1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Harry Potter and the Boy Who Lived by The Santi - M

Discussion in 'General Fics' started by ulkser, Sep 11, 2009.

Not open for further replies.
  1. Catman

Catman DA Member

Whoa

Whoa

Fixed.

2. Kurufinwe

Kurufinwe Groundskeeper

You know that it will make him angry and more uncivilized? He will curse you in Gobbledegook.
    Never-minding him, back on topic.
    It's rather irrelevant, which year is more interesting, fourth is right behind the corner, so everybody is looking more for Triwizard tournament, even more so with it being year at Hogwarts.
    About Ron and his opinions of Dark Wizard, Slytherin, etc. In Santi work both he and Nathan are little bashed, is it bad? No, in most fictions Ron is bashed and many more stories this type are published - meaning ? Nobody likes gingers! :D So what are his canon opinions in this topic shouldn't be discussed. Rosier Senior opinion of blood-purity are rather obviously, he was class-mate of Tom Riddle, he knows You-Know-Who isn't pure blood himself, he accepts relationship between his daughter and other half-blood. Now form your answer.

I think his role maybe won't be fighting, but rather recruiting.He will be professor/headmaster and will have access to influence young minds :)

3. goblin

goblin Backtraced

Go fuck yourself Jormungandr and Catman, you retards. And Cat, bitch, mama is a real word.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2011
  4. Xantam

Xantam Denarii Host

Can we please ban the troll?

5. Jormungandr

Jormungandr Prisoner

Hey, why not? 'Pumping the fist' is a perfectly normal component of human behavior.

However, being a rude and illiterate twat, is not.

6. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

This thread has passed the brink of fail.

7. goblin

goblin Backtraced

Well then go 'Pump the fist' somewhere else.

Xantam go ban yourself.

8. tragicmat1

tragicmat1 Death Eater

I just realized his name is goblin. I'm slow :mad:

Anyways, I'm still wondering what's going to happen with the age-line. It would always cause more drama if Harry couldn't enter because of it, although Nathan still somehow does.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2011
  9. Breaking I don't know how many years of lurking to say this:

Good sirs, can we all not partake and discuss this finely crafted tale of wizardry without reducing ourselves to the level of homo neanderthalensis?

Now, let us return to some discussion. I think that the animagus scene was the best scene so far. It also seems to be the climax of the first part of the story, particularly this line:

So back to lurking with me. To The Santi, most of your silent fans aren't obnoxious, we merely feel that any praise we could give would simply be restating what others have said, and we are not literary critics of any sort so we feel that any criticism would be either nonconstructive or annoying. Thanks for writing this story, it is incredibly entertaining despite the long, though very understandable, waits.

10. Rakkety Tam

Rakkety Tam High Inquisitor

You wait? I just keep rereading the story and making wild conjecture about what could possibly maybe happen in the future. As more time passes, the more outlandish my theories become.

Right now I'm focused on the summer. Specifically, I'm wondering if Harry will tell his parents about his animagus transformation so he can continue to practice by having his dad turn him back until he gets the hang of doing it on his own. I'm also very curious to see what Harry does in an attempt to truly prepare for the tournament. An extremely motivated Harry is always fun to read.

11. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    Yeah even Hermione was bashed a bit, which is always awesome.

12. Expelliarmus

Expelliarmus Third Year

Over the last few issues discussed, my intuition is as follows:
    • Harry's family (or at least, James) personally meet Harry's friends, including Calypso (it doesn't surprise me that Santi will delight us with the image that Harry and Calypso kiss each other, believing that James doesn't see them before/during/after Viktor's semifinal), although publicly he doesn't want his parents to know who is dating her. Not only because she was a member of the Rosier family, but because he is 14, is dating a girl and it is normal he doesn't want that known in his family, for an embarrassment own teenagers (imagine the jokes that James, Sirius and Remus would make him).
    • Durmstrang students will sit at the Slytherin table, not by the will of Viktor or Harry, but by the will of the director Karkarrof. Karkarrof is friends with Snape. In addition, we must keep in mind that, as the Slytherins have always been attracted to the Dark Arts, it is normal that members of a school that teaches this subject feel more comfortable with the Slytherin than others; not to mention the fact that many students have family in the Slytherin house (eg, Calypso is a cousin of Draco Malfoy). Also the fact that Karkarrof want to do a bad time to Dumbledore that Harry Potter feels peacefully in the Slytherin table as if it were his own.
    • Professor Rosier is tired of seeing endanger his family (he lost a son in the war and lost his wife when she gave birth to Calypso). As much, he would spy for Voldemort in the Durmstrang Institute (whether Karkarrof flee or not, because Voldemort knows that Karkarrof is untrustworthy) and eye to students who could be good and obedient Death Eaters. In this way, Voldemort could put him on top of his plan to Harry enter into Durmstrang, as a first step in a more complex plot that ending in a powerful Harry as one of his top lieutenants in the future war magical, with the aim of Harry Potter does not deviate from the planned project by Voldemort for his future.
    • Harry recover a long lost time with his family (mainly his father and godfather) due to his personal commitment to achieve being an Animagus, despite the growing differences between Harry and the rest of his family, either by the Dark Arts, Durmstrang, the Triwizard Tournament, and mainly by Calipso Rosier.

13. Plothole

Plothole Fifth Year

That's not really true. In canon, Karkaroff goes to Snape for help, but he refuses. Doesn't sound like much of a friendship to me.
    For some reason I doubt Rosier would give his support to Voldemort. It seems more likely that he would attempt to stay neutral as long as possible. He's isn't stupid from what we've seen, he knows his family cannot afford to lose anymore members.

14. KrzaQ

KrzaQ Denarii Host DLP Supporter

He might not want to support Voldemort, but it's still better than being hunted by both sides.

I don't see how Harry's seating is such a problem, but I also don't see why would it happen any differently than in the canon... Although it would be interesting to have Ron accuse Nathan of conspiring with Harry and entering the Tournament willingly.

15. T3t

T3t Purple Beast of DLP ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    If he's worried about being attacked from both sides, then surely he would understand that declaring for the light would be safer, even if they didn't trust him?

16. Equinox

Equinox Seventh Year

And he could probably easily make use of his position in Durmstrang to limit his involvement to that of watching Harry; plus passing what information he can about the reactions of purebloods in Europe to Voldemort's resurface.

The question is, would he think declaring for the light is safer? From what I recall, Voldemort's faction was winning before he lost his body.

17. T3t

High Score:
    That's true, but if he thinks that the light side stands a chance, it's much preferable not to get tortured by your boss.

18. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    On the topic of Ron and Slytherins: Ron's got the right of it. They are all evil sons of bitches. Might as well be renamed Here Be Bad Guys. If Harry had trusted a Slytherin in canon he would have been fucked over by nightfall.

19. KrzaQ

KrzaQ Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Better to be occasionally tortured by your boss than have your whole family tortured and killed by your enemy, don't you think?

Voldemort casting cruciatus on his followers for no reason is fanon.

20. T3t

High Score:
    We know that he kills a bunch of his followers for no (rational) reason in book 7. It's not canon, I suppose, but it's not exactly a stretch.

Also, why would all of his followers be so terrified of him if he didn't punish them like that? Time breeds complacency...

Not open for further replies.