1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

A Hunt of Thrones

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Lutris, Oct 24, 2011.

1. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I agree with Vesvius more than Kai on this, since I've been suspicious of Custer since his 'I welcome a check' post.

Also, my being alive right now casts a suspicious light on KaiDASH and Custer. I expected to be killed pretty quickly for being outspoken, like Fiat was, but there hasn't even been an attempt on my life. I'm almost insulted. Since this is true and the Mother of Dragons is dead, I would say that I'm being deliberately kept alive so that my death wouldn't incriminate either KaiDASH or Custer.

It's hazy logic, I know, but when you play these games often enough double bluffs like that become the norm.

2. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Wait, wait, who said the Mother of Dragons died? Where's the proof?

3. Aekiel

High Score:
    Fiat's death confirms it.

He could have been one of five roles due to his survival of the first night: Mountain That Rides, Mother of Dragons or one of the three Winterfell roles (because their direwolf protects them).

Fiat was killed on night two, which means he couldn't be the Mountain. There were five kills during the night, which means the direwolf is still alive, so he couldn't be one of the Winterfell lot. Thus he must have been the Mother of Dragons, and been killed by the Kingslayer.

4. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

Krogan is town (so fiat can't be the sellsword), we're assuming that Winterfell made a direwolf kill last night (so fiat can't be any winterfell), and fiat can't be the mountain because he would have survived the kingslayer kill.

Which leaves the only role he could possibly be as the MoD.

Also Aekiel, that's pretty close to the most ridiculous thing I've ever read. 'I am still alive so these guys are probably scum'. wtf (also, 3:30am so running off now).

---------- Post automerged at 03:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:28 AM ----------

edit by double post

aekiel's #361 post, not #363

5. Moridin

Moridin Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Uhh... what?

6. Aekiel

High Score:
    I die early. The only time I get to the end is when I'm scum. I did mention that it was hazy logic, but it should be thrown out there because scum leaving the ones they're arguing with alive is a common tactic in this game.

7. KaiDASH

Did you not consider that we were both left alive so that we could have a town fight with the end result being one of us getting lynched?

8. Aekiel

High Score:
    Could be, if that's the case why did Zeitgeist die last night? The way he was going he'd have ended up hanging from a tree a couple of hours after dawn.

9. Klackerz

Klackerz Bridgeburner

I really now think one of you or maybe both of you are scum.

10. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I am with Klackerz on this one, both of you seem pretty suspicious. Aekiel a bit more for his weird post.

11. Kang

Kang Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Add some fake conflict and hey presto!

Christ that was a bloodbath last night and for my part im suspicious of Custer's posts.

12. Aekiel

High Score:
    I'm just saying that since I'm a frequent poster this round and I'm not scum, it's odd that I haven't been killed. Fiat, my counterpoint for aggressive posting in this game, was targeted for killing the first night. That suggests to me that one of the scum factions is playing aggressively, so why am I still here? There was a practical orgy of violence last night and one of the most talkative players wasn't targeted.

I know I'm not scum, but I've been arguing pretty heavily with KaiDASH and Custer, and a very common tactic in mafia games is to keep one argumentative person alive to act as patsy for later in the game. I just want to turn this around on the scum for once and point out that not killing people is as popular a tactic as killing is.

13. KaiDASH

You don't just agree that you're suspicious and then just do nothing about it, that's just terrible.

I think if zeit was claiming what I think he was claiming, we wouldn't have lynched him (at least I certainly wouldn't have, no matter how derpy he was being).

You know... namedropping the Mother of Dragons is probably a bad idea when you're trying to tell everyone how innocent you are.

As far as not killing you goes, I think scum would be fine leaving you alive seeing as you're being so ineffective at scumhunting.

>I am alive so these other guys must be scum

14. Lungs

Lungs KT Loser ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Tbh, I agree with Klackerz. One, or both of you, are scum. This is fake, or real, conflict. I'm relatively certain that Kai isn't the same faction of scum as Aekiel. I'm not a fan of being lynch-happy, but I'm relatively certain that people hit Zeit because he went against Kai. D8

15. Moridin

Moridin Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Except that I did. Vesvius said thst I hadn't been putting forth plans, and I said that that's because I haven't had any. He said that I was being subtle, and I pointed out that I had been under suspicion for vocally supporting first day lynching. All I said was that his reasons for suspecting me seem valid, which is important because I don't think he's scum for doing so. Accepting that he has valid reasons and then defending myself isn't really all that terrible. Not every disagreement has to be a caustic one.

16. Lutris

Lutris Jarl Dovahkiin DLP Supporter

The activity level in this thread is disheartening.

To that end, this is a list of how many posts each of you have made in this thread:

Those of you in the single digits. Post more. If you're not all over 12 posts by the end of Day 3 (just over 26 hours), I'm going to start modkilling, from the bottom of the list up. And KEEP posting after that too. This is a game where you discuss things, not watch from the sidelines as a couple of people decide things for you!

Get on it, you thundercunts. D8

Last edited: Oct 30, 2011
  17. KaiDASH

Just had a quick reread, Aekiel is definitely selectively editing history as far as me and him "arguing pretty heavily" goes.

Since on day 2 we had exactly 1 exchange (posts 315->318) which is not even an argument as far as things go, and on day 1 we also talked some but seeing as it was a discussion that I actively wanted to have (merits of judge lynch vs no) I don't see how that could reflect badly either way when we're both alive now (or one of us gets dead, or whatever).

Combined with the way that he's been trying to get a lynch train started on me without casting the first vote makes me think really really badly of him.

Rescind Vote

Standard Vote: Aekiel

---------- Post automerged at 12:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:42 PM ----------

Well my vote is off you for now anyway, but just passively agreeing and not doing anything actively protown (putting forward initiatives, scumhunting, whatever) makes me think bad.

18. MattSilver

MattSilver The Traveller

Okay, what the fuck am I reading. Aekiel is looking really, really, scummy. Or stupid. I feel the need for a Fry meme image for this.

That logic does not endear yourself to me at all, man.

And Kai and Moridin aren't looking any better, but killing Aek first sounds preferable.

Standard Vote: Aekiel.

19. Lungs

Lungs KT Loser ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Yeah. Tbh, I don't think this lynch vote needs to be justified. Clear scum is Standard Vote: Aekiel.

Night, folks. I won't be posting again for a bit. :3

20. Vesvius

Vesvius High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Alright, alright. Aekiel is coming off as suspicious as fuck, but Kai's pretty up there too.

After we lynch Aekiel, I maintain we should go after Custer before we go after Moridin.

Rescind Vote
    Standard Vote: Aekiel