1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Gotham - Draw (Demon Mayor Wins)

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Vesvius, Nov 15, 2011.

1. Vesvius

Vesvius High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

On thumbs: If you're alive, go nuts with the thumbs. If you're dead, don't.

---------- Post automerged at 01:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 AM ----------

And a rather big update:

Zeitgeist has decided that with his RL issues and his general mindset, he'd like to pull out for a few days. I'm going to allow it and approve a substitute.

Effective immediatly, Lungs is taking over Zeitgeist's role. If, in the next four days, Zeitgeist feels up to returning, he gets it back. If he does not, Lungs keeps it.

If I feel it's needed, I will extend the day another 24 hours to let everyone get accustomed to this new turn of events.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled Gotham, already in progress.

2. Eternity Lost

Eternity Lost Squib

I was about to try and get something happening around here but then I saw the extra day.

In defense of my voting early: to get a majority at the moment we need 16 votes to get a majority. If something doesn't happen quite early in the last day we run the risk of not getting a majority.

Especially as there are 2 players who haven't posted yet.

3. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Which is ridiculous and a very poor plan, I don't want to get a majority just so we can lynch someone at random when there is far far more than enough time for us to sit here and discuss who would be best to go with for today rationally. The fact that you seem to be pushing random lynching as early as possible instead of simply waiting and discussing it as a group is incredibly suspicious to me.

4. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

Disagree incredibly strongly with this. If you're replaced, you're replaced and that's for keeps.

5. Eternity Lost

Eternity Lost Squib

Not random lynching, but lynching based on suspicions, which is as good as we're going to get.

6. dead

dead Squib

You shouldn't settle for second best Eternity, though maybe you're used to it ;).

Lungs in the game should be cool, but Zeit was at least adding to the conversation.. will be sad to see him go.

7. Irene

Irene Seventh Year DLP Supporter Retired Staff DLP Gold Supporter

Kai, don't be an ass. Honestly. Zeit needs some time away from batmafia, but that doesn't mean he should be deprived of the chance to come back.

Vesvius, can the votes for Zeit be switched over to Lungs? As it is, I honestly believe that though Zeit really has IRL issues, his distress can be used to throw smoke-bombs over the rest. (Ergo, he may be distressed but he may still be scum. Though his distress is no longer a scum-tell now.)

Fair enough. So from what you're saying, you have a major role whose responsibility is killing you? And this role you also hate with a passion. So that means you're either Major Scum or Batman/The Question/other town power roles I can't really think of right now.

However. This:
    Alright, I've already told you why I'm dismissing Eternity for the time being (I'll come back to him). Krogan however, isn't one of the two who hasn't posted yet. Drawing attention to him instead of someone who still hasn't posted, say, 1and1is3, etc. (Not drawing attention to you either, sorry.) And Kai, well, Kai is pushing your buttons. He's not standing out as much (He was suspicious, yes, but I attributed to that of my general suspicion of certain old/established players.) especially after your rant.

Hence, the fact that at the end you attempted to draw attention to the few others who hasn't really aroused my suspicion does make you more suspicious. But enough about Zeit.

I hope you get better and come back soon though.

As it is though, I'd like to hear what Lungs has to say.

Edit: Oh, and Kai, why ARE you so mean to Zeit? He's right, you are being a little too mean and scummy-seeming.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2011
  8. dead

dead Squib

Idk how anyone can be mean to Squirtle. :colbert:

9. 1and1is3

1and1is3 First Year

But you have drawn attention to me :/

I have nothing worth mentioning to post except to observe and observe and lurk.

Especially when the current situation is just throwing suspicions on people.

On a side note, Vesvius, can you remove the rescinding of votes? It will be very messy.

10. Nae

Nae The Violent

I've skimmed over the thread and thus far, besides Zeit's bitching (C'mon dude), I don't see evidence pointing towards a certain individual yet. I'm hesitant to simply point fingers against more outspoken people like KaiDash or Irene, as that can be misleading, as previous games showed.

Fen went to the trouble to analyze who posted first in all the previous games? Well, having played with him before, I can honestly say that I'm not surprised. He plays obsessively, analyzing everything in excruciating detail, and this alone isn't the reason to be suspicious of him imo.

Unsure about Eternity Lost, Sacrifice etc. No idea how they behave. I agree with Palindrome that it's difficult to get a read on new players.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2011
  11. Klackerz

Klackerz Bridgeburner

I agree with this mainly because it's not fair to Lungs. He plays for four day and then suddenly get replaced. Why the fuck will he participate at all then?

12. KaiDASH

This is the reason. If lungs takes zeit's spot for 4-5 irl days (so like... 2 game days tops) then zeit wants his spot back, lungs is effectively out of the game since he can't replace anyone else (since he knows zeit's role + whatever info he might gain from zeits role).

13. Kang

Kang Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Holy outburst of crazy Zeitgeist! Dude stop using that drug called Charlie Sheen - your face will melt off.

14. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    If in doubt we could just lynch Zeit/Lungs. It seems to me that there's a good chance he's scum based on how 'pressurised' he feels to perform well. Unless he's one of the pro-town investigative roles, in which case he's an idiot for role hinting so damn early.

Vote Player: Zeitgeist/Lungs

15. Lungs

Lungs KT Loser ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    K guys. Hi and stuff. I suppose this will be my 5th? 6th? mafia game? :p

I might have been a bit tag-happy (since I wasn't playing), and I'm slightly sorry about the thumbs... not really though - I'm pretty sure the only people who should be barred from thumbs are people who have had some role, or are obs... I don't see how I could have done any harm.

It appears that I've been inserted into a somewhat precarious position. While I'm still not entirely sure about playing this, I'd be slightly annoyed if I were lynched the first day :|

What I am worried about is that Irene is acting like irenized!Jon. Call me reflexive or defensive or something, but I honestly don't think you're acting like town!Irene :|

16. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    See I'm sorry but I just don't see it, he was exactly like this in Hunt of Thrones and he was pro town and combined with the fact that he actually does have real life issues going on right now, your reasoning seems very flimsy to me. I see nothing to really point to anyone just yet although the fact that KaiDASH seems so insistent to needle Zeit and keep him out of the game is extremely fishy to me. Also maybe its nothing but I can't help but notice that you seem to be playing the exact same way you did in Hunt of Thrones where you were high ranking scum.

We need to wait and discuss this more especially considering the very large amount of time we have. Hell maybe Zeit was scum but rushing to try and bandwagon him this fast especially given the circumstances strikes me as odd and not a good plan.

17. KaiDASH

Yes because giving a replacement a fair go sure is suspicious behavior.

18. Irene

Irene Seventh Year DLP Supporter Retired Staff DLP Gold Supporter

Lungs, what do you mean, Ireneized!Jon? Please don't ever use Irene as an adjective/verb again. Also, don't put Jon's name with mine.

Also, I'm playing this game differently from before, there's no denying that. But is there a fixed way I'm supposed to act if I'm town? Many would say my playing styles from tinyhunt, lesstiny and warlock were quite different too.

Also, Lungs, please give your opinion on Zeit.

19. Vesvius

Vesvius High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Vote Tally Thus Far

Lungs (Zeitgeist): 3
    Eternity Lost, Irene, Aekiel

Sacrifice: 1
    Commander Bond (Ollie K)

Jon: 1
    Kensington,

Not Voted Yet: 25
    1and1is3, Ashaya, Dead, Fenraelis, guljons, Jon, Jwlk, KaiDASH, Kalas, Kang, klackerz, Krogan, Lungs (Zeitgeist), mishie, Nae'blis, Necrule Paen, Palindrome, Republic21, Riley Poole, Sacrifice, Scrib, Sesc, Silens Cursor, Vira, Yeagen

There are 30 Players remaining, so 16 votes are required for a majority.

36 hours remaining in day one.

20. Lungs

Lungs KT Loser ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'm just part of the whole list of people who've been using your name in adjectival or verbal form :3

Zeit? I think he exaggerated the importance of his role. This isn't quite as interesting as I thought it would be. :|

It's a strange thing - your play styles may be different, but you kept a consistent voice through those games. I think your posting methodology changed, and I'm relatively certain that you're scum. Call it a gut feeling, call it a lungs!derp, but... I honestly think that lynching you would be +ev.