1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

STAR WARS II (A Death Eaters/Mafia Variant) :: Concluded [Republic Win]

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Vesvius, Oct 4, 2011.

1. calutron

calutron Unspeakable

Which begs the question would a separatist go around loud-mouthing as much as Zeitgeist has? This is so confusing.

2. Ash

Ash Moves Like Jagger DLP Supporter

Huh. This is a good point, one that I hadn't thought of before. Zeitgeist is experienced when it comes to Mafia, and I can't help but feel he wouldn't be so BLATANT. Maybe he's the HRD? Fuck, I don't know. This thread makes my brain hurt.

---------- Post automerged at 02:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:35 AM ----------

Reading over the thread yet another time, your posts are starting to become suspicious as well. I mean, you post a bit randomly (drunkenly, apparently), and never have much substance in your posts. In fact, your posts vaguely remind me of Hero Of Stupidity in DE2 where he was the Dark Wizard. Not sure if that says something about your role or about your personalities.

In any case, Silens was killed after having accused you. Either this is the Separatists trying to frame you, or it was you realizing that you could safely kill him BECAUSE we would all assume that it was Separatist sneakiness.

This. Fucking. Game. It turns me into Mad-Eye Moody. o_O

CONSTANT VIGILANCE.

3. calutron

calutron Unspeakable

Don't think he's the HRD, even the HRD would want a planned lynch. However the only options might be that either he's a civilian so he's not overly worried about getting lynched. Or he might be one of the characters that can hide themselves from the probe droid at night, which doesn't really make much sense either.

4. hgf

hgf Fourth Year

I have to agree that my posts are suspicious. I've tried to stay out of the picture a bit so I wouldn't be lynched for nothing and at the same time give out some of my suspicions. I failed at that apparently.

Now this is going to come off as "NO U" kind of move but Ashaya seems scummy as well. To me it seems like she's trying to deflect suspicion off of Zeitgeist. Calutron posted that thing about Zeitgeist and you immediately grabbed onto it, realising that now you could defend him without seeming like you're actually defending him.

Then, in an effort to further deflect any suspicion that might be put on you because of your post you accuse me. If Zeit really is scum then this is a fairly good move because I really am kind of suspicious and someone that has been trying to get Zeit lynched for a while doesn't need to be NK'd. Even if I'm not lynched today you'll most likely get rid of calutron.

Or I could be making this stuff up as I write, I didn't even check what you'd posted earlier. Anyway my drunken postings are because of my recent 21st birthday. I wouldn't lie about real-life things.

5. calutron

calutron Unspeakable

I don't think I'll be lynched today hgf, but I've been wrong plenty of times.

So I've decided to organize how people are voting and help people draw what conclusions they may.

Day 2 Voting pattern:

Day 1 voting pattern

---------- Post automerged at 04:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:16 AM ----------

Also people who are still alive:

Ashaya, Calutron, Custer, Fenraelis, Hgf, Jwlk, KaiDASH, Kang, Klackerz, Nae'blis, Oliver of Kingston, Relic, Riley Poole, Scrib, Sesc, SmileOfTheKill, Taure, Zeitgeist

And those who have died in the night:

6. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    It occurs to me that:

1. The seer probably used their power on day 1.
    2. It is statistically unlikely that Lutris was the seer, so the seer is likely still alive.
    3. The seer having more information ASAP is good. In some ways, I think the seer is more powerful than the probe.

It also occurs to me that:

1. The thread has stalled activity-wise.
    2. There is a split vote that shows no sign of resolution, partially because of the low activity.
    3. No lynch means no information for the seer tonight.

In the aim of moving the game along, I'm going to rescind my vote on calutron and vote for Nae'blis, putting my hope in an already existing bandwagon. I'd like it to be known that I still think calutron is the better choice, but I'm pulling an Obama compromise here.

I'm aware this goes against my prior statement to sit back more and let others lead the way, but hey, no-one's doing anything. Probably out of fear that they'll end up blamed for something when it goes wrong. Anyway:

Rescind vote.
    Vote player: Nae'blis.

7. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

In terms of 'people who i think are ok to lynch today', it would go

HRD (the role)> Nae'blis > Caultron/hgf > (almost) ANYBODY >>>>>>> No lynch.

---------- Post automerged at 10:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 PM ----------

And that's because of jedi seer data, incase it isn't clear =\

8. calutron

calutron Unspeakable

Well it doesn't look like the jwlk thing is going anywhere, so ....

Rescind Vote
    Vote Player : Nae'blis

9. Nae

Nae The Violent

:/

Well, I've tried to convince you guys to vote for Zeitgeist or KaiDASH. I've even dropped hints as to what my role is. I could say it outright, but that'll ruin the fun. I guarantee you, you'll lose a pro-town guy if I die.

I knew this was a risk when I voted against kaiDASH, and that I'll probably end up with more than I bargained for, but I still think I'm right.

I remain convinced that one of these 2 is scum. There isn't enough momentum for the bandwagon against me right now, so I'll re-iterate. Kill KaiDASH or Zeitgeist. They've been accused since day one, and have always escaped lynching.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2011
  10. hgf

hgf Fourth Year

I'm going to vote for Zeitgeist. I disagree with lynching Nae'blis.

By the way, what's up with my "drunken posting" being used as evidence that I'm scum? I mean, I think I posted twice while drunk and didn't do anything remarkably stupid, aside from telling I'm drunk apparently. Been wondering about that for a while now.

Vote Player: Zeitgeist

---------- Post automerged at 02:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:08 PM ----------

I like how my by the way was the longest part of my post. Just wanted to add that I'm willing to vote for Nae'blis if we need one vote to get the lynch but first I'll attempt to get someone else lynched.

11. Kang

Kang Denarii Host DLP Supporter

If you are a vital power role then you need to fucking say. If you are the HRD then whatever but still dont fuck us up by being the <whatever> and not telling us because you are having a PMS moment. :p

Vote Player: Nae'blis
    just to move things along but I am totally willing to change it if anymore evidence or decent arguments pop up because the arguments so far are either being clouded by the Darksiders or utterly retarded.

12. Nae

Nae The Violent

k, fine, I'll say it. I'm the Jedi Master.

I'm only reduced to taking shots in the dark with this role. Night 1, I switched Sesc and KaiDASH. Sesc had pulled that stunt, and Kai was jumping all over the place. They were both informed of the switch.

Sesc said it clearly the next day that he was visited. I went through the thread, and KaiDASH has yet to say anything on the matter. Why is he hiding it? So I took that as a hint, and moved against him. I wasn't really sure at first. But he moves against me, and provides no arguments, just his speculation. I am "right in the middle" of the pack? Zeit is quick to follow. He says I'm a lurker, while failing to read this in my original post:

which is the reason I wasn't able to vote on Day 2.

If I wasn't sure the first time around, I am now. Kill me if you don't believe me.

May the force be with you.

13. Kang

Kang Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Huh. So. Interesting.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Rescind Vote

Vote Player: KaiDash

Too much suspicion is on Kaidash and we cant have him semi calling the shots with all this doubt clouded over. We need to lynch him for the sanctity of our minds and our homes.

14. KaiDASH

rescind vote

Why would I mention that I got visited? As far as I'm concerned me getting visited is an event that nobody except me needs to know about.

I've no idea why zeit is following my lead like a lost puppy though =\

Anyway, now what I really want is for the HRD to claim so we can lynch them. Doing this now is +EV for town.

If you are the HRD and you don't claim now, I will be very unhappy with you.

15. Vesvius

Vesvius High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Voting recap so far:

KaiDASH: 3 votes
    SmileOfTheKill, Nae'blis, Kang

Nae'blis: 3 votes
    Zeitgeist, Taure, Calutron

Calutron: 2 votes
    Ashaya, Jwlk

Zeitgeist: 1 vote
    hgf

Yet to Vote: 9
    Custer, Fenraelis, KaiDASH, Klackerz, Oliver of Kingston, Relic, Riley Poole, Scrib, Sesc

There are 18 Players remaining so 10 are needed for a lynch.

Day ends at 10:00 PM EST tonight. A little under 12 hours left.

16. Klackerz

Klackerz Bridgeburner

Well fuck. anybody wants to counterclaim Nae'blis? Anyone?

If he really is the Jedi Master, then Kai is the most likely suspect.

17. KaiDASH

I'm going to sleep. be back in about 7-8 hours. Don't kill me before then if that's what you want to do, because I have things to say that will make you not want to lynch me!

But if the HRD reveals today then that would be so incredible.

18. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

In a hurry, will be on tonight.

Not sure about Naeb'lis, but still more suspicious of KaiDash. So until further notice: VotePlayer: KaiDash.

19. Zeitgeist

Zeitgeist High Inquisitor

I doubt that KaiDASH is guilty, even though he keeps on calling for my death. Intuition (and friendship outside the thread), I guess? Honestly, though, I wouldn't be gobsmacked if he turned out to be a Renegade or a Criminal Mastermind. I miss the days when my instincts weren't so stupid and chronically incorrect. D:

Naeblis role-claims? Well, he did hit before that his role is "chaotic", so it's semi-believable. Plus KaiDASH and Sesc backed-up his claim. And if nobody counterclaims, it's too much of a risk to axe a potential Jedi Master. =/

I guess this calls for a rescinding.

Ashaya, you still haven't escaped my scumdar. Just because you were doubtful of my guilt (thank you) doesn't mean that I think you're innocent. But then, I've been so wrong in this threat that I don't really know that for sure.

calutron, you put suspicion on me, and I'm petty enough to vote in spirit of "tit-for-tat". Your voting of Oliver and jwlk is odd anyway, something which I alluded to in a prior post. A lynch is better than no lynch, I suppose. We need to lynch at least to give the Seer a chance. Dammit, don't prove me wrong. DDD:

Rescind Vote

Vote Player: calutron

20. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

For what it's worth, Nae'blis, I immediately thought 'Jedi Master' when you described your role as "chaotic and unpredictable." You could have, and still could be, lying, but it's the kind of role that invites death by revealing yourself, so that is a potential upcoming indicator. Of course, you could simply attempt to swap actions performed against you, into being against a likely guilty target, but that isn't a guarantee.

Anyway, KaiDASH, you should better explain your suddenly fierce push for the HRD to reveal themselves immediately. (and seriously, "good" and "bad" are just as effective as "+ev" and "-ev", but I digress) As is, at best it polarizes the voting of the town for a single day early on, kills off an innocent role, protects from a night kill or two, then voting falls into it's current chaos once again. This, as opposed to being a protective barrier a few days later to cover for just that 'one more investigation,' or even simply a similar situation as now, but when the numbers are closer and more significant.

I could very well be mistaken, but I imagine it would be better to go after one of the expressive power players(currently either yourself and Zeitgeist come to mind the most), and see what happens with that. Extrapolated voting patterns could more easily be derived in such a fashion as well, rather than interrupting the flow of voting with a gimme.