1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Warlock Hunt | Witch Victory

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by KaiDASH, Oct 11, 2011.

1. Lutris

Lutris Jarl Dovahkiin DLP Supporter

Well, I AM feeling a bit lazy, it being the weekend and it raining hard and generally being a humid wreck.

My general thoughts on what topics seem to be covered so far (if I've missed any major ones, holler at me):

Matt's survival > BoD seems likely to me out of pure gut intuition, but logically, Warlock/Survivalist is just as probable.

The most important role in the game barring Priest? Warlock or Vigilante. Even if we take care of all the Witches, the Warlock and Thrall combo cannot be ignored. Vigilante, because it's one of the only ways we can confirm a scum death or clear two Angels.

As for a lynch, I'm not buying into one just yet.

Also, don't bother me incessantly on IRC to 'reply to my post or I won't post' again, Irenus Vaginus Maximus. That's more than half the reason I haven't been posting in the thread.

2. Irene

Irene Seventh Year DLP Supporter Retired Staff DLP Gold Supporter

Feel free to shift all the blame onto me, Lutris. I'm sure that's extremely productive to the thread after all.

3. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Am also on the fence about lynching Matt. But on the other hand, I don't really have any other suspects. Everybody is equally suspicious, except maybe Ashaya, whose posts have a weird vibe to them but even that is no proof.

4. hgf

hgf Fourth Year

I'm sorry I haven't posted much, we just got a new dog and I've been pretty busy with her. I'll be able to participate better from today onwards. Going to read the last few pages now, will come back to post again soon.

5. Kensington

Kensington Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Irene: I advocate lynching you for three reasons. Reason #1: If you happen to be a white hat - my mindless advocation of lynching you gives you a smoke screen. Reason #2: If you're evil - then I come out looking like an idiot-savant who called it. Reason #3: It's entertaining.

6. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

I doubt that at this rate, anyone will get lynched today.

7. hgf

hgf Fourth Year

Well there aren't many options from which to choose our next lynch target. I have yet to see anyone particularly suspicious. Though I'll see if I can get time to go through the thread again.

8. Little Knee

Little Knee Seventh Year

I'm sorry for being late, guys. Got some problems with my family today.
    Anyway, I've read the last few pages, and like others, I agree to move on from Matt. And then, I want to ask you, Kens: what do you mean by 'lynching Irene is entertaining'? Because, you know, that sounds like a lame excuse :(

9. Fiat

Fiat The Chosen One DLP Supporter

Same goes both ways, Kens. If she's scum, doing this makes it harder to kill her.

10. Lungs

Lungs KT Loser ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    D8 I just finished my last debate round - well, the judge is giving his ballot in a bit.

/me is probably 3 wins to losses. Farewell, Big Bronx. /me goes home, motherfrackers.

I'm not sure if Irene is scum. When she did play scum, she said pretty dumb stuff.

When she played heavy pro-town... she played like this.

That said... Irene, you're sort of asking for it. LOL.

11. Fiat

Hold the fuck up: Irene has played scum before? What game was this?

12. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Against lynching Matt today because we don't have enough information to conclude he's scum -- and lynching him would give us no more information, whether he survives again or not.

Against lynching Irene today because the only arguments against her are (1) she's Batman and (2) she's crazy. Both totally possible, but not necessarily scum-tells.

Instead of them, how about:

Vote Player: Little Knee

(1) Tried to act "indecisive" in her first post and wasn't very convincing - that post reeks of scum
    (2) Tried to get us to reveal our roles
    (3) Hasn't even tried to defend herself against the people saying she's scum

Could be wrong, but she definitely strikes me as the most suspicious and scummy-looking person around at the moment.

13. addictedforlife

addictedforlife High Inquisitor

Matt: No sense in lynching him. We can just have the priest check him, and be done with this topic.

Irene: I wanna see her live another day. She's amusing.

Little Knee: She is somewhat suspicious, and because of lack of any other suspicions, she's the most suspicious. But I'd like to hear her defense first, before voting.

14. Geabe

Geabe Guest

She played Eager Cadet in Tinyhunt, and Priest in Lesstinyhunt. I'll eat your hat if any of these two roles are anti-Town.

Going by my earlier post in Day 1.

Deadline Lynch Vote: Little Knee

I will rescind this vote if Little Knee manages to explain herself well.

KaiDASH, a time-check please. How long do we have left?

15. Fiat

I'm not voting for Irene because A) She's Batman and B) She's crazy. Both of these are absolutely true, but there's no reason to kill her without her having done anything scummy thus far.

I'm not voting for Knee because no one's really given a reason to do so.

I'm not voting for Matt because it's already been demonstrated that, at best, we're wasting a lynch. I do, however, recommend that in the event that we don't come to a consensus, the Judge goes for Matt unless we manage to get a better lynch-candidate.

16. Geabe

Geabe Guest

I want Little Knee to explain why she asked us to reveal clues on our roles, because of the lack of counterargument when people accused her. It is the only reason for my deadline Lynch vote.

17. Silens Cursor

Silens Cursor The Silencer DLP Supporter

It's rather strange, considering the rampant accusations and arguing that occurred in the Star Wars games, that this particular round seems almost subdued. Either everyone got smarter and is playing their hand a lot closer to the chest, or people are just lurking for the sake of not saying something stupid and getting lynched like dhulli (and on a side note, I hugely doubt that his angel vote - provided he cast it at all - was what saved Matt - there doesn't seem to be any correlation there at all).

If anything, from the flavour text that KaiDASH wrote up (providing that's meaningful at all), it almost seems like Matt could be the Survivalist, technically 'surviving' his first death. Granted, I might be reading too much into things, but frankly, we've got to start looking somewhere.

At least from my POV, Matt doesn't come off as the Warlock - if anything, he comes off as a little confused and pro-town. As for the other people... well, Fiat comes off bloodthirsty, but I can understand that considering the SW games, Irene seems way too defensive to be anything except pro-town, and I just can't bloody get a read on Ashaya other than the fact that her posts all seem to have subtext that I can't follow. And Little Knee... once again, I don't have a read on her. If anything, I wish she'd post something in her own defence so I could at least get a grip on where she's coming from.

Whatever. I find it annoying that we don't know the identities of the lynching targets, because that would let me plan my strategy better, but rules are rules. As it is, I really don't see enough to vote for anyone today.

18. Little Knee

Little Knee Seventh Year

I'll answer these, guys. First, I wasn't trying to act indecisive. I wasn't acting at all, to be exact - I really indecisive. I didn't know whom I should chose for the mayor vote, because all the candidates - Jon, Irene, and Lutris - felt a little off for me.

Jon? Like I said, his antic scared me, and I didn't know him at all. Lutris? Highly intelligence, and he's the champion in Tinyhunt. Irene? Maybe I was biased, but I didn't find her as suspicious, though for some reasons - Psychic Batman Skill, her way of playing, etc. - I won't chose her as a mayor, unless the choice were between her and dhulli. So, after some more considering, I voted Lutris for mayor.

Second, I tried to make you reveal your role. Maybe that was a stupid move, and looking back at it again, maybe that was REALLY the stupidest thing I've ever done in a mafia game. But the reason why I did that in the first place was I really wanted this game to move faster. I hoped some of the witches would say some things that would indicate that they are the witches, and some smart peoples like Lutris, Silens, etc, would realize them.

And last, I'm really sorry guys, but the last few days had been crazy for me. I got mountains of homework from school, I got problems with my family, I broke up with my boyfriend, etc. etc. etc. I got so little to no time to open the internet, to open this game thread, and I didn't have time to defend myself from people who thinks I am a scum. Once again, I'm sorry I wasn't able to participate more, but now with everything in my house... had been 'handled', I should be able to.

Last, I am not a witch. I am a pro-town, until the very end.

19. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

Not to be mean to Little Knee in particular, and I apologize, but... Were you tired of being cuckolded, Lungs?

20. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

Flavor text is exactly that, and it has no meaning towards the game at large.

The only text that matters is the