1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Death Eaters Mafia #2

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by BioPlague, Aug 22, 2011.

1. Fiat

Fiat The Chosen One DLP Supporter

I typed up a response to it, but decided that the point was moot - how do you prove you're not a death eater? I'm not going to pull a Lutris and state my roll aloud, but I'm not one. At this point, I'm doubting that Zeit is either - the fucker seems to genuinely be dumb.

Mishie/Ken/HoS are among my top suspects, as is pretty much anyone below a certain number of characters/posts. My suspicion of HoS goes up and down in accordance to how likely I think it is that Zeit is actually guilty.

2. Zeitgeist

Zeitgeist High Inquisitor

Well, I'm trying to keep a lower profile in this thread, mainly because I'm realising that Fiat Piscis will accuse me at regular intervals. Why should I bother responding when his actions already speak for themselves?

Palindrome, I will confirm that Fiat Piscis and I are definitely not on the same page. At least, to the best of my recollection. Lynch me if you want, but you won't receive the result you want.

By the wand, I second Vira's proposal. Investigate Kens/mishie and lynch the other, perhaps. It's our best bet at the moment, aside from investigating either myself or Fiat Piscis.

EDIT:

Fiat Piscis, I don't appreciate the low jab. It's only two notches above a "your mother" joke. However, your current, relative silence has - ironically - made me suspect you less than before. Although you're still definitely on my suspect list, mishie and Kensington are both above.

mishie is particularly suspicious, since he was on the IRC when we were lynching Taure. Please, speak up. If you don't, we might have to lynch you, because that's the way bandwagons work. =/

Last edited: Aug 25, 2011
  3. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

They have been relatively non-vocal. That's their only explicit charge that I can tell.

Which, one has to admit, can be a valid charge.

4. CrackedMind

CrackedMind Minister of Magic

Stay silent and meerly watch the thread. When called out on being a DE, Ken immediately made a post against Taure. This could be to deflect attention.

Mishie just watches the thread and not post.

5. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Mishie is much too quiet, and Kens just seems off to me. Those might not be the best reasons, but it's what I think.

6. CrackedMind

I say kens first.

7. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Ehh while it does seem suspicious if we go by this reason alone then we have to add Ashaya and KaiDASH to the list as well. Frankly as frustrating as it would be I will laugh myself silly if she pulls a fast one on everyone yet again.

8. CrackedMind

Didn't you look Krogan? We have.

9. Vesvius

Vesvius High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Good idea. When I update the list, I'll add on reasons for why people suspect them.

Why I suspect mishie? I refer you to my last post:

That's a list of the people who're playing who've posted the least so far, or it was a few pages ago. Out of the list, I think mishie's post screams at me the most, though atomicwalrus is close behind. I actually didn't think he'd posted at all until I combed through the thread.

Kens is working his way up my list as well. Maybe it's just coincidence, but he comes out and casts the deciding vote and posts more almost right after I post the list in the first place. But as I said, that can all be chalked up to coincidence, so I'm not that suspicious of him yet.

I'm also a little wary of this Zeit vs FP debate that seems to be going on. Seems to me that a smart group of DEs would immediatly start fighting each other publicly. Sure, one would go down as a DE eventually. But that would make the other seem beyond reproach.

Those are the top suspects to me right now, at least. I'll do a new read through and a new list after I sleep.

10. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Look at what? How many times they've posted?

11. Fiat

Fiat The Chosen One DLP Supporter

I think we should investigate HoS, just to deal with that issue once and for all. People are suspicious of him - even if most of these people are Zeitgeist - and there are genuine reasons for it, as opposed to mishie, whose sole suspicious action thus far has been not writing much.

I'm not saying that this isn't one hell of a reason, but HoS is a much more suspicious individual at this point in time.

/Inb4 assignment of title "mishie supporter"

Last edited: Aug 25, 2011
  12. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

I barely even remember Mishie posting, but I don't think thats cause for investigation. There are plenty of people who have only posted once. Anyway, I'll come back in a few minutes to say who I think we should investigate, but before that...

Fen, what did you PM from Merrill say when you investigated Taure? I know you can't copy and paste the role pm, but can you please tell us how he responded to you? Thanks.

13. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

I kinda agree with fiat here. Posting frequency isn't a reliable tell at all for a DE. It's just really arbitrary and basically just a way of starting a bandwagon for someone with flimsy evidence, and we don't need to do that at this point.

We have a confirmed Auror and a hidden Hit-Wizard, so we can find out about the Sorcerer with some amount of accuracy (Assuming the Healer also targets the Auror). Hopefully the Hit-Wizard can make a good guess about the Sorcerer based on the posts by the two suspects.

14. CrackedMind

HoS? Aside from one comment, he really isn't that supicous. I say Kens first.

15. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Actually, I say we investigate Mishie first. He's so much of a blank state (how many times has he posted, once?) that we need to know if he's guilty or not.

We can investigate Kens and HoS after, if that's okay with you guys.

16. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

Also, it kinda sucks that you guys used up the whole day in a matter or 2 hours....

There could have been chances for other's to slip up and we had a whole 24 hour's to pressure and question other people, but now this day is used up.....

A lot of people didn't even get to post at all. Next time, even if you have a confirmed Death Eater, stretch the day out a little, see who (If anyone) tries to defend Taure. It seems the Death Eaters aren't too terribly bright this round, maybe someone would have tried to subtly defend Taure, and we could have used that.

Oh well. There's always next day.

---------- Post automerged at 09:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 PM ----------

I think there are 7 other players who have only posted once.... why Mishie?

17. Vesvius

The list of people who've posted once is now at 3.

Atomicwalrus (who just kinda slipped in there)
    mishie (who piped up once and didn't again)
    MrINBN (who posted once to say he was sorry he hadn't posted)

But Kens only started speaking up after the inital list was posted, plus he conveniently cast the deciding vote against Taure (I know I already said that, but since I'm repeating the one post thing I figured I'd recover it)

And KaiDASH just went a little bit up on my list, with his second post. He's probably just trying to keep a level head though, which is always appreciated. Plus he posted a viable strategy for the Hit Wizard to negate any advantage the Sorceror would have on the Auror, which pushes him back down to where he was on the list before he posted at all.

18. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

19. Vesvius

Awww. I didn't know that feature existed! I've been doing it the hard way!

/cries into a corner

20. Mishie

Mishie Fat Dog

I have to say though Vira, it's interesting that my post is so suspicious when all I did was agree to lynch ratscrub, which in hindsight may not have been our best idea, and to then say that I wanted to lynch Taure, who was acting suspicious and is a confirmed Death Eater.