1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

A Hunt of Thrones

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Lutris, Oct 24, 2011.

1. Riley

Riley Alchemist DLP Supporter

I don't like the fact that people are attempting to pull a bangwagon. I'm still not entirely convinced that the MoD was killed off during the night, there's a slight chance that they were passed over, especially since we won't know until the end because of the no role-reveal thing. There's a good chance that we got them, but until the end of the game I'm playing as if the MoD is still alive. That being said, I don't understand the "fake argument" that was started. Maybe I'm just paranoid but I can't tell if it's real or fake. I'll wait to vote until I see the vote update, for now though, I'll hop the bandwagon if only to move things forward a little bit.

Deadline Vote: Aekiel

2. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

Work through the chain of events starting with the following fact

1. A Kingslayer kill happened, which tells us Krogan was innocent.

(and no, I'm not working through the chain of events again because myself and several others have already done so[/i])

The only possible conclusion is that Krogan was the Sellsword AND Fiat was the MoD.

If you can come up with something different, I'm all ears.

3. Speakers

Speakers Backtraced

Aekiel seems to be asking to get lynched or night killed. I am not entirely sure why. At this point, too many people have just off and died with too little being discussed. There's not enough evidence to start lynching anyone at this point...except those acting really stupidly i.e. Aekiel. He might actually be the bloodrider and just want out at this point.

Regardless, Standard Vote: Aekiel

4. Kensington

Kensington Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Huh, I go away, watch some football, drink some beer and come back to a bandwagon against Aekiel.

On one hand - I agree to an extent - Aekiel is scummy. I was tempted to try to start something against him during Day 1, but after my Team Lynch Irene antics I decided that frivolous lynchings wouldn't be proper. I believe the only times Aekiel has survived past the first few rounds he was anti-town.

On the other hand, since Day 1, Kang struck me as suspicious. He still is, and I still think he is scum. His posts have an aggressive tone to them, which strike me as similar in tone to Jon's posts from WH. Damn you Jon. That said, there is no explicit smoking gun against Kang, and I could be simply over-analyzing his posts.

For now....

Deadline Vote: Kang

5. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Well, I didn't want to come out with this so early in the game, but my attempt to incriminate KaiDASH with a meagre amount of subtlety failed spectacularly.

I'm the Hand of the King and I checked Kai on the first night, he's scum, and Zeitgeist on the second night, which obviously failed. I figured he may have been the Maiden or the Spider, since he hinted at being the Hand.

---------- Post automerged at 12:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 PM ----------

That's the reason I've been shouting for as much information as possible to be gathered, because otherwise I have little to base my checks on but gut feeling. Kai crushed that thought however with his Boy King lynch idea, and you know what, we're not better off for it. We've killed the Mother of Dragons, but we're down three confirmed town roles for that one. Sesc as the Warden, Krogan as the Sellsword and the Whore, whoever it was.

---------- Post automerged at 12:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 PM ----------

Plus the Winterfell lot are all still alive, direwolf included, so we're facing at most 8 scum players (possibly less). With up to three NKs per night (if one of the Winterfell lot don't get hit during the night) we're going to be whittled down fairly damn quickly. Then there is of course Azor Ahai Reborn, and the Bastard Cousin allowing Dragonstone two extra kills over the course of the game.

This game isn't biased towards town at all, so we've got to be very efficient in who we lynch, and I'm telling you now that KaiDASH is scum.

Standard Vote: KaiDASH

6. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Will wait a bit before casting my vote to see if anyone is going to counterclaim.

7. Kensington

Aekiel: I have a question for you. You've stated repeatedly that the Whore is dead. Just...how did you come to that conclusion? Granted, the Whore did nothing during the last night phase, but with players who appear to be afk (Azirafail, Silens) one of them could have been the whore. And according to Lutris, the Whore isn't required to whore every night phase.

8. KaiDASH

Firstly, you're really off the mark with the role Zeit was trying to roleclaim, which was The Queen, and secondly... if you thought he was town role A or town role B, why would you check him at all. Thirdly, you can't be the Hand because I'm innocent.

There's a few reasons that I was really unhappy with Zeit yesterday, the major reason being that Zeit couldn't possibly be the Queen, because that's my role. =\

I checked Krogan as Sellsword after he survived the Judge lynch and received true. After Fiat survived a NK, seeing several people vote to lynch Krogan AND knowing that Fiat was far more likely to be scum than town (+ One of his potential roles LIVES through a normal lynch) I decided not to out myself in an attempt to save Krogan, who at that point was a functionally vanilla town and instead utilize Krogan's death as a makeshift DoB kill via the Kingslayer.

It worked, Kingslayer got a kill and Fiat died, so over the course of day 1 and day 2 we effectively lynched 1 vanilla townie and the Mother of Dragons. Which as far as I'm concerned is a giant success, seeing as we had no real public info to go off.

As for night kills, they're effectively out of the hands of town and aren't something that should even be factored in to considerations (other than 'town is this close to potentially losing'). Just bringing it up at all is just scare tactics to try to get people to believe you.

At this point, normally I'd be voting to lynch you - But my vote is already exactly where I want it to be.

---------- Post automerged at 10:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 PM ----------

edit by double post:

tl;dr: Aekiel's claim is clearly the work of cornered scum

9. Vesvius

Vesvius High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Hm. If the MoD really is dead, then I suppose roleclaiming only has it's usual "Drawing the scum down ya" effect. You both could be falseclaiming, of course, but if you were you choose two roles that can be checked.

If the Kingslayer or the Imp's Wife could step forward, that'd be just awesome.

10. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Because I see no reason for the Whore to not go somewhere last night other than because they are dead. Sowing confusion is good and all, but at this point all it does is make the town think there are more scum than if the whores had gone somewhere. That's not beneficial to the town at this stage, so I leapt to the conclusion that they were dead.

I checked him because he was being suspicious and I'd already checked you. Honestly, I should have thought it through better than I did, but I figured that since he was looking very likely to be lynched I could secure his innocence and start the bandwagon against you. Of course that counted on him living through the night. I had hoped that the Children would protect him because of his softclaim, but I hoped wrong apparently.

That'll be easy to clear up if the Kingslayer comes forward and debunks you, since he shares a qt with the Queen. I know it's setting him up for a nightkill, but if the Children protect him over me (assuming I'm not lynched) it would take Dragonstone claiming Azor Ahai to pierce the protection, in which case we have a definite lynch target for tomorrow.

Although I am taking this as confirmation that the Queen is already dead, since Dragonstone get the roles of those that have died in the night. This also points to you as a Dragonstone player, rather than Winterfell.

I agree that Krogan was the Sellsword, but you were the one who advocated lynching him more than anyone else in your plan to kill Fiat. That put me on edge, as you saw when we had our little discussion. It also meant that the town didn't have to think through the repercussions of lynching Krogan other than to kill off one of the scum.

Lynch one town, down the Mother. It looks a good deal on paper, but apart from that your plan effectively killed discussion on the second day for who else could be scum. Looking at it day by day you have very much removed the majority of the information we could have gathered through lynches and the following night kills. I disagreed with the idea on day one and I disagree with it now. You've been steering the town from the start and I know you're guilty so I know you are not doing it for the town's ends.

I disagree. The effect of lynching Krogan and pointing the Kingslayer at Fiat (no matter how well it worked out) means the scum had a free hand for moving against anyone they wanted without serious repercussion. Look at who has been night killed so far: Sesc, Zeitgeist, Taure, Ashaya and Necrule.

Of those only Zeitgeist was a prolific poster, the rest being mostly quiet. Zeitgeist's death can easily be explained by his softclaim of the Hand/Spider, but the rest, I surmise, were killed because they wouldn't point to you or Winterfell in any meaningful way, which is another result of your town steering to minimise information gathering.

Those are my explanations, take them as you will.

---------- Post automerged at 02:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 PM ----------

Also yes, if the Imp's Wife could come forward I would greatly appreciate it.

11. Silens Cursor

Silens Cursor The Silencer DLP Supporter

I don't post for a few days because we broke to semi-finals, and a shitstorm breaks out. Fantastic.

As much as KaiDASH seems unbelievably scummy to me, Aekiel's role-claim comes off as desperate, and frankly, I just don't really buy it. The only real evidence he brought forward to support himself is an accusation against Kai and an unverifiable claim. I'm sorry, but I'm going to need more, one way or another, if you want to truly deflect my suspicion.

12. Kang

Kang Denarii Host DLP Supporter

With the MoD dead we can safely role claim again. I suppose the question now would be that when the imp's wife comes out is it the real one? Or is it a scum faking becauase they already killed her?

13. MattSilver

MattSilver The Traveller

That. All of that.

And that. We can only hope for scum THAT stupid.

14. KaiDASH

You thinking him suspicious (so you check him) + thinking Children would think he is legit (so they would protect him) are two entirely contrary things. It's very easy to say 'oh I should have thought that through' and try to brush it off, but it's immediately clear that you were unable to think things through sufficiently because you just made all that up on the spot.

Why would the Children want to protect a 3 day Kingslayer (since in your world, the Queen is already dead) over 'The Hand'.

It should be immediately obvious what Zeit was trying to claim and why I was so unhappy about the whole thing.

Say we lynched Fiat yesterday instead of lynching Krogan. This is what could have happened (discounting that we know Fiat's role now):

20% Chance: Lynch an important townie (The mountain) -> Bad result + Kingslayer gets to make a kill and has nfi who to target
    60% Chance: Lynch a winterfell scum -> Good result
    20% Chance: Lynch the MoD (But it'd bounce) -> Bad result (because fiat would be able to make a sacrifice today, and maybe he'd be successful)

Compared to lynching Krogan (from my point of view)

20% chance: Lynch a powerless townie and bounce a Kingslayer kill off of the mountain -> Fiat is hardconfirmed as town without anybody else needing to make a roleclaim
    60% chance: Lynch a powerless townie and Kingslayer kills a winterfell scum -> Good result
    20% chance: Lynch a powerless townie and Kingslayer kills the MoD AND the MoD is unable to do anything about this.

Lynching Krogan was the better thing to do no matter what, especially since had we decided to lynch fiat (or someone else), Krogan would have been a persistent issue everyday.

It's not my fault if town can't be bothered to plan for future days - I definitely did my part to try to encourage that. And just going to call out your doubtcasting by making it sound like I have some way of directly influencing scum nk targets.

The scum... are free to kill whoever they want no matter who we lynch? (unless we completely eliminate the winterfell/dragonstone factions by lynching, which was impossible at that point).

And as far as I'm concerned, there already have been serious repercussions towards scum: You've gone and made your play at least.

Yes, because I have full power to decide every nk target, even ones that originate from town or from opposing scum factions (since in your world, I'm winterfell). (also, facepalm.jpg).

15. Riley

Riley Alchemist DLP Supporter

I don't like it, but I see your point Kai, however all this role claiming is setting me on edge, mainly because there are still people out there who can NK and the Children can only protect one of us. I'll stick with Aekiel for now, but if shit goes down like the last night and we lose four people, you're next on my hit list.

16. Lutris

Lutris Jarl Dovahkiin DLP Supporter

Update

Vote Tally:

Aekiel: 10 (8+2) | KaiDASH, MattSilver, Vesvius, dhulli, Palindrome, Vira, Lungs, Kensington, Riley (D), Moridin (D)
    Palindrome: 1 (0+1) | Klackerz (D)
    KaiDASH: 1 (1+0) | Aekiel

12 Players have cast their votes. 12 Players have attempted to vote. 9 Votes are required for a majority. 6 Players have not voted.

Also you guys better start posting more (I listed you guys' posting records in a previous post), or I'll be forced to start replacing/modkilling you guys.

Don't make this game unfun D8

Last edited: Oct 30, 2011
  17. Moridin

Moridin Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

If nothing else, roleclaiming can put people at risk from the Red Priestess as well.

Imo, having the Mother of Dragons dead is a pretty good deal in exchange for town being a little blind for a couple of days. As the previous few pages show, people still have some pretty good ideas about who is scum, so it's not like there's been a complete dearth of information.

As for the rest of Aekiel's post, it reads rather thrown together, tbh. Azor Azhai and the Bastard Cousin both require reveals, so we can and will counter that. I'm still not sure what the 'repercussions' of lynching Krogan were, seeing as we'd have lynched Fiat otherwise - and not only would that have wasted a lynch, it wouldn't even have allowed the Kingslayer to take him down.

What exactly would you suggest? I think it's great to have the MoD out of the game so early. How would lynching someone else have serious repercussions? By looking at who the dead person voted for? The scum are too smart to be that obvious. See who they agreed with then? They are hardly going to leave any obvious ties to the people anyway, unless of course there is a dangerous role reveal they feel is worth the risk - something that shouldn't be happening since, at this point, the MoD is still alive.

---------- Post automerged at 09:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 PM ----------

Also,

Deadline Vote: Aekiel

18. Alindrome

Alindrome A bigger, darker mark DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Wow, this turned ugly fast. Both Aekiel and Kai look like scum; now we just need to pick one to lynch.

Something that stood out to me today was this:

So you're saying you're unhappy at someone trying to roleclaim you when the MoD was still kicking around? Sure.

Kai's looked scummy from the start - he's been playing just like he does when he's scum in this game, right down to asking questions and pretending that he is looking out for the town.

Aekiel, on the other hand, looks like scum claiming Hand in a desperate attempt to avoid being lynched.

So, now it's down to the Rebecca Black conundrum: which scum do I choose?

Rescind Vote

Standard Vote: Aekiel

19. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I don't really know who to choose between, but I guess we can just lynch Kai after lynching Aekiel.

20. Kensington

Dammit, it looks like no one is going to listen to my gut and follow me in lynching Kang. At least this phase.

Aekiel - you're right in one respect - Kai is definitely playing something here. He's either the best Queen since uh (insert witty name), or he's scum. However, I sure as hell think you're scum too. If I had to make a guess, I'd reckon that you were the Red Priestess, since you "know" that the Whore died last round.

Rescind Vote