1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Harry Potter and the Boy Who Lived by The Santi - M

Discussion in 'General Fics' started by ulkser, Sep 11, 2009.

Not open for further replies.
  1. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

Oh syed, how I have missed you.

2. Lungs

Lungs KT Loser ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    ... D8

/10char

3. 4arms

4arms Second Year

Have anyone of you considered the fact that Potters might try to bring Harry back to Hogwart's for his safety?

Being near a deatheater is one thing but being in a world with Riddle at large is another

In context of Muggles and muggleborns, one should not forget that Harry belives that out of the golden Trio only Granger is the sensible and logical one....

So The idea of him turning against them will neet a 1080 degree twist

4. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

I dunno. Grindlewald seems to have had some kind of connection to Durmstrang, given the symbols he enchanted around the place and the protections he placed to keep anyone from removing his room. It wouldn't surprise me if Harry found something there in the next year or two that belonged to Gellert.

I won't be disappointed or anything if he doesn't, but I feel like the possible set-up for it is there. I wouldn't expect what he might find to be anything extensive/exhaustive, but surely Grindlewald didn't take every little knickknack with him when he left for the last time. Especially if he was in the midst of a war and under attack.

Apart from pointing out that it's a possibility and something fun to think about though, there isn't much point in belaboring the idea. Like most of the things in this thread. That we belabor anyway.

This thread really puts the Fan in Fanatic.

Edit: @4arms -- I'm pretty sure there was an interlude where James and Lily considered that Harry is probably safer from the war at Durmstrang, so unless that changes then I don't think they'll bring him back to Hogwarts for his safety. Fewer people know where Durmstrang is and Voldemort apparently stayed mostly in England (he hadn't made too many moves into Europe before his defeat) so it makes a strange kind of sense.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2011
    Nae
  5. elflorddobby

elflorddobby Second Year

Dumbshit, really is that the best you can come up with

6. 4arms

4arms Second Year

@Elflord: They felt he was safe in Drumstrang because Peter didn't know its location...nor does Riddle in that matter but his coming back would make Harry a bigger target.I am sure they will try (if not succeed) to bring him back to Hogwarts!

About Harry and Grindewald...It might be a possibility that the ex Dark Lord might have left a clue or two about the Hallows!?

7. VelleEstPosse

VelleEstPosse Muggle

Yes, because being right beside Nathan (Voldemort's No. 1 target) in the school Voldemort has graduated from and has managed to infiltrate more than three times would be so much safer than being in a school with unknown location and unmatched wards, where the teachers swear oaths that had managed to hold at bay political feuds for many generations and the headmaster, the only prominent person there Voldemort has a reason to want dead, has fled.

Why would he leave clues? :facepalm
    If anything, he has probably destroyed any clues he himself has managed to find. There might be some signs of his obsession left (other than, you know, the giant mark engraved in the wall), but I think that - if the story goes down that road - Harry would have to connect them himself. GG wanted to be the Master of Death, why would he pave the way for someone to come looking for the hallows? If he got off on competition... he already had Dumbledore for that.

8. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    We've all been trying to ignore the Trio that is 4arms and Elf and False Morality.

Thanks for giving them attention.

9. elflorddobby

elflorddobby Second Year

Oh damn, is it my name?

On another note, I just read the summary on FF.net and wondered to myself, how infamous is Harry going to be exactly?. Will he be as infamous as Grindewald or Voldemort. Or will he be even more infamous, maybe even less, but still up there with the Greats of the Dark arts practitioners.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2011
  10. Gulliver

Gulliver Second Year

...the posts...they hurt my eyes.

11. Pirazy

Pirazy Groundskeeper

[​IMG]

Rock and roll!

12. Raiko

Raiko Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

Figuratively and literally.

13. The Santi

The Santi Professor

I figured I'd do something productive today before I started drinking heavily to celebrate my birthday. At some point I just said fuck being productive, I'll work on fanfiction.

Updated in WbA.

14. Lungs

Lungs KT Loser ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    That was pretty productive.

As usual, it was fantastic.

There was something about Harry referencing Dumbledore as his grandfather during the prose and not the dialogue that irked me the second time, but I can't place a finger on what exactly it was.

15. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

Does your avatar mean that the next update will be in less than 24 hours? Or even better, posting one scene every few hours showing what Harry is doing to beat the Age Line till the moment when the Champions are chosen. A real time fanfiction. I don't think anyone tried that before. :)

EDIT: And Happy Birthday, Santi.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2011
  16. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    An interesting twist on the Goblet, such that it selects a person based not on the attributes they possess in general, but rather the attributes they display in the 24 hour selection period.

Not sure what I think of that lol. The canon functioning of the Goblet is a linchpin in one of my magical theory arguments so I've grown rather fond of it. But it works for this story. Will be very interesting to see if Harry gets in or not. Right now I'm leaning towards him failing, but Viktor having anticipated his desire to be entered and having done it without asking Harry.

17. Jormungandr

Jormungandr Prisoner

I especially like the character development with Harry, here.

Also, I have the most strangest urge to hunt down, castrate, and then strangle several people in this thread, to stop them from contaminating the internet anymore.
    (When you're trying to stop the friggin' internet from being contaminated, you know that it's bad!)

I thought people were supposed to give you gifts, Santi? Not the other way around? :)

18. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

Hey, you guys remember when people were saying nobody would post in this thread if the story/discussion were separated?

Just FYI, I'm laughing at you cunts right now. :awesome

19. The Santi

The Santi Professor

Haha. No.

It's because I'm 24 today.

I'm just clever like that. :nyan:

@Taure: Eh, that's assuming Dumbledore is telling the truth or knows for certain how the goblet selects its champion. He rather bluntly stated that he didn't want Harry to compete in the tournament. What he told Harry could be his theory on how the goblet works, it doesn't mean he's correct.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2011
  20. KrzaQ

KrzaQ Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Admit it, you just couldn't stand this thread not being bumped every 3-4 hours so you updated.

Not open for further replies.