1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Death Eaters Mafia #2

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by BioPlague, Aug 22, 2011.

1. Ayreon

Ayreon Unspeakable DLP Supporter

Hi, I just wanted to add to Taures point: The day starts at 4am for me, so it's hard to post immediately and be on top of the game.
    I'm probably going to be posting late morning to afternoon US time. Don't be afraid of a stalemate unless we're actually just a handful of hours away from nightfall.
    As Merrill, said: people who don't participate will be switched out anyway.

I was pretty sure about ratstsrub not being a death eater when everyone first jumped on the bandwagon, but I'm now becoming suspicious when it looks like he may actually avoid the lynch.

Taure seems to be the slightly more likely one. He acts suspicious, but then again he always acts like this. I wouldn't really expect something different no matter his role. Then again, why would you post first if you knew you were going to be in the spotlight? He could very well be the Dark Lord and wants to be investigated so that he's then cleared.

I'm pretty sure ratstsrub wouldn't have posted the way he did if he was the Dark Lord.
    So I'm leaning heavily towards Taure and investigating ratstsrub and not the other way around.
    That seems more likely to yield results, but I'll definitely switch to the bandwagon if it looks like we'll actually have a non-decisive vote.

One clarification maybe from Merrill: you wrote in the opening post, that a simple majority is enough at the end of the day; but now you're writing 13 votes are needed. That would be an absolute majority.
    Also; if at any point 13 votes are reached, is it immediately "locked in" or is it only important what the votes are at the end of the day?

@ Aekiel I don't think you have properly rescinded your vote before voting for Taure. Could be an oversight, or intentional clerical error? :p

So: leaning more towards Taure than rats, but will join majority if necessary. I'll vote in a few hours after I've seen more.

2. BioPlague

BioPlague The Senate DLP Supporter

50%+1 of remaining villagers. Simple majority is the wrong phrase if that's not what it means.

3. Hero of Stupidity

Hero of Stupidity Villain of Sensibility ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Interesting concepts, ideas and foolish wandwawing. I have almost decided to vote, but I shall wait for a few more posts, maybe something will come up, that changes everything.

BTW we should limit the ability to rescind votes, maybe once per day.

4. BioPlague

^still an issue. Bold your actions.

5. Hashasheen

Hashasheen Half-Blood Prince

Current Tally
    ratstsrub: 13
    Vira, mishie, CrackedMind, jwlk, KaiDASH, Vesvius, Kensington, Palindrome, Taure, Hashasheen, Lutris, Fiat Piscis, Krogan

Taure: 6
    Xiph0, Zeitgeist, Atomicwalrus, Aziraphale, Aeikel

Abstaining: 1
    ratststrub

Has Not Voted: 6
    Ashaya, Ayreon, Fenraellis, Hero of Stupidity ,MrINBN and Scrittore,

13 votes to receive the Dementor's Kiss

(Edited to reflect Fiat's and Krogan's new positions)

Last edited: Aug 23, 2011
  6. Fiat

Fiat The Chosen One DLP Supporter

Don't want to stall, even though rats is almost certainly innocent.

Rescind Vote.
    Vote Player: Ratstsrub.

Krogan/Ashaya/anyone who changed votes around the same time as me, you should probably change your vote back too. The last thing we want is a deadlock.

Someone's gotta burn. It's just a shame that it has to be an innocent.

@Taure: I didn't mean that it was suspicious when you stopped posting. I mean that it was the most suspicious thing said since the last time you posted. I get that it was pretty fucking late over there.

7. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Fine I just don't want a dead lock. The rat burns.

Rescind Vote

Vote Player:
    Ratstsrub.

8. Azira

Azira High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Completely illogical to vote for Rats when you say you are near-sure he is innocent. If you switch your votes to Taure we can just get him aswell, there won't be any stalemate. Oh well.

9. Krogan

High Score:
    To be honest I think he's either trying way too hard or a Death Eater, I'm leaning towards the former more and more but either way I plan to move on to Taure no matter what once he's dead. We don't have enough time left to try and get a majority on Taure in this phase and I'd rather take a shot on one person then not get anyone at all.

10. Hashasheen

We don't have enough time to get enough people to kill Taure. And we've got Aurors, Order Members, Healers, Serial Killers to deal with besides the Death-Eaters. So things should be more clear tomorrow when all of them do their part and send Merill the notes.

11. BioPlague

Day 1 has entered Twilight.

[​IMG]
    We reached consensus. The Dementor's Kiss was administered to Ratstsrub. He was a Wizard.

Twilight has started.

Twilight is the frame of time between a successful "lynching" (in this instance, the Dementor's Kiss) and the natural conclusion of the day. In twilight, you may still post and discuss anything that has happened, however you cannot vote to have anyone else receive the Dementor's Kiss.

Posting is permitted in this thread until 10:00PM EST on 23 August 2011.

Only the following (25) individuals have permission to participate in this thread:

Aekiel, Ashaya, Atomicwalrus, Ayreon, Aziraphale, CrackedMind, Fenraellis, Fiat Piscis, Hashasheen, Hero of Stupidity, jwlk, KaiDASH, Kensington, Krogan, Lutris, Merrill II (HOST), mishie, MrINBN, Palindrome, ratstrub, Scrittore, Taure, Vesvius, Vira, Xiph0 and Zeitgeist

Vote Tally (at work on iPhone):
    Ratstsrub 13
    Vira, Krogan, mishie, CrackedMind, Taure, jwlk, KaiDASH, Vesvius, Kensington, Palindrome, Hashasheen, Lutris and Fiat Piscis

Taure 5
    Xiph0, Zeitgeist, AtomicWalrus, Aziraphale and Aekiel

Abstaining 1
    Ratstsrub

Has Not Voted 6
    Ashaya, Ayreon, Fenraellis, Hero of Stupidity, MrINBN and Scrittore

Please stop with the bad tallies. Krogans vote was never rescinded and hence was always on ratstsrub. Bold your actions. I am not going to keep repeating this. It will just not be included. And do not go back and edit it to reflect bolding. New post and bold it.

Why this matters is big. Fiat Piscis was the deciding vote not Krogan. Fiat may have posted under the impression he was the twelfth vote, not the thirteenth. Do not post a tally. I will do that.

12. Ayreon

Ayreon Unspeakable DLP Supporter

So yeah, the obvious has come to pass.

I'm a bit suspicious now why many people were so eager to get someone 'locked in' when there were still 10 hours left on the clock.
    At least we can be pretty certain now that ratstsrub wasn't posting false or misleading strategies and should try to follow them.

I'm not sure if there's anything to gain by trying to get a new bandwagon going before the next morning, so I'll just wait and hope I survive the night.

13. Hashasheen

Indeed. We screwed the pooch on this one. :facepalm

14. CrackedMind

CrackedMind Minister of Magic

I fell asleep around 2 and just woke up. I was actually considering joining the Taure bandwagon, but whatever. We should take our time tomorrow and not immediately vote, because it got us nowhere.

15. Vesvius

Vesvius High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Honestly? I think this is probably the best outcome possible considering all factors.

If we hadn't lynched rats, he still had enough people suspicious of him (myself included) that voting would gave stalled out and not lynched anyone. If that had happened, he would have still registered as suspicious tomorrow and the same thing would have happened.

At least he was only a wizard, and not any of the other town friendly roles. Once the ball started rolling, this was probably the best it could've turned out.

Sorry for lynching you rats. But you were suspicious. And annoying ;P

16. MrINBN

MrINBN Unspeakable

Drat. I got here too late to vote. I would have abstained anyway, since this is the first day and we have no leads, but drat nonetheless.

17. Krogan

High Score:
    This is pretty much my sentiment, it sucks he really was innocent but arguing over him would have stalled things for a while.

18. Scrittore

Scrittore Groundskeeper

Well this is pretty unfortunate. I think Taure should be killed next if I happen to die.

Furthermore, if Taure is in fact a DE, take a look at who voted for Rats. They are immediately suspects, especially if they added their vote in after the voting for Taure started.

19. Hashasheen

But if anyone else dies, he should stay alive? Good to know you have the community's interest at heart.

How so? Not everyone lives in EST zone, so not all of us could be there on time to vote on Taure and Ratstsrub and the rest.

20. Scrittore

Scrittore Groundskeeper

What are you talking about in your first response? What do you mean if anyone dies?

Hashasheen, it's become quite clear that the DE jumped on the bandwagon at one point or another. The key at this point is figuring out which of those people are the DE. If Taure is a DE, then this only further confirms my theory.