1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Pottermore Discussion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Another Empty Frame, Jun 16, 2011.

1. yak

yak Moderator DLP Supporter Retired Staff

I had that question for my wand selection at Ollivanders. I took the hill with the castle on it.

2. Anarchy

Anarchy Half-Blood Prince DLP Supporter

I have a few extra accounts, so I'm going to record some videos of the various questions and stuff and post them on youtube. I'm sure people have done that weeks ago, but I'm bored.

3. Warlocke

Warlocke Fourth Champion

I don't remember all the questions (in fact, because of the way I had scrolled my screen, I didn't even notice the first two questions, just the choices), but I did write down all of my answers.

1. First question had potion bottles, I chose Wisdom.
    2. Second answer was Home.
    3. Third asked about what is hardest for you to deal with or something, and none of the answers jumped out at me, so I just chose Hunger for the sake of answering.
    4. What kind of magic do I most want to learn... or something. I chose Every kind of magic.
    5. Someone's coming, wat do? :awesome Stay in the shadows and Wait for a plan to present itself, basically.
    6. Forest or River were the choices. I chose Forest.
    7. Which direction do you go, left/right? Right.
    The first and fourth (and, likely, fifth) questions probably weighed heavily toward Ravenclaw. Funny thing, though: If the site really were a Sorting Hat that could read my thoughts, it would have known my motivations for those answers were more suited to Slytherin.

Choosing the Wisdom over Power was predicated on the notion that I could use wisdom to attain power (h4x!), but you show me a powerful person without wisdom, and I'll show you the corpse of someone who was recently in a position of power. :fire

Hence, Ravenclaw.

Might want to obscure the usernames on those. But you probably knew that...

4. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Nothing systematic. I just knew that when Ashaya selected dusk she got Ravenclaw. Doesn't necessarily mean that Dusk is associated with Ravenclaw. For all I know, Dusk might mean Gryffindor and my other answers outweighed it. But nevertheless, that's why I picked it.

5. Atomicwalrus

Atomicwalrus Fourth Year

I answered dawn and got Ravenclaw

6. The Berkeley Hunt

The Berkeley Hunt Headmaster

The only question I answered wrong was the bottles - I chose Power to get into Slytherin, when if I really had the choice I'd have gone with Love. But seriously, fuck Hufflepuff. The hardest one to answer was the 'what are you most afraid of', a toss up between fire and darkness. I chose fire, which was pretty crucial I think.

7. Snarf

Snarf Squanchin' Party Bro! ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    So I'm super retarded. I can't get passed the Chapter 5 scene in Gringott's Bank because they apparently don't want to spoil the experience for me. How do I get to my sorting, my wand, my spells??

It's infuriating, especially seeing others having been sorted within the last few days when I had assumed they'd locked it because of spoiler release.

Help?

8. yak

To pass Diagon Alley you need to pick up the Shopping List object. Go to the alley and zoom all the way in. It's on the ground in the far distance. You also need to get money from Gringotts. Do you see the key hole? The key is about 1 inch above it. Drag the key to the keyhole.

9. Little Knee

Little Knee Seventh Year

@Snarf: What do you mean you can't get passed Gringotts scene? Have you opened your Gringotts account (by dragging the vault key to keyhole)? If you have, you should've been able to proceed to the next scene: shopping in Diagon Alley.

EDIT: Ninja'd

10. Skeletaure

High Score:
    It might be a problem with your browser. I can't use Pottermore on my laptop, which is old and rubbish. Try a different browser if you can.

11. Blazzano

Blazzano Unspeakable

Personally I'm quite annoyed that Opera doesn't work right with Pottermore. I have an ancient, slow computer, and Opera is the speediest on it.

12. Snarf

Snarf Squanchin' Party Bro! ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Whenever I tried to zoom in on the Diagon Alley scene, it would immediately move to the Gringott's Scene where it would stop me from continuing. Tried it on a different browser and it worked. Now I feel less retarded.

Thank you all. :D

Yew with Unicorn Hair, Fourteen and a Half Inches, Surprisingly Swishy

Last edited: Sep 10, 2011
  13. wordhammer

wordhammer Dark Lord DLP Supporter

I am so prompting a spate of silly innuendo, but doesn't it seem like the wands being issued are a little... longer, than in canon?

Riddle's was 13, Harry's was 11, I think Krum's was 10 1/2 and one of the first ones Harry tried was only seven inches. Hagrid's was distinctive for being 16 inches of oak.

(If you doubt me, feel free to download PDF's of the books from links found here)

Last edited: Sep 10, 2011
  14. Anarchy

Anarchy Half-Blood Prince DLP Supporter

Well, you know what they say: It's not the size that counts, it's how you use it.

And we all know they are full of shit.

15. yak

I assume this is some kind of joke. Where do the links take you? No way in hell am I clicking strange pdf links. They're notorious for infecting your computer with zero day exploits.

16. wordhammer

wordhammer Dark Lord DLP Supporter

No, I don't do bait and switch crap (outside of my writing). The site's a tumblr of a Pottermore fan. The links point to downloadable PDF's of the books hosted at a Canadian site. I've dl'd two of them and my one complaint on the files is limited formatting compared to other PDF's I've seen.

17. Skeletaure

High Score:
    Most seem to be between 10 and 14 inches, which seems in line with the books.

18. Mordecai

Mordecai Drunken Scotsman –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'm 10 3/4 inches. And Ollivander does provide information about the reasons for the length of a wand and how it can be translated. Think of it not as the wands all be longer than normal, but DLP having a larger than normal number of people who need a larger wand...

19. Hero of Stupidity

Hero of Stupidity Villain of Sensibility ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    PatronusQuaffle42 Griffinduff Holly and dragonheartstring. FRIEND ME.

20. Kensington

Kensington Denarii Host DLP Supporter

QuillSpell109
    Ravenclaw
    Redwood and Dragon Core

This will be interesting.

Ash