1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

STAR WARS II (A Death Eaters/Mafia Variant) :: Concluded [Republic Win]

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Vesvius, Oct 4, 2011.

1. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

Zeitgeist. Just because you only post random TL;DR's and lack a strategy doesn't mean other people should. Of course I have a strategy. I posted it -- it's called, get as many reactions as possible. This includes tactical voting. And if you can claim you were busy yesterday (did I ever ask about that?), so can I, certainly. This morning (my time) I didn't have time to post. I did it when I could.

You saw me accusing no one yesterday. I voted for Schrodinger, but I could have voted for anyone else. It's completely random. The first day is there to watch reactions after casting your vote, not for finding a Seperatist before casting your vote.

That's impossible.

Which is why accusing anyone, much like you and others did yesterday, is quite frankly silly. You could as well throw a dice.

And you will take back kindly the insinuation that I have something to do with the way kaiDash posts. I'd have set him on ignore if it was possible.

2. Kang

Kang Denarii Host DLP Supporter

KaiDash, Sesc and Taure - Sith Triumvirate, im calling it right now nigs.

Manipulative and trying to sow discord and suspicion on all and sundry your powers of the Dark Side are indeed impressive.

EDIT: OHSHI- the rp just came out of nowhere D8

Last edited: Oct 7, 2011
  3. Zeitgeist

Zeitgeist High Inquisitor

Sesc, what I post isn't random "tl;dr". My strategy is clear: lynch rationally and for good reasons. Lynching Schrodinger wasn't a fantastic strategy, because he was clearly innocent. It would have been far better to lynch somebody more suspicious (you and Ashaya). And that is exactly what I'm doing now: I'm following my instincts and voting for you.

You and KaiDASH are in some sort of backdoors agreement, I swear. Your coordinated actions speak of Separatist activity.

Yesterday, Schrodinger was exceedingly innocent (if stupid), while you and Ashaya jumped gun. Within ten minutes, we already had a suitable alternative, no?

Geez, your suspicions are reeky anyway. Riley Poole? Really? I don't think he's guilty; he seems to be a perfectly innocent Civilian to me. In fact, he reminds me of mishie during DE2 - or himself during SW1. Uninterested civilians, in both cases.

If my instincts are incorrect (and I am batshit crazy, à la DE2), then my "KaiDASH+Sesc=Separatists" theory is probably wrong. In that case, where Sesc is innocent, don't lynch KaiDASH and instead lynch calutron. The guy's weird voting of Oliver of Kingston yesterday seems strange. Very odd.

4. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I trust Sesc and Taure so far, they're being logical and haven't rushed yet, I may be wrong though. Kang and KaiDash meanwhile keep trying to sew discord...

So I'll Vote Player: KaiDash
    since Kang gets the benefit of the doubt for sounding like I did in DE1.

5. Sesc

Fucking LOL

Alright, everything's clear. Lynch me, but should I turn out innocent (which I am), then don't go lynching the actually suspicious person, because that might kill someone who's indeed a seperatist. Thanks, Zeitgeist, that was all I needed.

You and kaiDash are pulling some faux-opponent scheme, where either side keeps sniping at the other, and in truth, both are Seperatists. I completely agree with Fenreallis.

I might as well say it now: I'm the Senator. And should I die, I have the great pleasure to decide between kaiDash's incoherence, Relic's incompetence, Custer's morality shit, Kang's lack of reason, Naeb'lis' erratic voting behaviour, Nemrut's suspicious advise, and your TL;DR's for a kill. I swear I sometimes wish I could just kill everyone.

But you just won the price. In other words:

Nope. In that case, you're dead.

6. Ash

Ash Moves Like Jagger DLP Supporter

Hmm. I never really had a scummy vibe from you, Sesc, so I'm inclined to believe your roleclaiming. I really really hope that you aren't lying though....I'd feel like a gullible fool. :/

So, now that I feel you are proved as innocent, who else stands out? KaiDASH and Zeitgeist, obviously. I get a blatantly evil vibe from Kai, and Zeit....well, honestly, his posts are just fucking crazy. He points fingers at everyone. I'm inclined to believe that Zeit is just being his normal paranoid self. He definitely needs to be watched, though.

So, I think that KaiDASH is the most suspicious, and so, I will vote for KaiDASH.

Vote player: KaiDASH

Just had to mention that I did notice this, and it did strike me as odd.....not sure why he'd vote for Ollie, though. :S Calutron bears watching, IMO.

7. Zeitgeist

Zeitgeist High Inquisitor

What, a role claim? Galactic Senator? DDD:

If you are telling the truth, then you firstly need to cool down. You want to get night-killed, not lynched. You're not the Human Replica Droid. Hijacking a lynch, which is our best weapon against the Separatists, isn't cool or pro-town. You're literally wasting a turn in which we could kill a Separatist (which is, incidentally, is what KaiDASH is trying to advocate. hm...)

Also, we can't afford to lynch you now. The ideal situation is when the Senator gets night-killed: it wastes one of the Separatists' opportunities to eliminate the Probe, and allows you to vigilante-kill. If you get lynched, it's not good for Varykino. A complete waste.

Dammit, Sesc. Why do you do this? And I thought that I had a Eureka moment in pinning down you and KaiDASH as collaborative Separatists. =/

For now, I'll have to rescind my vote on you. Probe, if you're still there, investigate Sesc. Ascertain his claim, or else he'll become some sort of Ashaya-esque roadblock in splitting our votes, if he lives.

I repeat, Probe: investigate Sesc.

Rescind Vote

Why? Jesus, it's like Little Knee from tinyhunt and Fiat from DE2 all over again. Stupid paranoia. D=

EDIT:

Ashaya, you can call me paranoid all you want. I still haven't forgotten how you initially behaved towards Schrodinger. You're ringing my scumdar five ways. =/

8. Vesvius

Vesvius High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Voting recap so far:

Sesc: 4 Votes
    Custer, Relic, Kang, Nemrut

Kang: 1 Vote
    Lutris

KaiDASH: 3 Votes
    Sesc, Ashaya, Oliver of Kingston

Nemrut: 1 Vote
    Taure

Yet to Vote: 11
    Calutron, Fenraelis, hgf, Jwlk, KaiDASH, Klackerz, Nae'blis, Riley Poole, Scrib, SmileOfTheKill, Zeitgeist

There are 20 Players so 11 are needed for a lynch.

Day ends at 10:00 PM EST tonight. A little over an hour left.

9. Kang

Kang Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Well played Sith. Bad play those 12 who didnt bother voting even to abstain. :<

10. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

Vote Player: Nemrut

I don't think that a lynch on sesc is good atm because of how much info he has revealed (and it wouldn't be terribly hard to catch him in a lie later if he fakeclaimed). I (for obvious reasons) also won't support a lynch on myself. Which leaves Nemrut or Kang as the only people available to get votes, and I'm going with Nemrut for now.

Also Vesvius - Requesting a day extension because 24 hours is just too short =\

My full reply to what happened while I was sleeping is coming shortly, I just wanted to get this out there.

11. Riley

Riley Alchemist DLP Supporter

I'm divided mainly because of the role-reveal on Sesc's part. My dilemma is either he's telling the truth and I vote for a pro-townie or he's lying and I vote for an anti-town. If I don't vote though, he might be targeted by the Separatists. Thus, I will vote for Calutron based on Ashaya's reasoning and hope the probe clears Sesc of suspicion.

Vote: Calutron

God, the first two days suck, I can never tell exactly what's happening.

12. Vesvius

@KaiDASH: I'll give you till midnight. That's all. And that's mainly because I'm enjoying the hell out of watching this game.

13. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

I agree a vote for Secs right now isn't a good idea, especially with his role claim.

I think the next logic person to vote would be Nemrut

Vote: Nemrut

14. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

No offense, Riley Poole, but you have to have known that a vote for Calutron isn't likely going to get off the ground at the moment. So, it seems kind of odd to toss a vote in for him at this time.

Anyway, I'm inclined to believe Sesc's role-claiming for the time being. That is, it would be highly unlikely for it to be a bluff, based upon what has been said in the thread so far. (*)

As such, I will throw my hat into the ring for Nemrut, as I did express some suspicion for him earlier already. I hope it works out, as it would potentially reveal some links between players.
    Vote Player: Nemrut

(*)

Oh, and speaking of which, as I am talking with my friend on the phone, not a member of DLP, I am reminded of my dislike for discussion of the game beyond the scope of the rules. I hope people refrain from doing so in the present and future.

15. SmileOfTheKill

SmileOfTheKill Magical Amber

Vote Player: Zeitgeist

I suggest we just get it over with and kill Zeitgeist.

If he is a scum, well happy days. If not, well not like we had a clueeee.

16. calutron

calutron Unspeakable

I know some people here have been accusing me of being an empire peon, but I swear that's not true.

First off, my post about OllieK wasn't random, well it was, but my reasoning was explained in my post, namely that we a better shot at randomly hitting scum on a first day lynch by choosing to lynch a bandwagoner.

Secondly, I am less than fully prepared to play this game, Doing everything from cellphone is annoyingly difficult. This problem will be remedied today.

So a not-so-indepth analysis:

Sesc really wants to live and he's claimed to be tha senator. Since no one has made a counter claim, I can live with that.

This is particularly useful because should the probe choose to investigate him tonight it will know for sure, and can be used in a late game reveal.

17. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

@ people who thought my plan was a -ev town plan (it might be, but only if I'm wrong)

I looked at the initial bandwagon (that wasn't really a bandwagon) for sesc, and it was so scummy because of the following reasons:
    1. 6 people all voice suspicion of sesc for basically the same thing.
    2. All of them specifically avoid mentioning each other in their reasoning, despite the reasoning being similar throughout (And specifically not mentioning one another is a scumtell, incase that isn't clear)
    3. Only Custer and Relic put in actual lynch votes, probably to try and get some non-related people to join the bandwagon on Sesc.

I thought because of this, Sesc getting lynched today is sub-optimal because Jedi Seer doesn't get info from this scummy as fuck bandwagon. So I put forward the notion for Sesc to be lynched tomorrow instead, so Jedi Seer can get the numbers.

There is also basically 3 worlds we could be in regarding sesc:

1. Sesc is Innocent. The people starting his bandwagon are mostly scum looking to take advantage of a no Jedi Seer day (my plan is successful here).
    2. Sesc is Scum. The people who tried to start his bandwagon are mostly scum, looking to make themselves seem townie (my plan is successful here).
    3. Sesc is whatever. The people who tried to start his bandwagon were mixed between scum and not scum (my plan is unsuccessful, but we still have powerful inferential tools in the votes for d1/3, plus whatever the probe has to say when they reveal)

-

@zeit

Lurkers (or people who otherwise post minimal, content-less posts - for the avoidance of doubt) are anti-town because power roles are unable to come to any sort of conclusion regarding them. If they're pro-town, lurking is an ANTI-TOWN THING TO DO, because they aren't talking. It's also anti-fun and as far as things go - If someone has to be lynched and there aren't any better suspects, I'm happy with it being a lurker.

I didn't want us to no lynch today, I wanted us to not lynch sesc. Which isn't quite the same as 'no lynch at all'.

-

I also feel like I have to provide some counter-coaching for the probe, because wtf guys. The senator, when he dies, can fucking KILL SOMEONE.

Now, think about what that means if sesc is fake-claiming. Yep! He just rose to the top of the 'KILL THIS GUY' priority list for the real senator.

So, if he is fake-claiming - Sooner or later, he will die to the real senator. If he is true-claiming then he obviously won't be killed that way.

Either way, a check here is entirely unnecessary.

---------- Post automerged at 11:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 AM ----------

@SmileoftheKill

Voting for someone who has absolutely 0 chance of being lynched today is a -ev town thing to do.

18. Sesc

Well now we have a clusterfuck.

Some observations, if anyone cares:
    Zeitgeist was one of the people that pushed for my vote early on. So did kaiDash (I was in his list, at least), even if the two of them argued amongst each other. Zeitgeist then came out with his theory about how we both were Seperatists. Then he bailed like whoa when it became apparent he might die, and now he's vanished completely. So where is his theory now? Why not vote for kai? The supposed other half of his Seperatists-theory?

And that's not even talking about his condition to the theory where kai was only to be killed if I was guilty (meaning, never).

And jwlk, how was voting for nemrut and not kaidash logical, when the latter had more votes at that point in time?

So my five suspects now: Zeitgeist, kaiDash, Naeb'lis, Custer, jwlk.

Tomorrow it's Zeitgeist. Don't make me wish I'd been killed and actually taken him out :s

19. calutron

calutron Unspeakable

Actually I've been hesitant to mention it but I too have been suspicious of jwlk, his posts are of little of value where little is actually said, but they accuse and vote to lynch fore someone anyway.

20. Vesvius

If you want to keep this going, I'm allowing it up till Midnight.