1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Harry Potter and the Boy Who Lived by The Santi - M

Discussion in 'General Fics' started by ulkser, Sep 11, 2009.

Not open for further replies.
  1. Boo

Boo Auror

Karkaroff giving Harry a detention doesnt break the deal with Dumbledore. Karkaroff seemed to go easy on Harry punishment wise.
    The one girl cheated on a test and she had to sit still suffering who knows what for who knows how long. Harry admitted to "attacking" a student in plain view with a dangerous curse after Karkaroff started to crack down on that type of thing.

The after effect of the detention seems like PTSD or something and with the shut off the emotions its unlikely to get better.

2. Oruma

Oruma Order Member

Alternatively, there may not be an Age Line at all, if Karkaroff wanted Harry to compete (which would be another blow to Hogwarts and Dumbledore if that happens)

3. Darth Mage

Darth Mage Second Year

What I'm interested in right now is when the Potters are going to find out about Calypso being a Rosier. Lily already knows that Calypso has said she's "not spying on their family," so I think it's safe to say that once they do find out they'll remember that. But with Calypso being Harry's GIRLFRIEND... well, Montagues and Capulets, anyone?

I agree with what's been said; Harry's definitely going to be Durmstrang champion, but ooh I can just imagine Kira's reaction if she isn't even chosen at all! Anyone else like that idea?

4. KrzaQ

KrzaQ Denarii Host DLP Supporter

I'd love to see Calypso pointing that out to her in a fight.

5. syed

syed Supermod

first time poster, long time reader!

I just want to say this is a really great story.

Igor will want an exception for harry because he knows genius, and he wants to win, albus may be against it but he likly knows harry is up for it. Of course his parents will be against it, but thats just normal worried parents. IF both brother are chosen, then harry would likly force nathan to to study and pre pare, as much as harry wants to show the world his superiority, he would believe that someone is out to get his little brother so will want to protect him.

Also, harry would never believe nathan could get around the restrictions, and would believe his brother if he says he didnt enter as he has mind magics now. I can totally see harry cursing nathan into studying more, but this time with parent permission. Harry probally believes this, nathan is an idiot but he is his brother, and the only one allowed to give him a good cursing is him. WHen he hears about the voldemort visions, harry will try to make him study how to protect his mind, as well as researching the scar and connection.

With dementors threatening or possibly harming nathan, not only will harry learn patronus, but attempt to improve it. It been thought that fiend fire could possibly harm dementors, i wonder if harry would attempt that, or possibly combine fiendfire and patronus into a weapon. Could a dementor be used to rip a horocrux from its container, so to leave it intact. What ever magic comes along from this is a guaranteed "M".

Calypso will definitly be an issue, as she is likly going to be able to go with harry to the tornament, so every one will get to meet his best friend and learn about their relationship, she is likly going to be his partner at the ball. Harry could argue that it doesnt matter that she is a rosier, as sirius is a black, or that she is not the nicest or kindest girl around, as lily is still friends with severus. While the fact she is draco cousin may be bad, the fact she finds him so annoying and whinny, she repeatedly cursed him would be in her favour.
    Would she be invited to the potter house for christmass, likly she may get along with harrys mother, as harry told her about how she was the one that taught him and how smart she is. She is likly to see nathan as fool for ignoring such a valuable gift as parsel tongue just because of a dark reputation. So ron and nathan are at risk of being cursed. Herminone may be the only one she get along with, and she would love to get her with krum, so both keeping her away from harry and driving kira mad. SO she is a rosier, remember the fact her father is still alive might not have spread.

Funny idea for harry potential dark arts spell, there was this fanfiction story where harry studied some dark arts spell, and thought about it and used them as cooking spells. SO could harry produce a meal for his dark arts professor using nothing but dark arts. SO show proficciancy in dark magic, but in a way that is just hilarious, the teacher would be furious or hysterical at it.
    Spells to cruch, remove, break, and burn bones, so leaving the meat cooked.
    SKinning spelss to clean animals.
    Cutting, smashing, breaking, slicing spelss to prepare ingreadiant.
    Organ and blood boiling and removal spells.
    Fire magic to cook.
    Deadly magic to ensure any germs and bacteria is dead.

I wonder why sirius new gave the twins his communicating mirrors, so they could stay in touch. Haryy is the older brother correct, so he is the lord potter, so he should inheret the invisability cloak, correct. Also due to his more flexable morales, will he get a hand of glory, so to provide him with a light only he would see as he uses the cloak. Nathan likly has the map of the marauders, so when harry sees it, will he attempt to make a better one for either hogwarts or durmstung. Will he try to get nathan to explore the chamber of secrets more, or try to harvest the snake. If visiting hogwarts, would harry sit with the slytherins, with luna or with his brother.

WHen burke was expelled, did he get sent to hogwarts?

Last edited: Jul 9, 2011
  6. Carmine

Carmine Unspeakable

Paragraphing, bitch :awesome

7. silverlasso

silverlasso Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

I don't think paragraphs can help this guy.

8. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    Santi should take responsibility for his fanboys :nyan:

Last edited: Jul 9, 2011
  9. Hw597

Hw597 Seventh Year

I was considering scenarios for the triwizards tournament which got me thinking; Harry sucked in that tournament. To be perfectly honest, Karkaroff's scores had the right of it, he wasn't being unfair at all. I was imagining how harry would fair in the tournament if Santi stuck to cannon and that got me actually comparing Harry's performance to the other contestants.

First task- The other contestants defeat or outwit their dragons by either "dueling" it. Using advanced transfiguration, or using some esoteric bewitchment spell.

Harry learned the summoning charm. Something that by description should be first or second year material.

Second Task- The other contestants actually figure out their clues for one, then either: Learn what by descriptions is a pretty advanced charm or use what was likely deliberately partial, successful self transfiguration (sounds pretty damn hard to me).
    Harry actually failed fantastically, but as far as the judges know he simply ordered in a weed that did all the work for him.

Third Task- Half the feild was cleared for him.

In summary: He sucked balls. He sucked them hard and he sucked them long.

If santi does decide to have nathan and Harry competing together and he sticks to a cannon tournament (which I don't really recommend) it could easily cause a sizable rift to form between the brothers. If it was me I would pissed that Nathan was getting scores like that for such unambitous and lackluster performance.

10. Darth Mage

Darth Mage Second Year

Good point, Hw. I mean, was I the only one who screamed, "Why don't you summon the egg you idiot!" when I read the first task?

I can totally see Harry cursing Ron for not believing his brother. Here's hoping that's so with my fingers crossed.

11. Carmine

Carmine Unspeakable

He wasn't very good. So? He was participating against his will, against competitors with three more years of magical education under their belts. Admittedly, canon (canon, not cannon) Harry isn't too bright, but he didn't have an easy time of defusing situations aimed at above average students three years older than him.

Santi's Harry should manage those situations more capably, if the tournament is kept canon, which I'm undecided on myself.

12. Darth Mage

Darth Mage Second Year

I think Harry was contaminated by the wizarding world, which was plain stupid in general. Face it - wizards are not the brightest people on the planet. There were thousands of times throughout the books when things were allowed that should NOT have been allowed or where they could have solved a situation or problem a LOT differently, but didn't, and chose to go about it the hard way. This isn't one or two instances; it's a dozen or more. So yeah, in that kind of climate, it's no surprise Harry ended up the way he did. This is why I love Santi's fan fiction so much - wizards are not the way they were in canon, making for a much more interesting story. Of course, this is only in my admittedly biased opinion.

The Force be with us all.

13. Carmine

Carmine Unspeakable

...example? Admittedly, they do lack common sense, that much is obvious.

14. Darth Mage

Darth Mage Second Year

It'll take a while to find a few examples, I don't have the books right off hand.

15. Kalypso

Kalypso Second Year

I´m not so sure that Harry would be very helpful or understanding for Nathan when both are champions.

Sure Nathan is his brother and he is protective of him. He won´t believe Nathan entered willingly and doesn´t want him harmed, but at the same time he wants to outshine Nathan. He´s a much more powerful and knowledgable wizard and wants to prove himself. It was one of his reasons for leaving Hogwarts, so that he won´t allways be in the shadow of the Boy Who Lived and he is extremely pissed off that Nathan is better at the Patronus.
    I believe Harry would also be angry and jealous that Nathan is again in the spotlight and his competition-at least subconsciously.

Good potential for many fights and hard feelings and a further rift between the brothers.

16. Carmine

Carmine Unspeakable

Agreed. I'm particularly looking forward to the Potters' Rosier-related freakout, which I hope is close.

17. Hw597

Hw597 Seventh Year

Kalypso elaborated on my point perfectly. If Harry enters, it would be for the glory; to prove himself to the school that hurt him. Of course he would want nathan to be safe but he would still want him to be scored accurately. The scores and praise Nathan (/canon Harry) received is completely disproportionate to the skill he showed. He will want him safe, but not scoring higher than him for doing the bare minimum.
    I just found it a little funny that when I first read the book I thought karkaroff was just being a prick. Now that I look at the competition from the perspective of an alternate competitor, I realise of all the judges he was actually the most accurate.

18. Provis

Provis Second Year

Why do people keep saying that the Potters will freak out about Harry being friends (or more) with a Rosier? Certainly Calypso has several family members that were Death Eaters, but that sort of thing seems to be the norm for Potter Family friends.

Lily is friends with an actual former Death Eater in Snape; James' friends are hardly better with Sirius coming from a notably dark family that produced multiple Death Eaters, Lupin being a werewolf, and with Peter as a former friend turned Death Eater.

All told, I will be highly disappointed if there actually is a highly negative reaction in relation to this revelation. Additionally, it's not as if the Potters have more to be worried about with Harry than who he associates with...

19. Darth Mage

Darth Mage Second Year

I just realized that most of the school treated canon!Harry badly because they thought he was entering to get more fame, so who's to say it would cause a rift between Nathan and his brother? Yeah, that seems likely, but there's also the possibility that a bit of Nathan's fame could get transferred to Harry because of the students' belief. I know, it seems very unlikely, but at this point anything's a possibility.

As an off topic side note, how awesome would it be for an F-18 to drop a payload of munitions directly onto Hogwarts?

20. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    Death Eater and coming from a dark family are different things, and you dont choose to be a werewolf. Plus her father is a KNOWN death eater

Last edited: Jul 10, 2011
Not open for further replies.