1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Death Eaters Mafia #2

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by BioPlague, Aug 22, 2011.

1. Alindrome

Alindrome A bigger, darker mark DLP Supporter Retired Staff

That's just it, though. They know that we'd try to avoid lynching people who it looks like blame is being put onto - so they could just as easily use that to try and ease suspicion on that person.

2. Fiat

Fiat The Chosen One DLP Supporter

And they know that you know that.

This could go back and forth all day.

3. Hashasheen

Hashasheen Half-Blood Prince

So perhaps we should focus on an unknown?

4. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

I know that you know that I know that blah blah blah.

Do you know what the witches know? No? Then I'll share.

Nobody guilty is getting lynched today because you're all too busy running around in circles

5. Hashasheen

Well what do you suggest then? We're running around in circles because no one sticks out sufficiently for a mass-movement to lynch, and every time we've done a mass-movement to lynch without any evidence, we've fucked up and killed innocent people (minus Hero of Stupidity I guess).

6. KaiDASH

Note: In my last post I meant DE, not witches. Witches are just the name of the mafia faction in the game I want to run =\

Anyway, hitting the tallest poppy is stupid - Do you know who else is going to stick out a little bit? The hit-wizard. Do you want him to have to declare just so you don't kill him (and then he'll just die that night anyway, so it doesn't achieve much, long term).
    Do you know who is going to try really hard to seem inconspicuous? Death Eaters.

Do you know what that means? It means that sometimes we'll have to take a risk on a 'low-profile' player. But I think that's ok so long as people are posting with proper reasoning and not just 'hey billy totally seems like a DE, lets lynch him'.

---------- Post automerged at 09:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 AM ----------

Two hours until nightfall, looks like the result will be no lynch.

Well played Death Eaters, I guess. Even though a lynch on an innocent is better for you, when the main target (Aekiel) is a DE no-lynch is still a pretty great result.

7. BioPlague

BioPlague The Senate DLP Supporter

There's several hours until nightfall. Remember I was late yesterday :). Thread is open until 01:00AM EST (5 hours from now).

8. KaiDASH

I guess all is not lost then =p

Thanks for the reminder!

9. Kensington

Kensington Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Oh ffs.

This is kind of annoying - because I really should have placed a vote this morning to highlight my suspicions of Scrittore. Or Atomicwalrus.

Anyways, I'll jump on the bandwagon this turn.

Vote Player: Aziraphale

10. KaiDASH

I think jumping on a poorly reasoned bandwagon like Aziraphale's is definitely a mistake.

11. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Personally the reason I voted for Azriphale is pretty simple. Mishie was innocent plain and simple as stated by the Auror. There was absolutely zero reason not to trust Fen or vote for mishie at that point but both Zeitgeist and Az did it anyways. Now my very first inclination before the revelation that Zeit really was innocent was that he was a Death Eater but now that I look back at it it seems much more clear to me that he wasn't, Azriphale however immediately hopped on that bandwagon and rode it clear across the west. There was no hesitation or second guessing, he just did his level best to fan the flames that mishie was a Death Eater and got an innocent man lynched. So the way I see this personally either Azriphale is hyper paranoid and not worth keeping around or a Death Eater and worthy of a lynching. No matter what happens we win when he dies.

12. Fiat

I'm starting to think that Aziraphale just goes along with whatever other people suggest. There's plenty of precedent for it. I doubt he's guilty right now: he's just either dumb or new at this. Possibly both. Kai's managed to convince me.

Rescind Vote
    Vote Player: Aekiel.

13. Hashasheen

... I'm sold. Those are a lot of good points.

Rescind Vote
    Vote Player: Azriphale

14. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

Well... it's a reasonably stated argument, with some backing evidence, as well as past behaviors influencing the decision. I sincerely hope he is guilty. I apologize if you are indeed innocent, or worse, a Power Role, Aziraphale.

As an interesting thought, eight of the currently remaining fifteen people are Power Roles.

15. Vesvius

Vesvius High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Hm. This seems as plausible to me as anything else posted right now.

If he's not guilty, I've got my own ideas that I'll talk about on the next day. If he is guilty, then woot.

16. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    If he isn't guilty then I freely admit that I'm fresh out of ideas. At this point I am simply going with what my gut tells me. He has hopped on too many bandwagons at this point to be trust worthy.

17. Fiat

Fine. I hate to back out, especially now that I'm only slightly convinced that he's anything other than a bandwagoning retard, I'm not going to prevent a lynch with my vote.

Rescind Vote

18. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

Well, one more to go, cross your fingers, eh?

Oh, and, I saw you there Atomicwalrus...

Last edited: Sep 1, 2011
  19. Atomicwalrus

Atomicwalrus Fourth Year

And I see you

Well since we only need one more I'll vote to get it over and done with, I just hope were right since were getting down to the pointy end of the game and we will be starting to knock off power roles soon.

Also wow that's bad reasoning you could use the exact same reasoning to have us as order members or that we actually had the sense to vote for the obviously guilty Taure.

20. BioPlague

BioPlague The Senate DLP Supporter

Day 5 has entered Twilight.

[​IMG]
    We reached consensus. The Dementor's Kiss was administered to Aziraphale. He was the Healer.

Twilight has started.

Twilight is the frame of time between a successful "lynching" (in this instance, the Dementor's Kiss) and the natural conclusion of the day. In twilight, you may still post and discuss anything that has happened, however you cannot vote to have anyone else receive the Dementor's Kiss.

Posting is permitted in this thread until 01:00AM EST on 1 September 2011.

Only the following fifteen (15) individuals have permission to participate in this thread:

Aekiel, Ashaya, Atomicwalrus, Ayreon, Aziraphale, CrackedMind, Fenraellis, Fiat Piscis, Hashasheen, Hero of Stupidity, jwlk, KaiDASH, Kensington, Krogan, Lutris, Merrill II (HOST), mishie, MrINBN, Palindrome, ratstrub, Scrittore, Taure, Vesvius, Vira, Xiph0 and Zeitgeist

Aziraphale: 8
    Palindrome, Krogan, Kensington, Hashasheen, Fenraellis, Fiat, Vesvius and Atomicwalrus

Fiat: 2
    Aziraphale and Aekiel

Hashasheen: 1
    Ashaya

Aekiel: 1
    KaiDASH

Did Not Vote: 3
    Ayreon, MrINBN and Scrittore

Last edited: Sep 1, 2011