1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

STAR WARS (A Death Eaters/Mafia Variant) :: Concluded [Rebels Win]

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Zeitgeist, Aug 30, 2011.

1. SmileOfTheKill

SmileOfTheKill Magical Amber

What the hell is this? Stop it, stop it now. Oh wait, you have to stop it now bloody scum, you wasted the two attempts you have to cover up things.

Also, the likelihood of both Matt and Lungs being important are quite low, so I am thinking the cover up was just to confuse us.

2. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I agree with Smileofthekill, this is most likely being used to spread confusion. It’s too early in the game for them to be able to figure out if people have roles or not. Not to mention that they can’t cleanup anymore and that could have been much more useful at a later stage in the game.

Since we don’t know Matt’s role, we don’t have much information to go by. Last day’s lynching of Gareken didn’t go too well and even though some people suggest we wait until we have more info, I think it’d be better if we lynch. We can’t just rely on the people with night roles.

3. Lutris

Lutris Jarl Dovahkiin DLP Supporter

I would like to believe this. The statement's probably accurate, but you know what they say about all our hopes and dreams and shitting all over them.

The absolute worst case scenario at the moment is the loss of our Probe and nearly any other power role barring the Stormtroopers; those guys don't have Night roles.

Considering that both Lungs and Matt have been scrubbed out, we can't know for sure that someone is telling the truth when they reveal themselves as the Probe. On top of this, if someone else comes forward after this reveal and claim to be the 'true' Probe, we CAN'T know either way.

Fuck this shit.

EDIT: Ninja'd by Vira. Also, Vira's aggressive stance on random lynching is disturbing to me; who else other than a terrorist would advocate the random killing of Citizens?

/The Pretentious RP Strikes Back

4. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I'm not for random killing. Obviously, that hasn't been working, in this game and in the previous. Logic and reason is a must when lynching. It's early in-game and it's hard to pin down Rebels, which is why Klael and Gareken kicked the bucket.

Doing nothing won't help us, though. We need to get evidence and then lynch someone. You may not agree, but that's the easiest way to win, in my opinion.

5. hgf

hgf Fourth Year

If we don't take into account the two cleaned up kills we have 8 civilians, 9 power roles and 6 rebels. It's somewhat likely that either Lungs or Matt had a role. If we take into account the two people rebels killed, the ratio of empire to rebels is 15:6. If we lynch today we have a 40% chance of nailing a rebel. I think the scariest part is that rebels have a chance of over 50% to kill someone with a power role every night.

The rebels' tactic was most likely to confuse us and I think they succeeded. I've advocated lynching previously but even I'm not sure anymore. If we start to lynch someone and they say they are the probe, there's a chance that one of the rebels will claim to be the probe as well and then we have a 50/50 chance of accidentally lynching the probe which is really bad.

TL;DR I have no idea what to do.

6. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

Ok, let's play 'see who fucks up the following questions the most then lynch them'. Also, if you do get seen as scummy, don't take it personally or get super butthurt. That just makes you seem more scummy, not less. :

1. What is your opinion on Rebels using their senator powers to Hide the potential roles of Lungs and MattSilver? Do you think they actually had roles?

2. Who are the people you think are most scummy (at least 2 people)? Add some reasoning as to why you think that.

3. Who seems the most pro town to you?

--

My answers:

1. Rebels are dimwits who used some of their most potent powers so early in the game. I don't think Lungs or MattSilver had roles.

2. I think Jeram is very scummy, he accused myself as being bloodthirsty when I am anything but. How can someone who kisses babies be bloodthirsty, I ask of you. Also, Dark Minion sets off my scumdar as he recommended killing people based solely on their name. Arbitrary killing is the calling card of Rebels everywhere.

3. I think Zeitgeist is the most pro town. He is clearly doing some bastard modding behind the scenes. (joke, if you can't tell).

In all seriousness, I think Lutris is pro-town. Or at least is putting up a good facade of a pro-town player. Not supporting arbitrary or random lynches and things like that.

7. hgf

hgf Fourth Year

1. Confusing but if we stay calm I think we'll be okay. The chance of either of them being the probe is pretty low and the probe is probably the only truly important pro-town role, seeing as there is a back-up healer.

2. Oliver has been nearly lynched twice already and both times Atomic Lightning Bug has come to his rescue accusing someone else and removing attention from Oliver. The first time I took the bait hook, line and sinker. So, I think Oliver and ALB are the most scummy.

3. I agree with KaiDASH here, Lutris does seem the most pro-town to me.

I'll probably have to abstain from voting today 'cause I only have an hour left before I have to leave to my parents house.

8. Dark Minion

Dark Minion Bright Henchman DLP Supporter Retired Staff

hgf made a real good point here.

The second time Atomic might have defended Oliver because he knew Oliver is innocent - but the first time he certainly didn't know it - as it was right on the first day.

I suggest we kill Oliver. If Oliver indeed is innocent, then we know Atomic probably is as well. If Oliver is a Rebel or associated, then we know for sure Atomic is as well.

Vote Player: Oliver of Kingston

9. calutron

calutron Unspeakable

Well, Looking at the posts so far we seem to have a core group of posters that are actively participating.

As they say

"We should be concerned about the people who haven't said anything, not the one's who run their mouth"

So that's one idea. Everyone needs to participate in the game, it's more fun and interesting that way.

10. KaiDASH

Well that's something to keep in mind too.

Anybody who doesn't post the answers to my questions I think is automatically rather scummy (avoiding questions that are designed to allow people to get better reads on them) or completely useless (not actively taking part in discussion, so they aren't any importance to the game whether they are pro town or scum).
    Either way, anybody at this time tomorrow who hasn't replied in some way to my questions should definitely be looked at.

11. Dark Minion

hgf, I ask you to place your vote on Oliver now instead of abstaining.

If we should move the bandwaggon on someone else your vote wouldn't matter and wouldn't hurt anyone.

12. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    I disagree with this. I think that lynching two innocents so far has proven that during the first few days we should not lynch unless we are positive for someone. Cutting down on civilians just to say we did something is very counter-productive.
    Now, if, during the first few rounds at least, we relied on night roles and rebels to slip up, we could potentially have a more accurate guess and kill less innocents. We don't have to make the rebels' work easier for them.

What's up with Minion? Every post of his is either an accusation, or a vote. I'd say he's suspicious, or just bloodthirsty. I don't have a problem with lynching Oliver, since we've very nearly lynched him before, but dude. You're not doing yourself any favors in my list.

Lutris seems very vocal in his defense of the town, which could mean whatever.

I'd say we hit the lurkers, and we hit them hard.

13. calutron

calutron Unspeakable

Kai, first of all thanks for supporting my point. Then moving on while your questions at the outset seem to want everyone to divulge their opinions on various matters, they appear to be a little simplistic or naive.

This is DLP. Assume nothing. period.

This one is a poorly worded question, I think. You are challenging the rest of the people, to name 2 names that they think are the worst people on the forum and then essence threaten them if they don't.

1. I don't like that
    2. There are whole lot of things going on in the background that might we may not be aware of, saying something might cause someone else to understand what they are doing.
    3. While I asked people to participate, it was to get people to participate nothing else.

EVERYONE EXCEPT THE REBELS.

You can't force other people to conform to you standards, you are not our Beloved Emperor.

14. Klackerz

Klackerz Bridgeburner

1. I think that the Rebels are pretty stupid using their powers this early on.

2. Riley Poole seems suspicious to me because of his random voting of Republic21 in the previous day and also Atomic Lightning bug as he directly started the bandwagon in both the day's while saving Oliver in the process.

3. Lutris seem's pretty pro-town to me. KaiDASH also seemed pretty pro-town when I looked through his post's mainly his not voting on Garaken which might have lead to a mislynch.

15. KaiDASH

So calutron, you:

1. Don't have an opinion on what the rebels have been doing
    2. Don't want to share your opinion on who the rebels might be
    3. Don't want people to understand what is going on in the background (ie: understand that rebels are running around as they desire and who the rebels may be)
    and 4. Don't want to share your opinion on who isn't a rebel.

Ok, I feel I have to ask why we are keeping you around.

Clearly you don't want to allow pro-town players to get better reads on scum, which is the main point of this exercise.

16. Dark Minion

The worst we could do is to spend a day without any lynching.

To me the most suspicious people are those defending other people - because thus they demonstrate they are associated. No proper criminal citizen would do that.

And Atomic defended Oliver right from the start. Thus hgf is right to point at both.

17. hgf

hgf Fourth Year

I think his point was that he wanted people to participate so we could see who the rebels are from what they say rather than from what other people say and that we shouldn't tell the rebels what they are doing wrong. At least that's what I got from it. I just don't really see the harm in trying to put pressure on some people who might end up making mistakes.

Anyway, as I'll be leaving soon I suppose I'll put my vote in:
    Vote Player: Oliver of Kingston

I'll still be here for something like 30 minutes.

18. KaiDASH

Somebody who gets it!

yay, and stuff

19. calutron

calutron Unspeakable

If you want me to play the blame game then whatever, I'll do the dance.

1. Already answered.

2. Scummy people, I have only one suspicion, OllieK, but that's just it we already killed 2 people, and they were both civilians and I don't want to make another mistake.

3. Most pro-town: probably have to be Lutris

20. Dark Minion

Ok - if we kill Oliver now and he is a Rebel then we almost certainly know that Atomic and Calutron are Rebels as well.