1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

STAR WARS II (A Death Eaters/Mafia Variant) :: Concluded [Republic Win]

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Vesvius, Oct 4, 2011.

1. Klackerz

Klackerz Bridgeburner

Why the fuck are you trying to kill me?I am just a civilian, if you don't believe me, then fuck you.

You all are forgetting the fact that two more separatist and the renegade is also alive.If the renegade lives past today, two more of the civilians will be dead by tomorrow.

I really think that Riley is a separatist, maybe even the renegade.His posts are very suspicious. He's not trolling like he was in SW1 and he was very quite.

SO Vote Player:Riley Poole

2. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

Another name escapes you >_<

Vote Player: klackerz

3. Scrib

Scrib The Chosen One

Well klackerz, you're the best choice, if it's any consolation, if you turn out to be innocent we are fucked.

klackerz is right about one thing; this is seeming like the Renegade's game. He seems to have spent the first few turns tainting people before striking. Hopefully most of those people are dead, but still.

Naeblis: If you are the Jedi Master could you please give us a list of the roles you switched at night. Pretty much all the power roles are out in the open, and our enemies can strike twice, it's a good idea to get that info on record in case either of us get killed. It should help us find the Renegade seeing as someone you switched Sesc with turned out to him.

4. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

Klackerz, I'm mostly going off of this part of Sesc's statement:
    Considering Ashaya is dead, and I'm the HRD(and have given a fair bit of proof of such, whether one chooses to believe it), that leaves you. Of course, this is presuming all of the previously-claimed roles are being honest, but...

On an unrelated note, if I look at the posts-by-person screen, I've noticed that Calutron has been extremely minimalist the past several days. Is he simply busy(doubtful, and meta-gaming might reveal otherwise, but I don't really want to delve into that), or is he trying to maintain a low profile while we get the last few roles confirmed? Something to consider at the very least.

5. Klackerz

Klackerz Bridgeburner

Fuck it. I tried. Lynch me then. Two of you will die tomorrow.

6. Nae

Nae The Violent

It seems I was a target last night as well. I swapped myself with Ashaya.

Also, I thought Sesc could take another player down with his powers? That's why I chose not to swap him.

More thoughts later.

7. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

As I mentioned in my earlier post, I think that Sesc had the misfortune, so to speak, of targeting Ashaya, who was killed via swap anyway. That said, I'm not sure whether swapping yourself or Scrib is the better option for tonight... If Scrib survives the night, we can at least confirm if all of the people that voted are legitimate. Of course, if somehow you both survive, and the last Separatist is still alive, it may be beneficial to lynch me, to recharge Scrib's ability, then insure he survives the next night to use it as well.

Also, Klackerz:
    I'm not sure if you are giving up the attempt at deception, or being resigned to being lynched as an innocent. Well, one more vote will reveal the truth either way. Hopefully in our favor, but as I discuss below, it should work out either way. Counting it out, despite the OP saying (Max five) on Civilians, there were twenty-two players, and eighteen power roles, therefore there were actually only four Civilians. With Schrodinger, Nemrut and, likely, hgf confirmed as Civilians, that leaves one left.
    Considering the unaccounted for roles, we are left with one Civilian, the Renegade, the Holonet Technician, Sith Lord and the Medical Droid. Conveniently, the only unaccounted for people happen to be Klackerz, Moridin, Calutron, Riley Poole (and Lutris). So, three out of the five remaining are bad roles, with three bad people out of four people left. I think our odds are pretty good of getting the right targets. Of course, said odds decrease to two out of three, then one out of two, but that's not so terrible, given the circumstances.

Here is our situation as it stands. The following is based upon Klackerz being guilty. If he is innocent, then it just means the rest are guilty, and we have enough people left to win just fine as long as we lynch them in succession.

1) We are at eleven people now, then ten after the lynch(hopefully down to two Anti-Town roles remaining).
    We might potentially go down to eight after the Night Phase, unless both Night Kills target the same person, which could happen I suppose. At the likely eight remaining, things branch off:
    2A) We lynch the right target with our 50/50 chance, and go to 6/1. If we got the Separatist, then there is no Night Kill since the Renegade killed the previous night. Two targets left.
    If we then lynch wrong, go to 5/1, and if the Jedi Master is dead or also guesses wrong, and go to 4/1, then either way, there is only one possible target remaining, and bam(!), victory.

2B) We lynch the right target, but we got the Renegade. 6/1, but down to 5/1 or 6/0 after the Night Kill. Two targets left.
    If we then lynch wrong, we go to 4/1, then either 3/1 or 4/0 after the Night Kill. Only one target left, so victory is had by the town.

2C) We lynch the wrong target. 5/2, and either at 4/2 or 5/1 after the Night Phase. Two targets left, but both are guilty, or one guilty target left due to a swapped Night Kill into a Medical Droid.
    -2C~A) If at 4/2, and we lynch the right target, it goes down to 4/1 and a Night Kill bringing us to either 3/1 or 4/0. 3/1 is a win against either the Separatist or Renegade, since there is only one target left.
    -2C~B) As with "2A" and "2B", if at 5/1, then we should definitely win against a Renegade. Against a Separatist, and if we lynch wrong, we go to 4/1, then potentially 3/1 overnight. With only one target left, that's game.

-----
    Are there any particular holes in my theory? This is aimed at the confirmed town roles, since I honestly don't trust you other folks in this game, for the sake of this particular game round.

p.s. If the Holonet technician is still alive and has not sent their one-time message yet... then send it to confirm yourself to someone that is confirmed as Pro-Town, but not a high priority target. Either they will get it, or their death(to randomly get the right target to silence) will save one of our priority remaining roles.

p.p.s. If any of the currently role-claimed people are lying(relatively unlikely since there have been no counter-claims, and only one unknown death)... then we are probably screwed either way, so we might as well go with what should work.

8. Klackerz

Klackerz Bridgeburner

"I don't want to go"

9. Nae

Nae The Violent

There you go Scrib. Make of it what you will. I'm still clueless about the identity of the renegade.

This is a crucial stage of the game, people! Many roles have been revealed, and they are sure to be the target. I'm just hoping to off as many as I can before I'm killed. Fen has confirmed that he's the HRD.

I have no idea what to do.

Vote Player: klackerz

For now.

10. Klackerz

Klackerz Bridgeburner

YOU WILL REGRET IT.

"I got too big my apprentice, too noisy, time for me to step back into the shadows"

11. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

Oh yeah, you should probably ignore the part about lynching me at this point. Not that I have anything against it in principle, but I wrote that part first, before I thought more about it and came up with the plan. I just forgot to remove it later, when it kind of became pointless compared to trying to lynch the listed participants in an attempt to catch the remaining Anti-Town roles. Lynching me as the HRD wouldn't change too much, since we should still not go below a 2/1 ratio of Town/Not-Town, but it wouldn't really serve any point either anymore.

Also, Nae'blis, all things considered, it may be best to mostly worry about keeping yourself alive, since a good swap might mean an earlier win.

Especially if klackerz is the Sith Lord as he is implying, thus leaving us with one Anti-Town role that can still be Night Killed via a swapped placement. We'll find out once Vesvius updates the results with the sixth vote.

12. Vesvius

Vesvius High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

It was a quick day, especially considering days of the past. Unlike other days, there was no doubt that someone was going to meet their end tonight. After much discussion, it was decided that klackerz should meet his end.

The Lynch Mob does their business quickly and viciously, perhaps as angered and excited by the days events as I. After the lynch mob was done with its grisly work, I conducted a quick search of the body. Searching the body revealed...

A dark red lightsaber. Klackerz was the Sith Lord![

The final vote tally of the day was:

Klackerz: 6 votes
    Fenraellis, Oliver of Kingston, calutron, Scrib, Castiel, Nae'blis

Riley Poole: 1 Vote
    klackerz

Abstained: 4
    Kang, Moridin, Riley Poole, SmileoftheKill

We have now entered Twilight. Twilight is the time between a successful lynch and night. No lynch votes may be cast, but discussions may still occur.

The following 12 people can post in this thread:

//Calutron, Castiel, Fenraelis, Kang, Merrill II (Creator), Mordin, Nae'blis, Oliver of Kingston, Riley Poole, Scrib, SmileOfTheKill, Vesvius (Host)//

Graveyard
    Schrodinger (Civilian), Silens Cursor (Adjutant), Nemrut (Civilian), Lutris (???), KaiDASH (Probe Droid), Jwlk (Jedi Healer), Custer (Falleen Slave-boy), hgf (???), Zeitgeist (ASN Utility Droid), Sesc (Galactic Senator), Ashaya (Assassin Droid), Klackerz (Sith Lord)

Last edited: Oct 15, 2011
  13. Klackerz

Klackerz Bridgeburner

I am posting because,

CUSTER WAS NOT THE FUCKING SITH LORD.

I AM THE SITH LORD.

14. Vesvius

Vesvius High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

I just woke up, okay?

You people can stop telling me.

15. calutron

calutron Unspeakable

A tribute to Sesc and his vision

16. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:
    FUCK YEAH DUDES!

Drinks at the cantina?

17. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

Well, it was kind of obvious, considering his particular attempts to have the last word. Either way, which one should we go for next, Calutron, Riley Poole or Moridin?

-Calutron has been active...-ish... lately, but not saying anything that reveals anything important.
    -Riley Poole has the least posts out of any of the currently alive people, by far.
    -Moridin is replacing Taure, who might have stayed on if he was guilty, even if he only had an hour a day, but he may have stopped to delay his impending death via Kang's suspicion. Also, in post #373, Klackerz might have loosely been defending Taure.

If we take from Sesc's compiled post, we see:

By this we can see that Calutron is at least not a Separatist, and it should be either Moridin or Riley Poole. Since the Renegade will probably be using his kill tonight, and thus not have one tomorrow night, we should aim for the last Separatist first.

18. Kang

Kang Denarii Host DLP Supporter

We shouldnt post during the night?

Either way everything happened while I was asleep. Boo.

19. Scrib

Scrib The Chosen One

Well, I'm going to start studying and can't post again so all I can say is Naeblis: Protect yourself, you're pretty much the only important power role left, seeing as the Separatists have almost completely been rooted out and won't vote at all, now that they're wise to me, and the HRD can't prevent the DR from tainting. If you get targeted you can switch yourself with one of the suspect people, leaving the town with a smaller pool of suspects.

Riley, Smile and Moridin are on my radar, however this isn't the first time Riley hasn't posted in a SW game so I am more suspicious of Smile, who dropped in just long enough to make a few dumb posts and never showed up again.

20. SmileOfTheKill

SmileOfTheKill Magical Amber

I was at Busch Gardens today. It was fun and I hurt myself playing DDR.

Also, I am the CSF Corner guy, I investigated hgf to make sure Sesc analysis wasn't tainted by the Scum being smart. Didn't target Lutris since the super important roles are dead and he wasn't on the two lists of Scum Vote Counting days.