1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Harry Potter and the Boy Who Lived by The Santi - M

Discussion in 'General Fics' started by ulkser, Sep 11, 2009.

Not open for further replies.
  1. Greener

Greener Sixth Year

I think we need a better definition of 'freak out' then, cause I can imagine that there would be yelling and accusations and that words would be spoken that would later be regretted.

I doubt that there would be any chairs thrown around, if that's what you had in mind...

2. Howdy

Howdy Dark Lord

If the Potters learned that Rosier was teaching Dark Arts at Durmstrang they would pull Harry out, no buts about it. If they only found out that Harry was good friends with his daughter, well, they might pull him out anyways.

Rosier is a very bad, bad man who supposedly died fighting for Voldemort. I don't think anyone would give him the benefit of the doubt like they did the Malfoys if it came out he was still alive.

3. Böhser Onkel

Böhser Onkel Second Year DLP Supporter

I had in mind that Harry's parents would tell Harry to end his relationship with Calypso. Which would ultimately lead to them pulling Harry out of Durmstrang, because otherwise they couldn't be sure of Harry ending his friendship with her. This would put quiet a strain on the relationship of Harry and his parents.

Now that I think of it, it's not that unlikely to happen.

On another note, sorry for using this` my keyboard is damaged. I'm now using my incredible slow laptop

4. knuckz

knuckz Seventh Year

Which may be the direction that The Santi wants to take the story in. Remember, Voldemort predicted that his parents wouldn't understand when he was convincing Harry to go to Durmstrang.

By reacting to Harry's relationship with Calypso in a bad manner, this will strain the relationship between Harry and his family, which will push him farther into the Dark Arts. And that's what the story is about, right? The summary (taken from FFnet) does say:

5. Pirazy

Pirazy Groundskeeper

From the interlude, during the summer after Harry's 2nd year..
    We're now halfway through Harry's 3rd year and he just got back from the winter break, more than 6 months has gone by since their talk. Did James and Lily ever get around to asking Dumbledore about more specifics regarding Harry's education? I was kinda looking forward to that conversation, Dumbledore makes some inquiries about the Darks Arts course and finds something in the later years which makes him think twice, or even better, he finds out who the new Dark Arts instructor is, but due to his oaths he's unable to reveal the identity of teachers at Durmstrang.

Or are you saving it for the next summer holiday? Or perhaps a few steps into 4th year to add onto the massive amounts of drama that'll occur when Calypso is introduced to the Potters?

6. 4arms

4arms Second Year

Well, the whole Durmstrang now knows that Harry is courting Calypso....so it would be difficult for that information to leak out by the middle of 4th year...

7. justbrowsing

justbrowsing Seventh Year

Better Dark Wizard than Evil Wizard.

8. knuckz

knuckz Seventh Year

Why would it be difficult? Wouldn't be incredibly easy instead? Someone would just say something and everybody would know.

9. Pirazy

Pirazy Groundskeeper

He probably means that before the term is even over a student at Durmstrang will have spread the news to friends or siblings at Hogwarts. Himself and Calypso aside, I believe Harry has mentioned a few students in his classes that he knows have family members attending at Hogwarts.

I know I myself mentioned the possibility in an earlier post that some students in Durmstrang will spread the various rumours surrounding Harry to Hogwarts to properly set the stage for Harry's return so I don't know why I suddenly thought his secrets would remain secret that long..:|

10. knuckz

knuckz Seventh Year

Well, I suppose that sounds correct. Still, I think it'd be a bit more enjoyable if it were a dramatic reveal in the middle of the Great Hall of Hogwarts rather than people not even paying attention because they already know.

Ignore me though. Too much drama is rarely a good thing.

11. 4arms

4arms Second Year

Sorry I missed a 'not' in my previous message.

Plus the rumors about Harry cursing someone when disturbed etc, etc. are bound to affect the Hogwarts and Potter family. Granger might understand, but we have Calypso for that...

12. mmsbddvr

mmsbddvr Muggle

re:chapter 11

My apologizes to all, I just joined and I know you guys have already reviewed the previous chapters throughly but I sort of am one of those obnoxious guys who can't keep their thoughts to themselves. Again My apologizes.

Chapter 11, P1.
    “Do you want to come it?” -by Calypso come in, unless of course it was intentional to show nervousness.

“Harry, I'm sorry that it hurt, I really am.” Calypso doesn't come across as the type who would shrink from pain when it comes with significant skills, as shown when she asked Harry to demonstrate the Trauma Curse on her. Its slightly out of character but still good.

Harry couldn't help but feel a little proud that Calypso thought so highly for him, -proud here seems a bit off, dizzy perhaps?

“Your reputation proceeds you, Harry.” Viktor grinned -precedes in my opinion but I could be wrong.

rumors of his cursing students that interrupted his study time emerged, of him cursing students

Another side note, Krum seems more solemn in this chapter usually he is more energetic.

Love the fact that you described the Professor's gifts, Marriage contract was previously hinted and finally revealed.

Chapter 11 p2
    Unfortunately, the Highmaster had foreseen such a problem as well, and Karkaroff thought expelling Europe's latest Quidditch prodigy was simply unacceptable. - Love this line. Shows how Karkaroff adore Krum as shown in the fourth book and how in Wizarding society biased runs deep.

Animagus potion and meditation, you have just totally bitch slap several authors in the face you know? Still looking forward to how Calypso describes Harry.

Note on Shield Charm in Charm class, despite being a charm shouldn't practicing shield charm in DA be more suitable?

I love Flitwick, is the ravenclaw second year, Luna Lovegood? It always struck me house the house of the wise was so immature to hide Luna's stuff away in the fifth book. Glad Flitwick is doing something about it.

p-3
    Love Krum got first dips, Harry's need to be brilliant comes across well done and subtle. Though I thought Kira would Kiss Krum for his achievements.

No one moved, Harry wasn't sure if anyone had even dared to breathe. Love the dramatic prose. I wondered if I had been in that class would I have attempt to Curse my Professor.

Huh Harry took Astronomy as evident by "...If I can manage it, I could use it for both my Charms and Astronomy final projects.” Mind letting us know before his grades come out what else he took?

The charm would not only have to show the sky it would have to be sort of a condense lens to show the who sky not just the piece above it.

The fact that Calypso has more progress then Harry hints at he does not fully accept his animagus form perhaps a form that is commonly misunderstood?

This chapter tells that Peter has entered Hogwarts but seems kind of dry otherwise.

p4,
    You are really making animagus to be a huge deal, making Krum get stuck as a bat, but still I find my self approving of the idea.

Professor Rosier 'tutted' in a disproving manner. “I teach the Dark Arts, Mr. Potter, and, as I said, the Patronus, while impressive, would fall more under the category of Charms. However, I'm sure Professor Kosarev would be impressed if you managed it. ” If Patronus is more for Charms then why would Shield Charms be in a Charm Class? Just a thought please don't kill me.

“Besides, I'd hate to keep you from your grading, sir.” - Harry has spine more of that please.

Well lots of kissing. Great Chapter.

13. Iztiak

Iztiak Prisoner DLP Supporter

You have a "quote" function. It works like this: [QUOTE.] Quoted material goes here, just remove the periods.[./QUOTE]

Making it easy to tell which parts are your comments, and what is the story.

14. cenares

cenares Fourth Year

well over a month has passed, lets hope he updates soon

15. sirius009

sirius009 Minister of Magic

Way to be a dick and needlessly comment on this thread; Santi will update when he's ready, you don't need to remind us that he hasn't.

16. Vincent

Vincent Death Eater

Man I was hoping this was an update. I wonder how long till the entire chapter is done.

17. Absolutista

Absolutista Fifth Year

Its gonna take a while, so chill the fuck out. Read his latest author note... He mentions he's gonna travel. Or move. Something like that.

18. Jormungandr

Jormungandr Prisoner

First post and you introduce yourself by acting like a defective monkey.

Well done. :facepalm

19. Starwind

Starwind Headmaster

Some people seem to join the site for the update rate on here for a lot of the fics I notice.

20. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    [​IMG]

Not open for further replies.