1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Warlock Hunt | Witch Victory

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by KaiDASH, Oct 11, 2011.

1. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Irene isn't dead yet.

That's why I believe she is scum.

My opinion could change later, but that's what I think. D:

2. hgf

hgf Fourth Year

This whole post is absolute bullshit. I'm calling it. You're a witch. Who cares if she'll be killed by someone eventually? I remember thinking like that when I was scum in SW1 but that hasn't popped into my head even once while playing pro-town. If I think someone is suspicious I tell people about it and attempt to lynch him as fast as possible unless suitable proof is given that the suspect isn't guilty.

Vote Player: The Santi

3. The Santi

The Santi Professor

Hardly defending.

Irene is going to die, there's no reason to waste a lynch vote on her when she'll be taken out in due time regardless.

How is Irene the most dangerous player? She's just an easy target? An easy target that will die eventually. There are serious people that we would be better served killing.

The fact that you disregard this makes me incredibly suspicious of you. Maybe you're scum, maybe you're not, but you need to explain yourself better or DIE!!!

4. hgf

hgf Fourth Year

Okay, Vira's "she hasn't been killed yet, that's why she's suspicious" is bullshit as well. Just wanted to say that.

---------- Post automerged at 03:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:55 AM ----------

I agree that Vira is somewhat suspicious now that I read her last post but who are these serious people that we're better off killing?

5. Vesvius

Vesvius High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Ok. First and foremost, I don't think the "Irene's alive, she's scum" argument holds much weight. The scum could be keeping her alive for who knows how many reasons. Or maybe they just saw something in one of the three kill targets that made them scarier then Irene. Nothing's scarier then Irene to me, but maybe they saw something.

Moving on, I think it's way more suspicious that Fen hasn't chimed in yet. He's still alive (and it wasn't by BoD because people did die that night), has a vote against him, and has been online. I'd like to hear from him before I make any decisions, but he's creeping up my scumdar.

Since Fiat's dead, I guess it falls to me to ask the tough questions (that will be answered for three posts and are then forgotten about).

So my questeion right now is this:

We're in day three. Who are you surprised is still here?

Me, besides the obvious Irene answer, I'm still kinda suprised Santi and Silens are here. From what I've seen in previous games, prolific DLP authors usually get the heave-ho quickly.

6. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

By that logic I should be gone as we...

Oh.

:'(

7. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

Huh, well I'm honestly not sure why I would have been a target for either a night kill or a Vigilante Kill. Quite simply I haven't really participated all the much yet, but I guess that could be a reason in and of itself. Either way, I will admit to having only been partially active so far. This being largely due to the Star Wars game nearing completion and recently starting to play(and putting far too many hours into, as in around thirty or so since Wednesday) Titan Quest for the first time.
    Well, that and it's notably more difficult to derive suspicions when innocence or guilt of the dead is harder to determine in this game format.

For what it's worth I could be the Survivalist, the Traveler, or even simply have received Angelic Protection. I certainly won't reveal my role, since a Soul Steal can even penetrate the Survivalist's protection. Yes, technically I could be the Warlock too, but that's understandably not something I would want to highlight as an innocent.

@Vesvius, sorry, I was writing my post, in between preparing a late dinner and general household clean-up. Nobody seems to like to take out the trash or do dishes, so it usually falls at my feet.:(

8. Vesvius

Just realized:

Kai, did the dancer dance?

9. Jon

Oi Fen.

You're not supposed to edit your posts. :|

10. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

It was within a minute of posting, thus not even earning an edit time stamp. I would have made a new post otherwise.

11. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

Yes, the dancer danced. my bad!

Story to come at some point in the next few hours.

12. Vesvius

I'm still majorly suspicious of Fen right now, but that might not be for logical reasons. I mean, he's been a powerful Pro-Town role in SW2 and DE2. I think he's due for a scum run lol.

But for right now, he's not suspicious enough for me to vote against for the same reasons Matt wasn't suspicious enough.

So for right now, I'll just observe and see if I can figure out more from watching you post.

Jon: Of course I'm still surprised you're here, but that's more for the fact that you're mayor and less that you're an author.

And please answer my question, everyone! We'll never learn anything if we don't ask and answer questions.

---------- Post automerged at 11:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 PM ----------

I'll check back here in an hour. For now, Minecraft!

13. Lungs

Lungs KT Loser ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    From the posts above, I think Vira and Santi are running game on us.

But I'm slightly inclined to believe that Santi is innocent - and in that event, Vira is probably innocent too.

Fiat died, and he voted Vira for mayor...

Meanwhile...

I think Lutris was killed for making Irene mad. I could totally imagine Irene shouting everyone else in the QT down. lol.

I don't have a damn spreadsheet this game (don't see the reason to make it when I'm not scum), and I feel like I've been caught very flatfooted. Care to share some analysis from yours, Silens?

---------- Post automerged at 11:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 PM ----------

Gambler's Fallacy. Each choice is individual, and his chances of being scum this time around are just as good as his chances of having been scum.

14. Silens Cursor

Silens Cursor The Silencer DLP Supporter

Glad to be of assistance, Lungs. I still don't trust you, but that's automatic at this point.

Not good enough. But let's run down the logic, shall we? First round, we lynch dhulli because he's a twit and was asking for it. Odds are, he was probably pro-town. If we run on that assumption and follow the odds that dhulli didn't protect Matt with the angel vote, that makes Matt either pro-town or the warlock.

Second day, we lynch Little Knee for being suspicious, but frankly, I never bought her culpability either (one reason I abstained from voting), and that means we probably have two pro-town Angels. Considering Fenraellis hasn't really done anything special either, I can imagine they didn't protect him either... but could they have protected someone else?

I suspect they did. In fact, I suspect that following on my initial hypothesis that Irene is ineffectual, but that so many people want her dead, that dhulli and Little Knee took pity on her, given that Irene has stood up for Little Knee throughout her brief jaunt on DLP, and dhulli was clueless enough to go alone because, hey, they're both girls and it's probably the first time someone of the opposite sex talked to him.

But lo and behold, that protection was wasted, because the witches considered Irene ineffectual as well, targeting Fiat, the most bloodthirsty in this game. Frankly, at this point, we need to raise some points.

1. Fiat was killed by the witches because he drew the most attention. Furthermore, I don't think he was the DOB because he wouldn't have targeted Lutris or Fenraellis over someone like Geabe.

2. The Vigilante likely attacked last night and killed Lutris. In this case, Lutris was either the Assassin or the DOB, and then he targeted Fenraellis (why, I have no fucking clue).

3. Fenraellis is not the Warlock, because Assassin or DoB kills would have brought him down. This makes me think that Fenraellis is the Survivalist, namely because dhulli and Little Knee would have no fucking reason to protect him if they're anti-town (which I seriously doubt) and just as little if they're pro-town (because they're fucking clueless and I still hold that for other reasons they protected Irene because, let's face it, they've got nobody else to protect that they remotely care about).

At this point, my biggest suspicions still fall on Geabe (although hgf is leaping straight to the top of my list in hurdles), but I sincerely think, Jon, that you should reconsider your lynch vote. Fen's pro-town, I think, at least from this hypothesis.

And since we probably now have a majority of pro-town angels, can someone make sure I stay alive for the next day?

15. Irene

Irene Seventh Year DLP Supporter Retired Staff DLP Gold Supporter

Lol, Lungs, I'm not assertive at all, even if I were scum, I won't be the leader. That said, Fen, please defend yourself soon.

Silens: The witches can have targetted Fen and Fiat died as a result of assassin/DoB kill.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2011
  16. The Santi

The Santi Professor

Well, I'm going to bed for the night, gotta be up early. I'll try to check in tomorrow morning before class.

17. Lungs

Lungs KT Loser ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    It makes sense, Silens. Thank you.

I just don't know why anyone but scum would target Lutris though...

---------- Post automerged at 11:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 PM ----------

Irene, you might not be aggressive, but...

You're really violent, and you probably threatened the others with castration or something. D8

18. Silens Cursor

Silens Cursor The Silencer DLP Supporter

I don't buy it. Fiat was drawing way too much attention to himself, and furthermore, let's run down the chain of possibilities:

1. Vigilante targets Fiat (which is fucking stupid, because Fiat's been obviously the most pro-town). Fiat is then either the DOB or Assassin and targets Lutris... for no reason whatsoever. Sorry, not enough motivation to call this kill. Fiat was on top of this game a lot more, he would have gone after Geabe, not Lutris. Fenraellis is not affected because he's the warlock in this case... but even despite his suspicious posts, I don't buy him as the warlock, tbh.

2. Vigilante targets Lutris (which is still pretty fucking stupid, but a little more plausible). Lutris is the Assassin and kills Fiat...which is a bit more plausible, but I'd sure as hell like to know the Vigilante's reasoning for going after Lutris over the other suspicious characters here. Once again, I don't entirely buy this (in this case, Fenraellis is the warlock).

3. Fiat is killed by witches (the obvious target), Lutris is killed by the vigilante for some fucking stupid reason, and as the DOB or Assassin, he targets Fenraellis... who survives, because he's the Survivalist.

Obviously, this is all conjecture and wild speculation, but I'd like to think the chains of progression, given behavioural patterns, make a degree of sense.

19. Jon

The thing is, I just threw that out to see how Fen would respond.

You know how he responded? By not giving two flying fucks. That is suspicious as fuck to me, and considering he just survived a NK after Matt did the previous night. :| Tell me what I'm supposed to think. Because my gut tells me that one of them is it.

20. Irene

Irene Seventh Year DLP Supporter Retired Staff DLP Gold Supporter

Silens, there are so many assumptions there it's not even funny...

I have class in 10 mins, so no time to write a long post now, but reassured I will tear the assumptions down one by one after I return. Silens, not personal attack, just corrections I need to point out here and there.

Later then.