would, because that describes 99.9999999999999% of ALL the stories with her as a character.

How do you meet a twist? Unless she's deliberately using 30's/40's slang for a 'dame.' Is Scorpius a girl? Is this femmeslash?

My tolerance lasted a fraction of a second: The time it took to click the handy IGNORE button, after I saw the pairing. Is that a record? Do I win a prize?

Can fangirls please stop using this lame plot device to put two characters who hate each other together?

A: It assumes the characters involved (or at least Hermione) are complete morons. "Yeah, sure, I'll take that bet, right after I stop pounding nails into my eyes. What? I like punishing myself."

B: "Bets" like these don't happen anywhere outside of lame movies and TV shows, marketed to the same airheads who write this pablum.

C: Part of the problem is right in the summary. Hermione does not dislike Draco because she sees him as an annoying ferret; she dislikes him because he is a racist who sees people like herself and her parents as less than human, is generally hurtful, nasty, and tormenting toward anyone he decides to dump on, and helps make Hogwarts generally miserable for a great number of people.

Hermione and Draco are not an Odd Couple scenario just waiting to happen, they are not a case of 'opposites attract,' and (though it doesn't apply here, I mention it because I've seen it a million times) putting any variation of "thin line between love and hate" in your title/summary will not make it true.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2011
  5. Jormungandr

Jormungandr Prisoner

Eh, it's nothing new; fan girls use the 'ZOMG LOVE/HATE' thing all the time when they try to justify the 'Harry Potter cock-slobbering' actions of their Draco or Snape characters.

Makes sense that they'd try the same shit with the next generation.

:facepalm

/10 characters.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2011
  6. Jormungandr

Jormungandr Prisoner

Can a mod' please delete this post asap? I made a screw up posting.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2011
  7. Hero of Stupidity

High Score:
    the chosen one and her choice by miss Dameon Salvitore
    when the dark lord came for harry he also came for his twin sister,the chosen one. nine years later and there starting hog-warts but theres a bit of a problem,she is the most wanted female there
    Rated: K - English - Romance/Hurt/Comfort - Chapters: 1 - Words: 2,785 - Published: 2-27-11 - Harry P. & OC

8. Nuit

Nuit Dark Lord

When I saw HarryPotterFanFiction.com I had hoped that they had some good stuff on there.

It was a let down and this is one of the summaries.

--

Step by Heavy Step

Rating: 15+, Story Reviews: 4, Chapters: 1, Genre(s): Fluff, Humor, Romance, Era: Post-Hogwarts, Pairings: Harry/Luna, Harry/Ginny, Ron/Hermione

Warnings: Scenes of a Mild Sexual Nature, Substance Use or Abuse, Sensitive Topic/Issue/Theme

Last edited: Feb 27, 2011
  9. Warlocke

Warlocke Fourth Champion

Every time I read the name 'Scabior,' a film of scum seems to settle on me. Then I shower with some steel wool.

Note the pairing... :puke:

That's one of the least informative summaries ever; what do you mean you don't need to explain that horse-shit? I demand an explanation for this story and an apology for writing it, in that order. :mad:

10. Nuit

Nuit Dark Lord

Did you find these on FFN? I've never seen the Density category before.

11. Hero of Stupidity

High Score:
    Harry Potter and the Wisdom of Girls by lunalightshadow reviews
    Harry is actually a girl, and for his protection, his parents placed an illusion that makes him look like a boy. Now that they're gone, the goblins take care of her/him. Powerful! Smart! Sometimes a Girl! Harry. Not super powered Harry.
    Rated: T - English - Chapters: 1 - Words: 2,378 - Reviews: 3 - Published: 3-1-11

I Have A Son! » by vampirerule117 reviews
    James, Sirius, Remus, and Severus are sent to the future to where they meet a vampire Sirius, an older Remus,a bitter Severus and James' son Harry Potter. With little to no chance of ever returning home, the quartet has to survive this new future.
    Rated: T - English - Humor/Romance - Chapters: 9 - Words: 10,509 - Reviews: 36 - Updated: 3-1-11 - Published: 2-26-10 - Harry P. & James P.

the warehouse fight by ric castle reviews
    it is a scene in deathly hallows were the wu sisters are now death eaters read out and find out what happens
    Crossover - Harry Potter & Kung Fu Panda - Rated: K+ - English - Adventure/Fantasy - Chapters: 1 - Words: 196 - Reviews: 1 - Published: 2-27-11 - Complete

Last edited: Mar 1, 2011
  12. Jormungandr

Jormungandr Prisoner

Jesus-fucking-Christ, where do people come up with this shite?

13. Hero of Stupidity

High Score:
    There is no spoon.:awesome:awesome

14. Sir Chris

Sir Chris First Year

The story is even worse than the summary, but...

1. The Riddle Answered » reviews
    DarkHarry: Rather than kill Harry in the graveyard, Tom reveals a startling secret: Harry is his son: Harry James Salazar Rasputin Riddle: son of Tom Riddle and Bellatrix Lestrange. Hogwarts: WATCH OUT! Dumbledore; beware: HARRY KNOWS THE TRUTH! HR/DG
    Harry Potter - Rated: T - English - Family/Drama - Chapters: 17 - Words: 79,221 - Reviews: 421 - Updated: 3-2-11 - Published: 9-23-10 - Harry P. & Daphne G.

15. Hero of Stupidity

High Score:
    that was waaay before

16. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

17. Verminard

Verminard Seventh Year

That mean young james hooks up with his son? Because that's more than a little twisted.

18. Hero of Stupidity

High Score:
    New Life by Doogie-rella
    Harry defeated Voldemort in the cemetery and is hailed a hero. Now all he want's is to live a normal life, but to do that, he'll have to go to great lengths. AU, 5th year, no horcruxes, genderbending!Harry, and femslash, because he's still a guy mentally.
    Rated: T - English - Drama - Chapters: 1 - Words: 1,065 - Published: 3-4-11 - Harry P.

19. The Arid Legion

The Arid Legion Professor

Gender bending, what the fuck... makes me think of Avatar: the Last Airbender.

20. Hero of Stupidity

High Score:
    Hermione's Love for Tom Felton by Chaos Angel of Slytherin
    Hermione falls in love with Tom Felton? Dramione sorta Harry has a plan, Ron's there to try and stop it! : Next chapter coming up soon! Reviews welcome, please enjoy!
    Rated: T - English - Romance/Humor - Chapters: 1 - Words: 1,159 - Published: 3-6-11 - Hermione G. & Draco M.

Where he belongs by Sitting Ducki
    Harry isn't Harry Potter but Thomas Weasley Ron's twin brother. James, Lily and Sirius are alive and Neville is the real Harry Potter but Harry/Thomas is the boy who lived. Not a crack fic I promise.
    Rated: T - English - Hurt/Comfort/Drama - Chapters: 1 - Words: 1,392 - Published: 3-6-11 - Harry P. & Ron W.

Not open for further replies.