1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Star Wars: The Old Republic

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Innomine, Oct 22, 2008.

1. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

I got a Beta-Tester invite and am downloading the game, but I doubt I'll have time to try it out. That makes me sad.

2. Darth Disaster

Darth Disaster The Waking Sith ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Sigh, I waited through 3196 other people. And now that I am in queue positon 101, It has moved 4 spots in 20 DAMN MINUTES.

-facepalm-

It's going to be damned saturday before I get ingame.

3. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    I got the beta invite for an account I'd created a long time ago, but I probably won't be able to play it. Not in my own computer, at least.
    Could pass it to someone else that wants though , is that possible?

4. Agnostics Puppet

Agnostics Puppet Professor

I believe so. So long as you dont decide to play too and try and log on from YOUR computer.

5. stormfury

stormfury Unspeakable

If you need someone to take it, I would gladly test the hell out of the beta for ya >.>

6. Howdy

Howdy Dark Lord

How the hell do you download this bitch? I got the email and went to the site to update my account info, but I'm basically stuck at this point. It's early and I'm still tired, but I can't be that retarded, right?

7. Myduraz

Myduraz Headmaster DLP Supporter

Howdy, you most probably got the same invite everyone got. The invite for a 'future' beta test weekend. Read your mail, if the dates isn't specified to 11-13th or General Game testing in the first paragraph, it's not happening this weekend.

8. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

Only really had time to play up through level 4 before the guilt of not-working got to me, but so far... it's a lot of fun actually. It has a more "single player" feel to it than WoW ever did, which I like, though it is eerily similar to WoW in other ways (such as the interface). Probably both smart moves on their part.

9. stormfury

stormfury Unspeakable

The beta test is available to dl for this weekend right now.

You can also see the beta forums, too.

Edit: I hope you accepted around the time I posted this, because soon after emails went out announcing it, and announcing they were doing a staggered invite process where the people who rsvp'd first get in first >.>

Last edited: Nov 21, 2011
  10. coleam

coleam Death Eater

I haven't had an email since the "You've been invited, etc" one a week and a half ago. Nothing about rsvping or anything.

11. stormfury

stormfury Unspeakable

Go to swtor.com/tester and rsvp there.

You are fucked for this weekend test otherwise, as its already been about 7 hours since the mass email I got went out, and it's been open for rsvping apparently since yesterday evening according to reddit.

Considering its first come first serve, and if you are not in the first wave of people who rsvp'd, you don't get in until Saturday morning (or Sunday morning for the really unlucky people in the third wave), you really should get on that.

12. coleam

coleam Death Eater

Would have been nice if they'd said something about needing to rsvp.../sarcasm

That said, I won't really be able to play until Saturday night/Sunday morning anyways, so no big deal.

Edit: And of course, it won't let me log from the launcher to actually download the game, and the link to activate my account doesn't work because everyone and their mom is using it. Looks like I won't be testing since I'll be out of town from tomorrow morning til Saturday night and I'll have to spend all day Sunday downloading the friggin' 20 gigs worth of game files. Provided I can even get the launcher to work, of course.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2011
  13. kalespr

kalespr Fourth Year

For whatever reason, they don't seem to have been sending out emails about this particular weekend. Previous weekend's emails gave the notice about having to rsvp for each invitation.

The download is also closer to 30GB, a few of my friends got caught out by that in past weeknds; in either thinking their downloading finished, or not pre-arranging enough drive space.

14. Erandil

Erandil Minister of Magic

Yeah.. got a place for the next weekend....and time to play too.

15. Master-666

Master-666 Third Year

My invite I recently got didn't have any dates on it or indication that it was just for a weekend, although, my internet has chosen the perfect few weeks to decide to go slow, downloading the beta files at 180 kb/s is is excruciating. Good Job I have Skyrim to keep me company.

Edit: Hmm, can't play it, must just be for the weekend. Also I apparently missed this line "You will receive an e-mail later this week containing your start date and time" /facepalm.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2011
  16. stormfury

stormfury Unspeakable

The download is only 18.5gigs.

Your folder just looks bigger because you didn't delete the past weekend stuff, and it all gets put in the same place.

17. Skykes

Skykes Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

I'm considering preordering as I am too impatient to wait for this weekend. Is it worth it guys?

By the way, the beta test is literately, just for the weekend, you wont be able to play after that.

18. stormfury

stormfury Unspeakable

not sure how preordering would effect waiting for this weekend, and its close enough to launch you'd probably not get into one of the earlier days for early access, but from what I've experienced of the game it's worth preordering.

19. coleam

coleam Death Eater

Still can't log in to the launcher. Got my testing date (10 am Friday, not that I can use it), but it still tells me that there's no active subscription for my account. I've set and reset my password, same for my security questions, removed all odd characters from them, etc. About the only option I have left is calling support, but I don't have the time to wait on hold for 4+ hours.

20. stormfury

stormfury Unspeakable

the tester webpage has been down all day.

However there should be a link to dl the launcher.

If you have the launcher (and thus game) dl'd, you're golden.

As long as you actually rsvp'd a few days ago, at least.