1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Warlock Hunt | Witch Victory

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by KaiDASH, Oct 11, 2011.

1. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

O boy... I am so tempted to post something that could throw your plans into disarray if you only knew certain truths. If you even chose to believe me, despite the fact that I have historically been quite honest in my posts, even if I sometimes don't reveal the entire truth.

Ah well, kill Silens Cursor if you wish, but he's definitely not the Thrall. The sad truth is that he likely is the Spiritualist, since I can't see the Witches throwing one of their own under the bus so readily, when his role-claim only helped to increase doubt and suspicion upon him, rather than the opposite. I say 'sad truth' because it means the town has to decide between letting him live for me to Soul Steal tomorrow, or killing an allied town member simply to work against such a course of action. It's likely that the town succeeds in killing three of their own today. Of course, if he does live, I do hope the Witches don't kill him overnight for me, hmm?

---------- Post automerged at 04:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:13 PM ----------

Also, Jon, if you must know, that edit that you were so suspicious of, was either me seeing I had a repeated word in the beginning and middle of a sentence, or me replacing a comma with a period, and capitalizing the following word. I can't remember which off the top of my head, but it was a simple grammar correction.

2. Vesvius

Vesvius High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Silens seems to be as good a suspect as any and better then most, so...

Vote Player: Silens Cursor

3. hgf

hgf Fourth Year

Yeah, Fen's last post confirmed my vote. Vote Player: Silens Cursor

4. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

Silens.. I don't want to lynch you. Just like I didn't want to lynch Fen.

But you've pushed us into a corner by revealing your role. If we let you survive until tomorrow then Fen will SS you and survive another day. Another day in which the chance of us having the Desperado and the Judge alive dwindles even further- We have a vigilante kill and a Witch kill tonight.

Not to mention.. if he SS's you he gets another zombie and it makes it that much harder to kill him.

5. addictedforlife

addictedforlife High Inquisitor

Not much of a choixe there, is it?

6. The Santi

The Santi Professor

Sigh.

Since I've outed Vesvius, I figure I'll be killed pretty soon by the witches, and I'd rather everyone have the information I've got.

I'm the Mad Scientist.

I compared Vira with Vesvius. They came up as being in different factions.

Since Vira was protown, that means Vesvius is absolutely scum (Witch/Thrall). Kill him NOW!

I can also tell you that Silens/Gaebe came up as being different, meaning at least one of them is scum, possibly both.

Everyone else I've checked is dead.

Now change your votes or admit you're witches.

Lynch Vote: Vesvius.

7. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

I don't think you get a Vigilante kill tonight, Jon, unless failed lynches count as a mis-lynch. I imagine a failed lynch falls under the same category as no-lynch, and thus resets the Vigilante's ability counter.

8. Geabe

Geabe Guest

I have not had time to read through, I will do that later when I finally get a break from work.

Basically, a comment for now. Will people please NOT reveal roles for the Rogue Warlock to Soulsteal?

For one, it makes it obvious who to Soulsteal. And, assuming Silens Cursor gets Lynched today, Fenraellis will be able to Soulsteal on Day 5, and survive until Day 6.

(Today is Day 4 if I am not mistaken.)

More from me later, I have quite a bit of free time later.

---------- Post automerged at 09:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 AM ----------

Lynch Vote: Silens Cursor

9. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

Current Votal

Vesvius (1+0): The Santi
    Silens Cursor (7+1): Jon, Aekiel, Lungs, Vesvius, hgf, Addictedforlife, Geabe | Nemrut

16 Players are alive, so 9 is a majority. "No Lynch" is a valid vote, if this gets 50% of the vote the day ends and the Judge (if alive) may make a lynch.

-

I didn't post a livelist when Vira died, so

Livelist@d4.5 (16/23)
    Ashaya
    MattSilver
    Silens Cursor
    Mishie
    The Santi
    Vesvius
    Jon
    addictedforlife
    Castiel
    Geabe
    hgf
    Fenraellis
    Nemrut
    Rubicon -> Aekiel
    Lungs
    Irene

Deadlist@d4.5 (7/23)
    dhulli
    Little Knee
    Fiat
    Lutris
    Kensington
    Vira
    Moridin

-

A mislynch is when both of the following happens

1. Someone is lynched and they die.
    2. They are innocent.

So it is impossible for a Vigilante kill to happen tonight because nobody died to the lynch on day 3.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2011
  10. Jon

What is this.

I don't even.

Why.

Why give up your roles. Even if we manage to kill the witches we'll have an invincible warlock on our hands and lose anyway.

11. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

I probably shouldn't, considering my circumstances, but I actually kind of agree with Jon on the principle of the matter.

Then again, you probably caught two Witches for the town, and will be killed by them tonight anyway, so it's not like I can Soul Steal you. Arguably a fair trade... except for the fact that if you had not revealed Vesvius earlier, I think your chance of being targeted for either lynch or night kill was probably pretty low, and you could have compared a known Anti-Town with anyone else you considered suspicious.

12. Vesvius

Vesvius High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Santi, before your last post I found your claim kinda funny. Now I just find it insulting.

If you actually were pro-town like you claim, you would have sat on that 'information', if only for the fact that you're an important town role and revealing yourself would set you straight in the warlock's sights. You would have waited until tommorrow, after the desperado (who I assume is alive) lynches Fen to give that up. Instead, you're role claiming and using that as evidence of my guilt.

My counter? My first thought would be to roleclaim. But despite one of previous posts, I actually do have a mildly important role and I'd like to survive long enough to have the town benefit from it. I'll be happy to claim once the warlock is killed.

So instead of claiming my role, I'm going to guess your actual role. You're scum, obviously. I'm going to say... Enchantress or Assassin. Being the Enchantress, you'd survive even if we chose to turn on you for your false claims. Being the Assassin, you'd actively hurt us if you died. Hell, you might even be Necromancer. My guess is the actual Mad Scientist was killed in the night, and that's why you can claim it without fear of a counter.

So yeah. I'll be happy to claim later, after it won't get me killed.

Vote on Silens stands.

13. Irene

Irene Seventh Year DLP Supporter Retired Staff DLP Gold Supporter

Honestly, Silens, Vira, Santi, what is this I don't even...

Santi's claim is most suspicious, because after us REPEATEDLY telling people NOT to roleclaim, he still did it, so either a) He's a retard or b) He's a retard.

As it stands, sorry, Silens, we really don't want soul-steal for Fen.

14. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

In fairness though, after today and tonight the town's population drops to 14, with... well, I'll just say "several," Witches remaining. Potentially four innocents will have died(presuming Moridin was innocent, I can't really remember much of anything from him off the top of my head) in one day, rather than two as normal capacity.

Alternately... I could possibly queue up a Soul Steal on whomever is appropriate (such as The Santi, if he is the Mad Scientist)so he dies the moment the day begins, if the Witches are willing to leave him alone to pursue another target...;)

-----

That said, there are two problems with your post, Vesvius. First, The Santi would have to survive two nights, since the Desperado actually causes the day-lynch, thus that day ends, and we don't get Twilight in the "Hunt" games. Second, well, involves information that would directly hinder certain plans that are not my own, so I'll withhold it.(If people actually even believed me, hah!

Last edited: Oct 21, 2011
  15. Irene

Irene Seventh Year DLP Supporter Retired Staff DLP Gold Supporter

Look, Mr. Fen-I'm an ass-llis, stop annoying us with all this 'I know something you don't NYAH NYAH NYAH". Let me lay this down for you.

Currently, we don't give a shit about your opinions. However, there are 4 outcomes if you choose to tell us whatever info.

1) You are telling the truth, no one believes you, town gets killed, you benefit.

2) You are telling the truth, people believe you, scum gets killed, you have less competition.

3) You are telling lies, we don't believe you, nothing happens since we already know you're warlock.

4) You are telling lies, we believe you, we get wrong information, scum kills town off slowly, you can still benefit (If you play your cards right)

In 2 can lead to 4. 4 can cause people to role-reveal to prove you wrong. So, if you still refuse to tell us whatever it is that you're dangling around, stop being an annoying dick and just not mention it at all.

16. Geabe

Geabe Guest

Fenraellis, why don't you stop trying to screw us over and messing with our heads? Everyone, here are the facts.

You need people to reveal their roles, in order to Soulsteal them and continue living.

Silens Cursor and The Santi have both claimed roles. Whether they are accurate, we do not know.

Fenraellis will probably try to Soulsteal The Santi tomorrow.

I am going to jump into an assumption.

Jon's claim of Irene's innocence is true. Irene's Lover claim is true.

This would make Fenraellis effectively immortal as long as he keeps Soulstealing, and I think he knows that best of all.

So people, let us stop revealing roles. Unless you are a role which can Kill the Rogue Warlock and can achieve that without the Rogue Warlock preempting it.

Right now, we can confirm that the Dirty Old Bastard has Died.

Leaving out Dirty Old Bastard.

Lover Lynch, I do not know. If Irene was telling the truth about her Lover status, then we will be left with three options.

Either the Desperado dies to Lynch the Rogue Warlock, or the Witches Kill Fenraellis off, once he has Soulstealed unsuccessfully.

I do not count not Soulstealing as an option. Not Soulstealing simply resigns the Rogue Warlock to get Killed using one of these four remaining options.

---------- Post automerged at 11:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 AM ----------

Meanwhile, let me state my suspicions.

Silens Cursor, The Santi, and Lungs.

Silens Cursor: dhulli could have been the Spiritualist and you have gotten the Spiritualist's power. You can role-claim, knowing that Town would Lynch you in order to prevent the Warlock Soulstealing you. In return the Warlock loses his protection, but many role-claims in order to clear the situation up would give the Warlock protection.

Alternatively, you could have false-claimed and given Protection Targets which seem legit, just to get people to role-claim, which actually happened.

If you were true-claiming, then I do not know what to say, except: Why would you want to allow the Warlock to Soulsteal more people?

The Santi: You have come out as the Mad Scientist. Again, why allow the Rogue Warlock to live longer? If you are NOT the Mad scientist, then you claim just to draw suspicion on high-profile players, which would indicate you are not of the Town faction.

Lungs: Your posts have struck me as odd, especially after the other Hunt Games. You are not as, for want of a better word, flippant as before, which leads me to suspect you of either a powerful role (Priest, maybe? Or another strong role?), or you being of a non-Town faction as well, and you are trying to be careful.
    You have also called for analysis, and, in Warlock Hunt, that is almost the same as asking for high-chance role possibilities. That knowledge is beneficial to the Witches who can collaborate when deciding who to Kill.

17. MattSilver

MattSilver The Traveller

Vote Player: Vesvius.

I'm backing Santi's play here. Even if he gets SS'd for it, I think it's still legit information. Vesvius seems the safer bet, rather than picking between Silens and Gaebe. I'd vote to lynch Geabe next, too. Silens is being a bit of a twat, but I don't think he's scum... But if he digs himself into a hole, and gets that last lynch vote, then good for him, he's a bad Spiritualist. I'd still say we lynch Geabe after Ves gets taken down.

18. Lungs

Lungs KT Loser ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Gaebe: Okay, I've dropped my idiot-mask that I used to play scum. *shrug*

I mean, there's a bunch of reasons to suspect someone who claims he wants to figure out how various people vote and why, right? *eye roll*

I'm trying to play a cautious Town here, and your meta-gaming is making it difficult for me to get people to slip up. D8

19. Jon

Fuck Vesvius and Geabe we'll deal with them AFTER we stop Silens and Santi from being SS'ed.

You know what's going to happen?

Everytime he successfully soulsteals someone he gets an extra "No Vote" Right now his wide has 3 votes. After tomorrow, no matter what happens. Every single day we waste with them alive means the warlock is that much closer to being untouchable.

How can you not see this? Fuck the witches. If your information is legit then we can kill them as soon as, you know people aren't lining up to fuck us over by role revealling. I swear to fuck, I'm half convinced that Matt is the Thrall, Dhulli was the BoD. -_-

Don't think I didn't catch your little 'I'm just as guilty as Fen' joke line back a few pages Matt. :|

20. MattSilver

MattSilver The Traveller

No, okay. Jon, you have a point. I'm sorry I didn't want to lynch a guy who's very possibly, very very possibly, innocent and my mind didn't automatically go to stopping the feeding of the Warlock. So...

Rescind Vote.

Vote Player: Silens Cursor.

And if you need to point out that joke again, like Fen the fucking Warlock did in his grand theory post that I was the Warlock and you my thrall, I need to wonder if you didn't catch my reply: "I'll note that in my QT I wrote "and yes, I'm aware of the irony if Fen turns out to be the Warlock"." Yeesh.