1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Pottermore Discussion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Another Empty Frame, Jun 16, 2011.

1. Blaise

Blaise Golden Patronus

I bet you'll still be on this site erry'day, like the rest of us. Stop hatin'. D8

And anyone who gets into Hufflepuff has to fess up. No do-overs until you "get the house you want." I'm using my forum email; hopefully you'll be able to verify my House by searching for that.

2. Ash

Ash Moves Like Jagger DLP Supporter

Pottermore Press Page. If you click that link, you will find pictures of what the site will look like.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

These caps give me hope. Also, lol @ the names chosen.

3. Qilin

Qilin Fourth Year

Sarah Palin's backyard, possibly with a shotgun.
    ^ That looks much better than what I was hoping for at least. I wonder what the Sorting Hat's questions will be? Will there be a 'What house do you want to be in?'

4. Goreshade

Goreshade Fourth Year

Honestly, no matter how much I hated the last two books you couldn't keep me away from this site. Harry Potter still has a grip on my soul that I don't think will be leaving any time soon.

Also, I'm going to be begging that damn sorting hat to keep me out of Hufflepuff or Gryffindor. However if I get into Hufflepuff you guys will all know so you can ridicule me.

Depending on how far this goes it could potentially be great, hopefully we can make a DLP 'club' or something at Hogwarts.

5. brad

brad Third Year

And five minutes later Filch will turf you all out. :)

Seriously, I'm wondering how dissenters and critics will be welcomed. Maybe the Terms & Conditions will include something along the lines of 'no negative attitudes or criticism allowed'? Because there's a HUGE slab of the fandom that will jump up and down and cry 'crucify him!' should one make them uncomfortable by pointing at all the canon errors as they emerge or mocking the books. It would be a simple case for the site's moderators to eject anyone who isn't 'pro Jo', citing 'for the comfort of our other patrons', etc.

6. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

Especially as you just know the actual names will be "HarryLuvsGinny23" and "xxHarryDraco4evaxx" :s

I think I want into that Beta. I have time in August, but not in September. And lol, Blaise, if that websites Hufflepuffs me, I'll so say fuck that and start over >_> I want into Slytherin.

7. Blaise

Blaise Golden Patronus

"DON'T HUFFLEPUFF ME, BRO!

8. Starwind

Starwind Headmaster

Wouldn't some people on here get into Hufflepuff for their loyalty to DLP? :p

I'm curious if there will be a set of questions when registering and that will define your house, like multiple choices, etc...

9. Portus

Portus Heir

I can see a few of the Sorting questions now:

10. wordhammer

wordhammer Dark Lord DLP Supporter

I think the Badger house has been woefully misunderstood for too long.

I sing a tale of sorting, for that is what I do,
    but apologies for deceiving, as my other songs weren't true.
    Sure, Gryffindors are brave and Slytherins ambitious,
    Ravenclaws have brains and ideas auspicious,
    but Hufflepuff has a standard that the others always lacked,
    The wizards are all agreeable, the witches always stacked.

For Helga was a lusty witch and asked me to mislabel,
    so that others would dismiss the ones whom she wanted around her table.
    "Let Gryffindor have those arshats, and Ravenclaw the nerdy,
    Slytherin can keep his power-hungry descendents by purity.
    I want you to select the tastiest treats for living in our den,
    Choose the sexiest of women, and the hardiest of men.
    I want them all to learn from me and know the wondrous beauty
    of time spent together in trusted promiscuity."

And so my friends, the Gryffindors see the world by popularity
    You Ravenclaws believe that rightness comes solely from your clarity
    The Slytherins are trapped in thinking power is their legacy
    But the Hufflepuffs all know the truth; their hard work earns them ecstasy!

Nymphadora Tonks blushed heavily as her fiance Remus Lupin snapped back from his surprise attempt at post-coital legilimency. He gulped and looked in her eyes, then asked, "Is that true?"

She replied nervously, "N-no! Not at all. We 'Puffs are just, y'know, funny. Ha ha!"

Remus thought back over the memorable Hufflepuffs in his experience. 'Cedric Diggory; Justin Finch-Fletchley, Amelia and Susan Bones, Hannah Abbot, Marlene (sigh) McKinnon...'

Last edited: Jun 24, 2011
  11. Blaise

Blaise Golden Patronus

You shouldn't have given me an excuse - but thanks for doing so :awesome

12. The Santi

The Santi Professor

All I want from the site is the long overdue explanation on how to make a Horcrux. For some reason though, I doubt it'll be among the new canon information she's going to provide.

13. Pomegranate

Pomegranate Second Year

Do you think "July 31st" will be based on London time?

14. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

On the one hand I think it's a brilliant way to capitalize on HP fandom. I often wonder why more authors don't try use the Internet to promote their work, or at least make official sites for it.

On the other hand, I'm wary of any new material from Rowling. It's not even about later books, because they may not be perfect, but you can see what was the idea behind them. It's info she started to add after the release of seventh book that worry me (like Dumbledore sexuality).

By the way - is that you Santi? I thought you got lost on a road called life (or wherever you were traveling in a past few months).

Last edited: Jun 24, 2011
  15. Sesc

At the press conference, there were no cameras allowed. So naturally, we have a video.

There's a short demo of Rowling's new material (background about Petunia), and probably more interesting, a glimpse into how the sorting works, and what questions there are. The first one on the video is "After you have died, what would you most like people to do when they hear your name?"

Answers in that case:

- Miss you, but smile
    - Ask for more stories about your adventure
    - Think with admiration of your achievements
    - I don't care what people think of me after I'm dead. It's what they think of me while I'm alive that counts.​

So which one's which? :p

Edit:

Link.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2011
  16. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    It's tricky, because we're not sure if we should go with the espoused characteristics of the houses, or what Rowling used them as.

E.g. if Slytherins are ambitious, I'd say #3 is their answer. But if Slytherin is considered synonymous with "Death Eaters" then I'd say #4.

17. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

Sure, but for what other house #4 is a good answer? Gryffindor? #2 is the most likely. Hufflepuff? #1. Lastly - Ravenclaw. Maybe, but still #3 sounds more like them.

18. Ash

Ash Moves Like Jagger DLP Supporter

At first look, I thought that #4 would be Ravenclaw, as that's the best smart answer. ;)

The more information is released about Pottermore, the more excited I become. I just can't help myself. If I'm not picked on July 31, I hope that some of you are, and I hope that we will be told all about it, because FUCK, October feels like a long time away.

19. Sesc

/reads himself through the articles
    Apparently, it's going to be an online treasure hunt for the early access.

Link.

Though the dimension ... wow. If they already offer one million beta accounts, the actual (expected) userbase has just become ridiculously large. And considering it's also a social network thingy ... how many users does facebook have, again?

Yeah, that seems like it could fit. Of course, they could also have mixed meanings -- x% Ravenclaw, y% Slytherin etc.

20. ViolentRed

ViolentRed Professor

I'd say Hufflepuff is #4. They don't really care about their legacy, they just want to good and hard working in life. #3 has ambition written all over it.

There also seem to be some less straithforward questions like Forrest/River? and Head/Tails? I wonder how those work.