1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Death Eaters Mafia #2

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by BioPlague, Aug 22, 2011.

1. Hashasheen

Hashasheen Half-Blood Prince

You said if you're killed, we should kill Taure. I was poking at that by saying if anyone else dies, we should let Taure live.

Yeah, but let's face it, everyone wants to kill Taure... Holy shit. I just realized something.

Everyone hates Taure.

Even the Death Eaters would know that.

2. Ayreon

Ayreon Unspeakable DLP Supporter

He just said his opinion now, because if he's killed, he can't post anymore.

On the voting thing, I'll say again: there were 10 hours still left. We were nowhere close to a deadlock or standstill. I'm willing to believe many were overeager to correct the mistake of the previous thread, but it's still a bit suspicious.
    Lynching an innocent was definitely a mistake and not a good decision. The only situation where that could be considered, is if you lynched no one and then 'wasted' a lynching because you killed the person a round or two later in the game.
    We were not close to that.

3. Scrittore

Scrittore Groundskeeper

It has nothing to do with hate. The fact you're White Knighting for him puts you on the immediate suspect list.

Yup. Exactly. If I happen to die, that doesn't mean it's because Taure did it. I'm simply pointing out my opinion now because once I die I am no longer able to say it.

4. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

QFT. This is actually what I was trying to say in my last post. Regardless of wether he was innocent, many people still wanted him dead. Now, after the night cycle we will have a lot more information.

5. Hashasheen

Focus on what I said. Auror's free to investigate me if he wants.

What if the Death Eaters are the ones who initially bandwagoned on Taure, to get him out because they knew people would want to see him dead and that was an easy mark, leaving their assassination for another target? Two kills/one night?

Edit: And okay, I get what you were trying to get at, and apologise for the snark. But again, focus on the above.

6. Fiat

Fiat The Chosen One DLP Supporter

I didn't want rats to become this game's ashaya, and enough people were suspicious that there was a definite chance of it happening.

Taure is likely a DE, or at least something and should be investigated. The taure bandwagon didn't look like it'd get enough votes - which is why I switched.

If the auror doesn't tell us to purge taure, we should hang HoS.

These are the sum of my thoughts at this point. I won't be able to be online for a while, so I'm just saying everything that I intend to say right now.

Rats, sorry about this. I hope this experience doesn't turn you off of dlp as a whole.

7. Hashasheen

Wait, why HoS? I mean, Taure's a given (if I'm having suspicions about that bandwagon on him), but why Stupidity?

8. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    The problem with that is plenty of people are going to want him to dead simply to stop the obnoxious role playing. Is it possible they bandwagoned on Taure for the purpose you described? Sure but its also just as likely that people bandwagoned him because he's suspicious and they genuinely want him dead.

9. Hashasheen

I hope you mean in game. :awesome

But no, I get what you mean. I'm just saying, Death Eaters could have realized that and attempted to take advantage of it. Death Eater or not, they can benefit from Taure's death.

I'm still voting to kill him tomorrow though, unless anyone can present a good case for another player. Once in a life-time oppurtunity, yo. :awesome

10. Fiat

Fiat The Chosen One DLP Supporter

Refer to everything zeitgeist has said thus far. If he's guilty, just purged a DE. If he's innocent, Zeitgeist is all-but-proven as one.

11. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Oh I agree its certainly a possibility, personally I thought it was just because he seemed suspicious but then when Ashaya admitted suspecting him my first thought was that there's a trick in here somewhere.

I am too because he genuinely seems suspicious, the fact that it means we don't have to see the role playing anymore is just a happy coincidence.

12. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

Well dang, I missed my package arriving early, and an innocent died too. Should have been home. Only one of those can be rectified(hopefully today, if I can get in contact with them). [Edit: Yay, I solved that issue.]

While I can't say I am surprised at the results in the slightest, I'm still a little disappointed that it occurred. Sorry about that Rats.

Also, I just noticed that the tags were cleared off. That kills my joke that people are so eager for investigating Taure because he would say "innocent" regardless, despite being a Dark Lord hiding in plain site by outright saying "Taure is the Dark Lord".:p I guess Merrill didn't want people being biased by the tags.

Well, all said, I hope the Good Guys pick up their game tonight.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2011
  13. Hashasheen

Hm...

Zeitgeist comes off as a DE a tad... This'll need another night of actual deliberations though.

Also, I'm envious of whoever's the Dark Wizard. Lucky bastard/bitch. :facepalm
    @rastrub: Sorry for the mistake, bro. Don't let this turn you off to DLP.

14. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

Shocking, it wasn't Rats. Who could've seen that one coming?

15. CrackedMind

CrackedMind Minister of Magic

No need to gloat Xipho, it is unbecoming of you. We must work together and make better decisions and not make chasms between ourselves and die.

16. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    As I said before, Taure was the most obvious choice. I'd have explained my reasoning more when I posted that if I hadn't been getting ready for work. Plus, any chance to get rid of that obnoxious roleplaying.

17. Hashasheen

John Stewart perhaps? He seems like a smart fellow.

18. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

At the risk of sounding like i'm defending Taure, I must say that this is the only reason I've seen to kill him. He hasn't really done anything, just post first and role played a little. I don't know what's so wrong about roleplaying, but until I see an actual reason I don't think I'd vote him :/

However the majority seem in favor of voting him. So we'll see what happens I guess.

19. Ayreon

Ayreon Unspeakable DLP Supporter

I think we should follow the strategy that ratstsrub laid out, I don't know a better one right now.
    He said to make it clear who the Auror should investigate each night. When the next day the Auror doesn't speak up, it means the target didn't show up as a Death Eater and we can concentrate on someone else. It is of course possible, that the target is the Dark Lord, but it's less likely than a randomly chosen person to be a Death Eater. It's also possible that the Sorcerer gets lucky and randomly manages to role-block the Auror, but that's also less likely than the alternative.

If the Auror finds someone, (s)he should probably out him/herself, then we'll kill one Death Eater for sure. (If we kill a Wizard then the Auror is a fake) After that the still anonymous Healer can keep the Auror alive. Every round after that we'll know for sure if someone is a Wizard(/Dark Lord) or Death Eater, because we'll have a public Auror.
    Chances are eventually the Healer gets picked off, but until that happens chances are good that enough people are identified to win the fight against the Death Eaters.

Now, enough people are suspecting Taure and calling for his head, that he should be the investigation target, like many people already said.

That said, it's possible that the Death Eaters will try to pick him off if he is innocent, so that we'll have wasted an investigation. Maybe it would be appropriate then to also have the Healer cover him?

I'm not yet used to all those different roles, so if I made some mistake and left a loophole, please speak up and correct this course of plans.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2011
  20. CrackedMind

CrackedMind Minister of Magic

I agree with Ayreon. Auror, do your thing and investigate Taure.

Also, am I the only one surprised that it's still technically day 1 and we're already on page 10?