1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Plot Bunny Thread V2

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Antivash, Apr 20, 2011.

Not open for further replies.
  1. Knyght

Knyght Alchemist

...I wish you hadn't said that.

2. Tasoli

Tasoli Minister of Magic

Actually there was a story like that if I am not mistaken.

I remember it. Harry for some reason send to Numegrad meets Grindewald they escape from prison together and Harry starts to plot to take down Voldemort there was even snippets wich suggested that Harry seduced the Cissy.

I don't remember the name thoug.

3. T3t

T3t Purple Beast of DLP ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Escape to Darkness by kmfrank.

4. Knyght

Knyght Alchemist

That's the one I was thinking of.

5. CrackedMind

CrackedMind Minister of Magic

Well, I have several ideas I'm working on, and wanted to know if I should continue them. The main one, the one I've been planning for years is my masterpiece. I see it as my Immortal Project, ironic since a while ago I briefly talked to Taure about it in IRC.

It starts with a small diversion, a butterfly just begginning to flap it's wings. Instead of Abraham Lincoln elected to a second term in office, Former General George B. McClellan is elected. Going on a Pro-Peace format against the Confederacy, He proposes a Peace Treaty against them, with the south accepting. President McClellan is soon assassinated by a terrorist group calling them selves the Sons of Turner, based off of the militant and Murderer Nat Turner. This sets the North into Anarchy. The South, seeing a chance to capitalize against their Northern Brothers, attack, leading into 3 decades of infighting.

Eventually In 1895, Texas is the last Confederate state to surrender, and the United States is whole once more. But they are weak from the years of fighting, and resentful and fearful of their opposites, the northerns hate the southerns, and vice-versa. Weakened, they do not enter into WW1, and thus their fate is sealed. They will never be the super-power they were meant to be.

WW1 progress and ends the same, with the allies victorious, but the League of Nations never happens. War crimes go unpunished.

WW2 happens, and it is much different than the one we know. Hitler is controled by Gridelwald, and without the support of the U.S, for a time victory seems assured. But mistakes soon begin to happen. Poland becomes under Russian control. Germany loses Paris. Fed up with the mistakes of his underling, Gridelwald takes control of Germany and gets rid of Hitler, making it seem like a suicide.

The war changes, especially with the knowledge of Magic. Riots spread throughout Europe, throughout the World.

Germany easily takes over Britain and the majority of its colonies, and fearful of Gridelwald and his armies filled with Wizards, several countries align to protect themselves.
    Spain and France, once hated enemies, aligned to form the Holy Alliance.

By 1981, the world is a much different place. Europe is split into two major factions vying for dominance.
    The Axis Powers
    The Allies

But they are split themselves. The USSR wants dominance over the others, and the "Holy Alliance" is quickly picking up traction and may brake off at any day.

The Axis is not much better, but held in line by the military strength Gridelwald has, and the many puppet goverments he controls.

This is the world Harry James Potter is born to, the world his father and mother were born to, but by the time he is done, the world will be not be the same.

On October 31, 1981, Vollstreckers (enforcers of Gridelwald's will and his elite forces) visited a small cottage in Renascentia, a small village formerly known as Godric's Hollow.

Only one survives.

Found by his godfather, he is taken and raised in America.
    Taught by Sirius, and raised in the Wild West of California, Harry becomes a Wand-Slinger, a cowboy of sorts.
    But he longs for more. He wants to avenge his parents, to set the world right.
    And so he travels back to his homeland and begins a revolution that threatens to change the world for the better, or have it end up in flames.

Thoughts?

6. ViolentRed

ViolentRed Professor

Wait, so when does your story actually start?

7. CrackedMind

In 1981, but thats the background. Its a complete AU.

8. T3t

T3t Purple Beast of DLP ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    It's not a bad idea, but you have to be really careful with Muggle/Wizard relations. Very difficult to pull off properly.

9. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

Reading this I couldn't figure out why bother with USA at all in the world building, but ending somehow explained it and I really like the idea of the Wand-Slingers. But this is just a set-up, something that will be deal with in a prologue, not the story in itself, so there is not much to tell about it aside that it seems interesting.

10. CrackedMind

I actually thought of the wand-slingers first, and I'm interested in eventually writing a one-shot about Harry: Wand-Slinger. He'd be the cowboy we always wanted to be as kids, and not the reality of being a cow-herder.

For the muggle relations, it'll be diverse.

Some will fear and hate them, while others will accept them. Theres a balance, as there is in the real world.

11. Thaumologist

Thaumologist Fifth Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    FINALLY! Wizard cowboys!

I'd love to read this. However, you won't be doing a mild AU. Everything will be different. You will have so much new stuff, it may seem like an original piece at times.

And what's going to be the main conflict? Harry vs Voldemort doesn't seem as likely to happen. Has Hogwarts been turned into a wizard!sandhurst?

IT could be magnificent, but the amount of work you'd have with the idea is staggering!

12. CrackedMind

The amount I've already done is staggering.

I'm about half way done with the Prologue, I just need to write about 5,000 more words.

And since people seem really interested with Harry: Wand Slinger, it'll be the subject of the last chapter in the U.S arc, so you'll have 10,000 words of badass goodness.

13. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Prestigious Tomato ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Harry Potter: Wand Slinger has potential all on its own.

We better see Malfoy hogtied and dragged along behind a horse at some point.

14. CrackedMind

Yes, when I first pictured Harry Potter: Wand Slinger, it was of someone being dragged behind a horse ala Troy. So you ask, so it shall be added.

Also, if anyone thinks of more ideas, post them here. It would be most helpful to me.

15. Stalin's Pipe Organs

Stalin's Pipe Organs Auror

How about a Crackfic about a Pedophile!Snape?

You know to mess with all the slash fangirls.

16. CrackedMind

Im fairly certain you posted something along those lines not to long ago here in PBV2.

Truthfully, I'll pass.

Oh, and if anyone cares, the story, dubbed Acton's Heir, will be posted hopefully within the week.

17. TheWiseTomato

High Score:
    WBA, yeah?

18. CrackedMind

Yep. I'll post a link here so you guys can rip it to shreds

19. TheWiseTomato

High Score:
    The monster in Harry's chest turns out to be more than just a metaphor. After his discovery of its true nature, Harry brings its power to bear against his foes. Watch as he wields the power of the mighty Kyuubi no Kitsune.

:awesome

20. Portus

Portus Heir

So I followed your Wikipedia link, and either I've never seen a picture of Rasputin before, or hadn't realized how much of a creeper he appeared to be.

All I can think of when I see this picture:

[​IMG]

- is Hobo!Viggo Mortenson, especially in his LotR or The Road days.

Not open for further replies.