1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Death Eaters Mafia #2

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by BioPlague, Aug 22, 2011.

1. BioPlague

BioPlague The Senate DLP Supporter

Explaining investigations conducted by someone who is an Auror:

The Dark Lord (anti-town) would show up as not guilty, as would villagers (pro-town).

The Dark Wizard (neutral) would show up as guilty, as would all Death Eaters/Sorcerer.

2. Atomicwalrus

Atomicwalrus Fourth Year

Sorry mate your right you didn't take back a vote, but you did promote lynching him even though you though he wasn't a Death Eater.

---------- Post automerged at 04:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:15 PM ----------

What about the other classes do they show up as not guilty or will it actually give the class.

3. BioPlague

BioPlague The Senate DLP Supporter

Classes are not revealed. Whoever the Auror is, they're conducting investigations from their perspective. A Dark Wizard or Death Eater is guilty to the Auror's motivation (pro-town). Only the Dark Lord can avoid this.

4. Fiat

Fiat The Chosen One DLP Supporter

I'm only attempting to agree with what others have been saying. Investigate me, investigate Zeit, investigate whoever the majority wants. I don't care: I'm innocent, as could be confirmed with an investigation.

I still support investigating HoS, however.

5. Ash

Ash Moves Like Jagger DLP Supporter

LOL. You guys killed Taure very quickly....and he was actually guilty! Yes! Anyway, I really have no idea who else it could be, though I am especially suspicious of Zeitgeist and Fiat Piscis.

We'll just have to see who is killed tonight, and what the investigation turns up. For the record, feel free to investigate me. It's a waste of an investigation, but I'm really just a normal witch. I haven't been posting much this time because it's not as fun when I don't know who is a DE like I did last time. I worry about killing the wrong person, like we did with rats.

We're doing pretty well, but we should be careful not to kill indiscriminately. Don't let these Death Eaters manipulate us. Obviously by the fact that Taure was a DE and is now dead, the Death Eaters were using him to throw suspicion off of the rest of them. It's what we were going to do last game with me, except I never died. LOL

6. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

The Dark Lady comes forth in revenge of her Toy Death Eater. Well, not really, but you never know... you never know...

Either way, I'm out for the night. I'll read when I return, discuss some more, and come up with some target to investigate.

7. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

Hey Merrill, if we as a town (Idk, majority or something) choose to have twilight shortened so we could get on with the game, would you be willing to make that exception?

8. Mishie

Mishie Fat Dog

Wait, you want to ask if we can have less time to plan? How exactly is that a good idea?

9. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

Well if it was still day we could actually pressure people into doing things. As it is though, we'll just be sitting here for a while. And I don't mean if I just say it, obviously other people have to be in favor of it.

IDK It was just an idea. Seem's like we won't be doing much for the next whatever 18 hours. Might as well speed up the game.

10. Ayreon

Ayreon Unspeakable DLP Supporter

Hmm, an interesting result, but we now have a good advantage until/unless the Healer gets killed off by chance.

So Fenraellis is the Auror, that means the Healer should protect him. Knowing that, it's unlikely that the Death Eaters will try to kill him, but I don't think we can afford to just bluff here.

It's likely that the Death Eaters will send their Sorcerer instead to confuse the Auror and thwart further investigations.
    Therefore the Hit-Wizard should watch him too. If there is just one person visiting him, he'll know it's the Healer and it's very useful to have that confirmed for him.
    If he observes more than one person visiting our Auror, then he has suspects, because from that list, one person is innocent and the rest is guilty.

Obviously he can't come out and tell us both names, because then the Death Eaters will know our Healer, but it may become obvious who is who.

So either way, whether someone tries to kill Fen or bewitch his senses, or they're not doing anything to him it would be useful to have both the Healer and Hit-Wizard on him.

The Death Eaters are in dire straits now - if they ignore Fens he'll clear/condemn a person every day - if they try to block his role, the Sorcerer will be a suspect.
    Their only chance now is to hope the Hit-Wizard confuses Healer and Sorcerer so that they can kill the Healer.

I'm not sure yet who should be the next investigation target, I'll check in later.

11. Hashasheen

Hashasheen Half-Blood Prince

Fucking sleeping habits... :facepalm

So you guys got Taure without me? At least that's one Death Eater down. Though I might have preferred killing the Dark Wizard. Lucky son of a bitch... :facepalm

Anyway, right now I've got my eye on Fiat, Zeit, Mishie, Krogan and Kensignton. I don't trust any one of you, and I'm positive at least one of you is a DE.

12. Fiat

I say we actually vote on who to investigate, so that the majority are satisfied.

Or, you know, Fen could do whatever he wants. That works too.

13. Hashasheen

That does however run the risk of revealing who is who to the Death Eaters. You feel like losing our Healer? Or our Hit-Wizard? Because if we lose either one of them, we're fucked. Fen would get killed after either one of them would get killed, and they wouldn't have to care, because we'd only know one of them, and since there's one Sorcerer, Two Death Eaters and one Dark Lord left, that just leaves us gaping open to get whittled down.

14. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    If you suspect me as a Death Eater please feel more than free to investigate me, it would be a waste of an investigation but it drops me out of the suspect pool then I'm fine with that.

15. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Auror, if it's not too much to ask, can you investigate Mishie first? We're going to be here for days if you investigate all the people asking to be investigated to prove their innocence. We should stick to suspisious people only.

16. Ayreon

How would that help the Death Eaters? They know each other anyway and an investigation only reveals if someone is innocent or guilty.
    I don't see a way that they could find out who's the Healer that way.

The one problem I see, is that everyone who is cleared becomes the next target to be killed at night, because DE and DW want the suspect pool to always be as big as possible.
    So it's probably best to not be so desperate to be investigated.
    Don't lobby to be investigated yourself if you're a wizard - that's just a waste at this point - we want to find Death Eaters and the Dark Wizard.

17. Fiat

How, exactly does voting on who to investigate run the risk of exposing our people?

18. Hashasheen

Sorry, thought Fiat meant that their role would be revealed by the Auror. But like you said, revealing that they're clean isn't helping them in the long-run. As long as the Death Eater's don't know who's being watched/protected at any given point, we have a better chance of lynching them.

Overall, I think we all need to be calm and collected when making our decisions on who to lynch, and look at those trying to bandwagon with wariness. Bandwagoning was what got Ratstrub killed, and that was partially my fault. Let's try to think everything through, yeah?

Last edited: Aug 25, 2011
  19. Ayreon

So it might be best that now that the Auror is public, we just give Fenraellis ideas on who to investigate and he decides on his own. No more official investigation target.
    That way he only comes forward if he finds someone who is guilty or when we are about to lynch someone who has come up innocent on a check.
    We wouldn't needlessly endanger someone that way.

I think the most likely thing to happen, is that the Sorcerer will keep Fenraellis from investigating other people. If we have the Hit-Wizard watching him, then he'll most likely have 2 names, one of whom is the healer. (We can't really risk it not to protect him.)

What next? A 50-50 chance isn't all that good if we could lose the Healer in the process.

---------- Post automerged at 19:17 ---------- Previous post was at 19:07 ----------

Thinking things through, they can't afford to not send the Sorcerer immediately, because then the Hit-Wizard would have identified the Healer and could distinguish the two after that.

Unless they hope to hit the Healer just by blind chance at night before too many people are exposed as Death Eaters.

20. Hashasheen

Something is wrong with this statement. I'm not sure what, but I know there's something in here conflicting with the state of things as they are now.