1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Harry Potter and the Boy Who Lived by The Santi - M

Discussion in 'General Fics' started by ulkser, Sep 11, 2009.

Not open for further replies.
  1. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    It was either Caesar or the annoying tendency of some to try to apply a folk understanding of quantum physics to various concepts from Eastern philosophies.

That one is something that will make me rage more, but was rather less applicable to the discussion at hand.

2. Corsair

Corsair First Year

Actually I think Taure may have a point with language evolution. Not to the point of word changing meaning completely, but drift of connotations.

I can imagine wizarding world let’s say 500 years ago, with much more medieval morality. “Dark Lord” would be understood differently. Less focus on ‘dark’ and more on the ‘Lord’.

Such title would be a title of respect. It would mean someone with position – and/or someone whose proficiency and strength can earn such position. In such settings adjective ‘dark’ would refer more to dark arts – type of magic used, than person morality.

Imagine counterpart of a knight. Strong willed, decisive, dangerous and ambitious. Earning respect through his fighting proficiency. Wanting to earn recognition, and get his own domain to live in and protect. Dark magic (at least in Santi universe) is magic dedicated to battle. It is then natural, that someone like that would be master of it.

In such understanding of this title, Calypso could be considered ‘Dark Lady’ in a future – she is someone that rely on Dark Arts. She is ambitious. Put her into world where "might makes right” is morally acceptable, and she will be perfect example. It does >not< mean, she would be evil, insane or planning world domination.

...now I just hope you guys won't tell me "obvious, boring and discussed already, just check <insert link>" :p
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

3. ViolentRed

ViolentRed Professor

I think there's distinction between a Dark Lord in canon and a Dark Lord in this story.

"Dark Lord" in canon is just another name for Voldemort, one that was probably either created by himself or his followers.

In this story, a Dark Lord simply seems to be a leader through strenght among Dark wizards and usually one that tries to gain power through violence.

4. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Let's just replace every "Dark X" with "Badass" and go back to more interesting conversations.

Seriously.

5. Jormungandr

Jormungandr Prisoner

Wait, there were interesting conversations in this thread? I thought it was just an outlet for ff.net retardism on DLP...? :confused:

6. Sacro

Sacro Groundskeeper

Yes, once upon a time there were things called "interesting conversations" in this thread, but then evil!Santi came, and with the mentioning of DLP in his Authors Notes, brought doom upon us all with the intent to slowly enslave us.

7. Rakkety Tam

Rakkety Tam High Inquisitor

Maybe, you should reread this thread. There has always been a bunch on nonsense here. Maybe, it wasn't as bad as the past few pages, but this thread was never brimming with intelligent conversations.

8. CrackedMind

CrackedMind Minister of Magic

I actually came here looking for added stuff about Taure's Lords of Magic and Enembee's the Sun Dog. Santi's BWL was just an added bonus.

I've been following this website longer than a month, just never really found the reason to create an account. I had nothing to say, so no real reason to post.

9. gullibleoats

gullibleoats Seventh Year

I just don't get what's going to make him so infamous though? I mean, Voldemort's going to get killed by Nathan, Grindelwald is wasting away, and Harry doesn't hate muggles, or the Statute of Secrecy. So what's he going to advocate? What's his big problem going to be?

10. T3t

T3t Purple Beast of DLP ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    He might just end up a famous wizard due to some vastly important discoveries he'll make in the future. Bonus points if they're related to the dark arts.

11. CrackedMind

CrackedMind Minister of Magic

We don't know that though.

Nathan is by all accounts similar to Canon!Harry, but their fates could be much different. Its really up to The Santi on how its going to play out.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2011
  12. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    He's going to be famous for finding a spell that allows him to escape the HP world into our reality, at which point he will kill all the retards in this thread.

13. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

From his point of view that probably means everyone in this thread. I know I would kill every person who is thinking that my life and every drama in it is some kind of show for their pleasure. ;)

14. Styx0444

Styx0444 Minister of Magic

Nah, that just makes us sadistic assholes. The retards in this thread might win, though.... They can't out think him, they can't out fight him, or out magic him. But they can definatly out stupid him. They've proven that, time and time again.

Now, in an attempt to return this thread to being relevant... Assuming things play out like canon, what will Harry's reaction to no one believing Nathan be? Would Nathan even deny it, if his brother ends up as one of the champions?

15. Jormungandr

Jormungandr Prisoner

I see it going either way, to be honest - Harry may be pissed that Nathan managed to get chosen, and not himself, or he could believe his brother because...well, Nathan isn't exactly the most ambitious bloke/sharpest knife in the draw around.

16. yak

yak Moderator DLP Supporter Retired Staff

of legilimency.

17. gullibleoats

gullibleoats Seventh Year

Wait, does it specifically have to be Nathan's blood Voldemort has to use? Because, Nathan and Harry's grandparents died for the both of them, and they're also related.

18. yak

yak Moderator DLP Supporter Retired Staff

There's no indication that there is any blood protection from parental/grandparental sacrifice in this fic. Unlike canon, Nathan never touched and burned Quirrelmort, so we didn't see any proof.

Voldemort's canon resurrection ritual required "blood of the enemy, forcibly taken". Voldemort's enemy is indicated by the prophecy as the one whom he marked as his equal, ie. Nathan.

Perhaps Nathan and Harry being twins grants some equivalency between their blood, but we've never seen any mention of that in this fic, nor in canon, that I can recall.

tl;dr: Voldemort would most likely have to use Nathan's blood for the resurrection ritual.

19. Boo

Boo Auror

Canon resurrection ritual called for blood of the enemy. Pettigrew wanted to just use any witch or wizard because they all were his enemy and avoid the dangers of kidnapping Harry. Voldemort wanted to use Harry to counter the blood protection.

20. vshl.prshd

vshl.prshd Squib

I think If canon events were to occur, that is, Fudge would deny the return of Lord Voldemort and subsequently slander the Potters and Dumbledore. The ministry would try to silence Nathan with Dementors and trial him for underage magic. Fudge would employ Umbridge at Hogwarts, who will take over and torture Nathan. Voldemort will reveal himself, and the ministry will try to make Nathan a poster boy ignoring their previous actions against him. The public would sway once again declaring Nathan their chosen one effectively making him a scapegoat while doing little on their own. The ministry would then fall in months and the the public would turn pro voldemort.

The inaction of magical Britain when his brother was tortured, his family slandered and Voldemort's rise will cause Harry to view the modern wizarding world as fickle, gillible and generally weak. Harry would realize that change is necessary for the wizarding world. He would then travel the world learning magic and return trying to enforce change. He will fail miserably. Harry is a genius and i believe him to be easily to most powerful and talented wizard in a few generations. But as seen from his small social circle and interactions with his Hogwarts peers, politics is not his forte.

He would think back to how quickly and easily Voldemort Conquered Magical Britain and decide that force is more effective than politics. This decision will begin his decent to darkness and eventual infamy.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2011
Not open for further replies.