1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

A Hunt of Thrones

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Lutris, Oct 24, 2011.

1. Lutris

Lutris Jarl Dovahkiin DLP Supporter

[​IMG]

------------------------------------

Day 3

-------------------------------------

The Old Bear is away on his ranging, but my fellow Maesters and their ravens keep me abreast of the comings and goings at King's Landing.

Only one word aptly describes the bloodshed in the city: Carnage.

Prominent names from all over the city are among the dead now. Great Houses have lost many loyal members, and the entire city mourns. I fear for the future of the Seven Kingdoms as blood is spilled far and wide, and the battle for the realm continues.

(Once more, character traits and descriptions have no bearing on their actual roles.)

-------------------------------------

Ashaya has died during the Night!
    Fiat has died during the Night!
    Taure has died during the Night!
    Necrule has died during the Night!
    Zeitgeist has died during the Night!

--------------------------------------

Active Player List
    :

1. Vira [R]
    2. Vesvius [R]
    3. KaiDASH [R]
    4. MattSilver [R]
    5. Palindrome [R]
    6. dhulli (1) <Irene>
    7. Kensington (5)
    8. jwlk (4)
    9. Lungs (4)
    10. Nemrut (3)
    11. Moridin (3)
    12. Klackerz (3)
    13. Riley (3)
    14. Kang (2)
    15. Aziraphale (2)
    16. Silens (2)
    17. Aekiel (4)
    18. Custer (1) <Naeblis>

Children of the Forest (graveyard):

1. Sesc
    2. Krogan
    3. Taure
    4. Ashaya
    5. Fiat
    6. Necrule
    7. Zeitgeist

Reserve Player List:

1. Jeram
    2. CrackedMind
    3. Yeagen

--------------------------------------

Day
    has begun. It will be Day for the next 48 hours or until a Lynch has been decided.

Infodumps will keep happening after I post this, so if you're an inforole, don't be alarmed if you don't have your info yet.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2011
  2. Vesvius

Vesvius High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

I'm going to take a stab and say that Krogan was innocent. I'm counting two night kills, a direwolf kill, a vigilante kill, and one more. Anyone know what that extra one is?

3. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

Lutris, question:

Does the vigilante counter go up if someone is innocent and gets lynched, but doesn't die?

4. Lutris

Eeyup. If they were innocent, and got Lynched, that's still a mislynch even if they didn't die.

5. Kensington

Kensington Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Quick question: Does it count as a mislynch if we fail to lynch anyone Lutris?

6. MattSilver

MattSilver The Traveller

Ditto this. I feel like I'm missing something. But still, five kills. Five people's posts to go over, then, to look for things that stand out.

7. Moridin

Moridin Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Convert kill? Seeing as it can't be Warden or Bastard Cousin, that was my assumption.

8. KaiDASH

Ok trying to piece night together now that the possibility of a vigilante kill is confirmed

1. Vigilante kill on fiat - he died. Fiat must have been the MoD or Winterfell scum, because Krogan was the Sellsword, and the Mountain doesn't die to a Vigilante kill. Actually thinking more, Fiat can't have been winterfell scum because there was too many kills happen last night (Direwolf kill *must* have happened for anything to make sense).
    2-4. Direwolf (1), Winterfell (2), Dragonstone (3) makes up the other confirmable kills.

I'll have to check the rules to see what the last remaining kill could have been but from memory, the only possibilities are a Dragonstone convert kill or the Warden.

If it was a warden kill, the only possible player it could have been is Sesc (i think), since only he and Krogan were dead going into night 2.

Lutris, question again: If the Warden died on night 2, they do not make their kill until night 3, true/false?

9. Moridin

The Bastard Cousin didn't declare, so it would have to be the Convert Kill or the Warden kill.

The Warden kill would only apply if Sesc was the Warden, ofc.

10. Lutris

You can't mislynch if you didn't have a lynch target to begin with.

True.

11. Alindrome

Alindrome A bigger, darker mark DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Well, this is interesting. A lot of people died - so I guess that means Fiat is confirmed as MoD? That's great to know. I suppose we must have lost Zeit because of his comments the other night; hopefully he was just bluffing in his softclaim, and we haven't actually lost one of our most important roles so soon in the game.

So, it's been a while, and let's move on with the day. Vesvius has stood out the most to me so far - plenty of his comments seemed like he was trying hard to make us think he's town, and it just seems off. Kai stood out to me earlier, but I thought that would have been because he's the MoD, considering he looked like he was fishing for roles.

I'll go with the guy who seems most fishy for me for now; hopefully we can get a bit more discussion going.

Deadline Vote: Vesvius

12. KaiDASH

Fishing for roles? With questions like these?

Alrighty then :\

So now that the MoD is dead, what should town do?

13. Alindrome

Alindrome A bigger, darker mark DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Not with the questions, Kai. With the actions. Your plan included confirming that Fiat was a certain role if he was town. It was preferable to the town just lynching him anyway, though, so I'm not concerned about that.

As for what the town should do now that MoD is dead - same as it would before MoD died; lynch the people who look most suspicious. Only now we know we're a little safer than before with the MoD out of the picture.

14. KaiDASH

So my plan which involved killing a scum if they are scum, but not killing a townie if he is townie... was what?

It's not really fishing if as a side effect of the most optimal thing to do, his role gets confirmed.

._.

15. Vesvius

Vesvius High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Alright, I was hoping to ignore this for a while, but if people who aren't Vira or Custer decide to start voting for me, then I'd better take care of this now.

If you want to vote for me, go ahead. That might actually be beneficial later on in the game. Do it tommorrow, actually. A few people will be pissed, but I think it'll be beneficial to the town as a whole.

But don't vote for me because you think I'm scum. I can safely say that I'm not scum. I have, however, played scum twice before. Most of you have seen or played in DE2 or Warlock Hunt. In DE2, I didn't come up as suspicious until the very end and in Warlock Hunt, the only reason I was outed was because of a strange freak turn of events involving Vira being stupid and Santi picking the exact wrong combination of targets for me. If I was scum here, trust me, I could've kept myself from being suspcted for at least another week.

Flimsy evidence, but true.

Now I'd like to bring attention to another person, one who is highly suspect to me. And that person is... Custer. My reasons?

From my QT:

Beware the people who follow along, I say. They're usually the scum riding along while your actions are in their favor.

Mordin also hits my scumdar for the same reasons, minus the 'I welcome an investigation'.

So yeah. To sum up: I'm not scum, Custer probably is.

Standard Vote: Custer

16. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Okay, we have some confirmed roles now.

Fiat - Mother of Dragons.
    Krogan - Sellsword.
    Sesc - Warden of the West.
    Ashaya/Taure/Necrule - Whore.

I'm inclined to believe the Whores would go somewhere tonight since there isn't really any reason to fake it at this point. I'd probably point to Ashaya as the Whore at this point, due to her stratagem for playing it on the very first page. That doesn't seem like a plan most people would put thought into if they didn't have the role.

That means we're down three confirmed town players for one confirmed scum. This is not a good ratio we're working on here.

Of Zeitgeist I'm disinclined to believe that he was the Hand. Or at least I hope not. What I think he was trying to do was set himself up for a lynch on the second day, possibly counting on protection from the Children to get through the night and make himself look guilty. I think he was the Maiden. If not and he really was the Hand, good going bright spark.

Necrule I have nothing on. Naeblis didn't really make an impression on me before he left and I can't recall a single one of Necrule's posts at this point. I'll have to go back through the thread and have a look at them, but I think this may be a case of scum lynching lurkers.

17. Moridin

Vesvius: Moridin.

Makes sense, except that I genuinely haven't come up with any plans like KaiDASH did, so there wouldn't be anything for me to say if I wasn't discussing other people's ideas. And I was pretty vocal about lynching on the first day, it's what got Taure suspicious after all.

No votes for now.

18. KaiDASH

This post. All of my what.

Also, all of my:

Standard Vote: Moridin

I'm pretty happy with what Vesvius had to say, so I won't be voting for him unless either 1. he derps baaaaaaad or 2. someone puts forward a very compelling case.

19. Klackerz

Klackerz Bridgeburner

Palindrome seems more suspicious the more she posts

In interest of moving the game forward.

Deadline Vote:palindrome

20. MattSilver

MattSilver The Traveller

Lots of people to choose from, and while my natural hate-on for KaiDASH makes me want to vote for him, we have too many options already. From those presented... Custer doesn't give me anymore than a fanatic vibe (Sorta like Kai, but less severe) and I think he's pro-town, Ves doesn't read as off, but I'll keep an eye, Palindrome is suspicious-y, come to think of it, and Moridin feels much the same. No voting yet. Wanna see someone derp hard first, or present a compelling case. Come to think of it, I might make one for Kai (Lol jk).