1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Harry Potter and the Boy Who Lived by The Santi - M

Discussion in 'General Fics' started by ulkser, Sep 11, 2009.

Not open for further replies.
  1. Rocag

Rocag Third Year

No I think the connection is that Narcissa Malfoy is the daughter of Druella Rosier. I don't think it is ever said how exactly Romulus and Druella are related though. Siblings perhaps? Romulus is supposed to be pretty old so that would make sense.

2. wolf550e

wolf550e High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

3. Expelliarmus

Expelliarmus Third Year

It's true. I forgot that Romulus was quite old (he witnessed the final battle between Dumbledore and Grindelwald at the age of 15 years), so the family relationship is more likely Romulus is Narcissa's uncle and Calypso would be Narcissa's first cousin.

However, Calypso has called Malfoy marriage as his uncles, and Draco as his cousin. May well be called that by custom and education, but for this fact I maintain my thesis described above.

4. Elelith

Elelith Squib

Great chapter, one thing I'm wondering though is the spelling & grammar of Krum's letter... Has he really improved to that level in the English language since his last letter to Harry? Does that mean, when he reaches Hogwarts, he'll be able to pronounce Hermione's name right? Unless that letter was actually German.

Oh and would love those drunk Harry photos to come out at some point XD

5. yak

yak Moderator DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Writing English is not the same as speaking English. Just ask Tinn.

In Krum's case, he should be a far better English speaker than he ever was in canon. Near perfect, in fact. Harry has been teaching Krum to speak it with the help of the language charm.

6. sirius009

sirius009 Minister of Magic

Where the hell did this come from? This is so far out of left field that I don't know where to begin, all I'll say is that it is highly doubtful that Crouch Sr. knows who Harry is, and it is incredibly unlikely that Harry know's the magic behind the dark mark. Needless to say neither of these things has ever been mentioned in the story.

Harry said in the last update that since his mom asked him to stop betting on games he did. He merely told Sirius that if he were to bet he should bet on Viktor catching the snitch since he always gets the snitch. I have no clue how the twins or the joke shop fit into this situation in the least bit, and as far as Ron goes, it seems as if Harry doesn't give two shits about him and would rather just ignore him.

I highly doubt that Calypso would try to find a girl to replace Kira, she simply doesn't like the girl, it doesn't mean that she cares about Viktor in the least, just that Kira's presence is an annoyance.

I highly doubt that Harry wants to own Kreacher, Kreacher is only of interest to him b/c of his access to the black libraries.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2011
  7. syed

syed Supermod

Draco is sure to spill the beans in the top box, because that is how he is. But Calypso will simply tell everyone how obsessed he is with Nathan, that she fears that the Malfoy line could potentially end as he is no where as interested in girls.

If Rosier is in hiding would he really help a riot. Malfoy would likly have to stay and watch over Calypso.

I wonder the dementors make things cold, so if they pass a puddle, it would freeze over, so if the water curse was sent at them them would they be imprisoned in a giant ice cube. I always thought fiend fire would be a sure way of getting rid of them. I wonder if the water curse and fiend fire, cold be adapted to create water and fire elementals, or used to augement a normal earth elemental. ALso as there are spells to affect the weather, storm, lightning and wind elementals are a great idea.

If told to run at the cup final, they will be told to stay with Harry, as he can use magic and he is a kick ass dueller. If bulgaria wins, harry and calypso will be at the victory party, i bet kira will be there so we will find out if she made the 40 to go. WOuld any of the potter and weasley party be invited.

8. yak

That doesn't happen in canon. It's a movie-verse power only.

9. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    A lot of people consider movie canon which is annoying. If Fiendfyre could destroy demontors pretty sure Dumbledore or some other powerful wizard would just destroy them.

10. Styx0444

Styx0444 Minister of Magic

Especially considering how pissed off Dumbledore was when they swarmed the quidditch pitch in the third book.

11. Pirazy

Pirazy Groundskeeper

Where the fuck do you get all these things from, syed?

You really really for some obscure reason want the British Ministry to pull a fifth year on Harry and continually harass him, why are you so eager to have Crouch try and pin DE-activity on Harry? He's the son of two people who fought in the goddamn resistance against Voldemort and lost his grandparents to the psychopath. Crouch would have to have some kind of magical senile paranoia/dementia going on for him to go after Harry with fuckall to show as for why he's doing it.

Why the fuck would Harry care about what the twins do? They, along with Ron, are probably the Weasley's he'd care the least for. They don't take their education seriously, preferring to play and invent new retarded ways to humiliate people, Harry left Hogwarts to get away from that kind of dickery. He'll treat them the same he does Ron, with contempt when he's not ignoring their existance. He's not gonna sponsor their playhouse which they'll restyle into a weapons shop where they invent technomancy and shit once the war starts.

And what the fuck about Kreacher? You're pulling out all the clichés aren't you? Ministry persecution, Weasley baiting and gearing up his personal elf with weapons and uniform. Sirius ain't gonna give Harry a psychotic elf who would poison him in a second if he found out Harry's a halfblood, nor is he gonna hand over the House of Black to him, this ain't your standard 5th-year dark!Harry fic where he gets a fancy title and a mansion with a dark history to go with his new independent persona.

And of course, can't forget that Draco's a homo, got to work that in there somewhere too, probably takes after daddy, right? Maybe he should try and dissolve Narcissa's marriage contract once he's got that Lord Black title and add her to the harem he'll be building?

Wait, are you saying that if there's a riot that the grownups are gonna tell the kids to run off on their own because Harry's such a badass that he can protect them all against grown deatheaters? No parent in their right mind would let their child run around on their own during a fullscale riot with murdering psychopaths on the loose.

Reading your posts are like an exercise in codebreaking, I've got three words for you: Spellcheck, capitalization, paragraphs.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2011
  12. Jormungandr

Jormungandr Prisoner

Syed, where on Earth do you pull this complete and utter bullshit from?

Oh, that's right.

FF.net.

:facepalm

13. Zennith

Zennith Pebble Wrestler ~ Prestige ~

High Score:

I may have been behind a few pages, but I saw this and couldn't help but note -

Igor isn't from the fucking book. He's not a part of the real Frankenstein. Just saying.

14. Vincent

Vincent Death Eater

Don't know if anyone pointed this out already but didn't Harry already know that Sirius had house elves and that was where he assumed Dobby came from?

15. yak

You're absolutely correct. Good find.

When Dobby first appears in chapter 7, Harry and Nathan immediately assume that he's one of Sirius' house elves. It's strange that Harry would be surprised that Sirius owns a house elf when it's revealed in the latest chapter.

16. tragicmat1

tragicmat1 Death Eater

The chapter was great. I don't know if it's just me, but I've always enjoyed the family scenes in this story. It lightens up the mood and just has a nice atmosphere to it.

Also, have this "free castrations/brain dicing for all ff.net visitors!" always been a tag for this story? LOL.

17. Elelith

Elelith Squib

Not for much longer, it might get pretty angsty once the truths about what Harry's up to at Durmstrang comes out. I doubt Dumbledore would do a 180 reversal on Harry though, considering he should know where Harry comes from... (Thinking of Dumbledore's younger days with Grindelwald, with whom he might have continued with if his sister hadn't died.)

Also, this might already have been addressed in the whole thread I didn't complete, but any hints already about how Santi is going to address the Halloween night, or whenever Nathan became the BWL? I assume Nathan is the Horcrux since he can speak to snakes but why him not Harry? Since in the book, it says the piece of Tom's soul latched itself on the only living thing present i.e.: book!Harry, yet here, there were twins in the room, ergo two living things.

Barring that, there was no mother's love sacrifice, so how did Nathan survive the Killing curse?

Finally, if Peter is at Hogwarts to kill/kidnap/torture Nathan, why does he not have his wand? Oh and it might be just me, but he seems a much less snivelling coward than in the original series since he has time for pithy warnings:

18. Mordecai

Mordecai Drunken Scotsman –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I enjoyed this latest chapter, I'm looking forward to seeing where the various plot lines are heading, as they all seem to be gaining momentum. I'm particularly interested in this false memory thing, and the memory charming that seems to be going on.

19. Expelliarmus

Expelliarmus Third Year

About the cause of why it is Nathan who owns the horcrux, and not his brother Harry, is due more to Nathan had an open wound (the lightning-shaped scar) and he was closer to Voldemort than Harry at that moment.

As for Peter's warning, but rather a comment that he told Remus during the fight and subsequent flight (as did Snape to Harry when the young called him a coward after the murder of Dumbledore).

And the only way Peter could evade its appearance on the map (and taking into account that the map was the result of an accident, is ruled out possibility that Peter Hall a chance to escape the map) would be with the help of his Dark Lord.

EDIT:

Indeed, it has been pretty rare that has not left in the last chapter the final grades Harry's final year at Durmstrang when he received notification that he was among the 40 chosen to be Durmstrang's champion. Will the notes be in the next chapter?

20. syed

syed Supermod

If an elemental is a ritual, it would be hard to use in a duel. SO what if Harry can lock it into a crystal, a sphere or possibly a small model, to be activated at need.

If he advanced his third year classes ahead by atleast one year, Harry could be finished in time to back Nathan up in his seventh year. If he could some how trick, Tom into believing Harry could be recruited, I totally see Harry coming and drop kicking the carrows for the dark arts class, and teaching it properly, no Fiend fire for these arsonists till they learn the water curse.

I wonder if more could be done with the animagus, could an animals enhanced senses help magic at all. For Harry, coul he learn to understand and influence canines.

When learning the dark arts, has harry studied ways of neutralising and elimininating the magic if used against him

Not open for further replies.