1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Gotham - Draw (Demon Mayor Wins)

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Vesvius, Nov 15, 2011.

1. Eternity Lost

Eternity Lost Squib

And could you care to explain why it's complete junk KaiDASH?

---------- Post automerged at 08:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 AM ----------

And Mishie, anything to say seeing as you haven't posted yet?

2. Yeagen

Yeagen First Year

This long running dispute between Kai and Krogan was entertaining at first but it has gotten rather stale. I'm still suspicious of Kaidash but I'm not convinced he is guilty. Nor am I sure about Krogan. Perhaps I'm doing a little metagaming but I'm reminded of DE2 where Fiat and Zeitgeist both accused the other of being scum and argued incessantly which made them both suspicious. However, they both turned out to be innocent. This could be the case here.

Kaidash's offer of a non-precise role reveal seems to have been forgotten in the current feud. Therefore, I will take you up on your offer. Kaidash, would you kindly reveal your role to us to clear up some of the confusion permeating the thread? It doesn't seem like you have much a chance to evade death at this point so this is your chance to prove yourself. It would be unfortunate if you are a powerful innocent role and would end being night killed anyway but if you are innocent it would give your claims credibility and help steer the town in the right direction. You could be lying of course, but that is what a counterclaim is for. In any case, I'm curious.

---------- Post automerged at 02:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:20 AM ----------

Since we are not supposed to edit our posts. Whatever a "non-precise" role reveal means exactly. Can you be exact?

3. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

For any of the following reasons:

1. Scumbuddies starting lynchwagons on each other on day 1 in a multiscum game is stupid
    2. Krogan started doing everything to set this up (defending of zeit etc) way prior to Zeit being replaced, so unless you're saying I predicted Zeit pulling out, it kind of falls flat
    3. Because being 'confirmed' town in this game is basically a negative due to the massive amount of night kills.

4. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    You kinda left out the middle where the guy I was trying to help turned on me and started trying to point the finger at me and so I said screw it. All I got for my effort was the finger being pointed at me and so I don't feel like wasting my time anymore which is not backpedaling. I can't say I'm terribly stunned at you trying to spoon feed people an opinion again though.

---------- Post automerged at 03:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:24 AM ----------

You know what Yeagans right, I'm out for the night. I have work most of the day tomorrow so have fun.

5. KaiDASH

Yeagen:

I am one of the following roles (I would normally be more vague, but I don't really think that's appropriate right now)

Azareal
    Oracle

If I am Azareal, I included Oracle to entice scum to NK me (because as I said earlier, a roleclaimed 'survives kills' role is borderline useless)

If I am Oracle, I included Azareal so as to make scum not want to NK me (because I would survive)

6. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Unless you're cleared by both my vote remains... Barbara.

7. Irene

Irene Seventh Year DLP Supporter Retired Staff DLP Gold Supporter

Alright guys. No zeit-baiting/same old same old Krogan mentioned Hush/Kai is mean to Zeit and hence scummy.

That’s over and done with.

The issue at hand: Kai or Krogan. But meanwhile we can talk about everyone else.

Firstly, Kai:

Screams scum, not gonna lie. It reminds me of his posts for SW2, really. Posting so much and effectively saying very little also really, honestly seems scummy to me. I mean, I did that for warlock.

Wait, backtrack. I was town for warlock. Nevermind. However, the fact that Eternity posted this further reinforced my suspicion that he is just a new guy that’s pro-town. I feel like as scum he would’ve gone a different way . The fact that he’s throwing suspicion on people in particular but not deciding on one seems a very town role to me.

Conclusion 1: Eternity is probably town.

And SW2… Kai wasn’t scum? Why is it that the more scummy I feel he is the more he was not scum? My sense, they have failed me.

Honestly, let’s meta-game.

If Kai is scum: He’s terrible at it, everyone knows, he’s getting killed anyway, one less terrible and obvious scum.

If Kai is town: He’s great at it, nobody listens because Kai is disposable? (This is amusing, really, I think Kai needs less ego-trips, but that also made me start doubting Krogan. Before this game, he has always been sorta pro-kai or of the camp that Kai is good at town and we should be sure before lynching
    him. It seems a bit off.)

Conclusion 2: Krogan is acting different from previous games regarding kai. (Not scum-tell. An observation.)

Next, my attention was drawn to the sudden switch of Krogan’s attitude. A little abrupt, I’d call it.

Sounds awesome. Un-Krogan like (I’d be the first to admit I don’t have a high opinion on Krogan) Reasonable, doubtful, genuinely non-impulsive unless Krogan mk. 1, he’s really….

Oh wait.

Bam. Switch.

There are a few points I don’t agree here.
    1) Zeit left because of me. No really, you can ask him yourself. Kai’s needling was a side effect, but his leaving mostly had to do with my post and I refuse to let anyone claim credit.

2) Sudden ‘I can’t believe I overlooked putting my vote in’ when 2 posts ago you were saying ‘I don’t want to vote yet.’ Is… Hmmm.

I agree with your last sentence, Kai’s been an ass. Then again, he usually is, even for SW2 if I remember right. He picks on Zeit a lot, and it’s gone beyond the game, though.

Jwlk, being his usual sharp self once more (Sorry, you had some moments in previous games) Said it in

Here’s my point. Silens’ post is understandable, and I even admire him for it. It takes massive, massive balls to post that and disregard any flake, and honestly, I’m not that brave. However, the origins of your vote seem to stem from pure defense of Zeit.

Whereas Silens was expressing his annoyance at Kai’s general asshole behaviour and the game affecting the town, you were specifically going to “Kai is scum because Zeit isn’t’ kind of argument which… I found even more well, yeah. If it’s day 2, I would attribute it to info-role like Batman/Robin or Officers, but your strong belief at so early in game is off. It’s giving me the feel of Vira in SW1. Vira, here’s one of your only flaws for SW1 (That made me spot you) You always acted that you know too much even for a pro-town info role (Ergo, in comparision to Kai/other power roles, even with info they were running around like headless chickens.)

Conclusion 3: Lungs/Zeit and Krogan are Batman/Robin, Officers or Scum buddies.

Then you go and say this, contradicting yourself:

“It has nothing to do with Zeit in particular, I don't trust Kai as far as I can throw him and I would try and advocate waiting on more or less anyone he was trying to railroad. He has a proven track record of pulling the town around by the nose and you all of following him right into a loss and I simply don't want to see it happen again. His blatant needling of Zeit and how he laughed about pushing his buttons for kicks genuinely makes me feel that his goal was to get Zeit to explode like he did so he could get him out of the game.”

General rule: backpedalling with defending someone is kinda erm… yeah. I recall in warlock with Silens, even though he defended the wrong guy he didn’t backpedal until info really revealed, and you backpedalled upon simple questions raised by jwlk. Either you just posted without thinking, or… You know. You’re afraid of being linked with Zeit. Why? If you guys are officers, you would push forward. It won’t matter as much.

Conclusion 4: Krogan is now quite likely to be scum. My instincts may be wrong, so I press on.

Then Hush mentioning happened, blah blah, pass because that’s been beaten to death. Kai and Krogan both got scummier by the minute. It’s like seeing two monkeys flinging mud at each other.

Oh, and sidetrack to Silens:

“To be completely honest, I didn't care if anyone was going to vote with me one way or another, because I was voting with what I thought was right. And I didn't expect a bandwagon, one way or another, to come up from it (on a side note - Kai, just because you don't consider the edits doesn't mean they didn't happen). Hell, I honestly expected people to turn on me for voting based not on meta-game knowledge or any real conjecture. I voted for Kai's lynch not because I think he's scum (although his subsequent posts just scream it), but because he was being a douche, and I didn't want to have to deal with it.”

Conclusion 5: Silens is either minor pro-town role or scum.

Sorry, you behaviour reminds me of when I was in tinyhunt, as Eager Cadet. Nothing to lose, go all out. I do get more of a town feel from you, if that helps. But yeah, I'll be very suspicious if you claim info role.

Also Conclusion 6: Commander Bond and Ashaya are town, I think. And Bond is being stupid. As usual. No surprise there.

Okay, in conclusion of tl;dr (1000 words woo)

I think Kai’s likely scum, but I think Krogan getting killed is more pressing at the moment. Once we kill Krogan, we can also draw an conclusion on Lungs/Silens but once we kill Kai Krogan can say ‘HA I WAS RIGHT AND HENCE I’M TOWN AND LUNGS IS INNOCENT’ and some people might believe them.

So as it is…

Vote Player: Krogan

---------- Post automerged at 04:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:12 AM ----------

Also, kekeke, after clogging the things with my post... I have more...

Lungs posted in post #140...

#141, the abrupt change I mentioned. Now, the timing is a little... might be coincidence, or shared qt? Again, ties in with Officer/scum theory. So... Yeah.

8. Sacrifice

Sacrifice Guest

I both agree and disagree with this. You are right, once Kai is killed and if he is revealed as scum, Krogan might use it to point out that he was right. However, it does not show that he is not scum, there are in total 4 mafia factions. I hope everyone realises that.

IF Kai is innocent, it is likely that the next day's lynch will be on Krogan.

If we kill Krogan now instead, Kai gets to live to the night. If he IS innocent, the scums will (probably) not NK him as letting him live will help to split the votes later on. That is rather detrimental to town.

Either way, KaiDASH dying first would be better than Krogan dying first, though they both seem scummish.

9. KaiDASH

Why would lynching me when the lynch was started and initially populated by scum and his buddies be a good thing to do?

10. Sacrifice

Sacrifice Guest

It gets things cleared up. You see, if you are committed and your role happens to be innocent, scum!Krogan and scum!Lungs/Zeit will be suspected immediately, and that gives us a clear direction of who to vote for Day 2.

If you are scum, hen there was no mislynch, and of course that's pro-town.

---------- Post automerged at 06:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:44 PM ----------

edit: then*

11. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Ok, what did I miss? Krogan vs Kaidash trash talk, both hitting red in the scumdar.
    Now, I'm afraid most of my points were covered by Irene, but I want to focus on the fact that Krogan used to be all "let's not rush things", and next thing we know, he's on a divine quest to lynch Kai.
    Now don't get me wrong, Kai has been acting very suspiciously. This does raise the question however, if Kai was scum, why the hell would he act so high-profile? He's a vet of mafia games, and I think that he's acting too stupidly if he is scum.

Krogan, on the other hand, immediately jumped on Silen's vote to start the bandwaggon. Also, I find your reasoning very silly (yours too Silens). So Kai was being a dick. So what? It's not the first time, nor is it the last time someone is being a dick, especially here in DLP.
    Personally, I was much more peeved from Zeit's posts. I don't really care why he joined, or who persuaded him, but the moment he joins he goes "FUCK YOU ALL I HATE THIS GAME". Fuck that shit. If you didn't like it, don't join. You don't have to ruin it for the rest of us. Irl problems? Ok, but it's not the first nor the last time any of us have irl problems, but don't take it out on us.

In conclusion, Kai may have been more aggressive than he should, but Krogan's attack is way too big for that to be enough of a reason. There has to be an ulterior motive. Plus, I hate meta-gamers.

Vote Player: Krogan

---------- Post automerged at 05:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:46 AM ----------

Also, Sacrifice, no matter Kai's role, that will say nothing of Krogan or Lungs, because you know what? it's still day 1, and everyone is stabbing in the dark.

If Kai is killed and shows a town role, Krogan and Lungs could go "oh shit", because they genuinely thought he was scum.
    I think this bandwaggon moved too fast, and must be stopped. Investigate KaiDASH, we have a bunch of roles who can do that. But also, be suspicious of how fast things moved, and of the people moving them.

12. Another Empty Frame

High Score:
    So I'm watching The Dark Knight and I realized something. it depends how much people like DC, and especially Batman.

It'll mix up everything, if someone's a real fan, they'll get into this, I mean if I were a villain I'd act like a real dick

If the joker is good, he'll fuck us all up, if Batman is good, he'll be like Kai, and if our Comish is good, things will go reeeeal well if he does his job.

Croc, everyone really, watch the Batman: The Animated Series, Emmy winning episode Almost Got 'im.

13. KaiDASH

I think batman would be kicking ass and taking names here tbh, rather than whatever it is that's happening to me. =(

14. Another Empty Frame

High Score:
    But no one really likes Wayne and that's who he is publicly. No worries, I'm confident you aren't Batman.

15. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Off to work in a minute, but I want this to continue.

Rescind Vote

16. Vesvius

Vesvius High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Mishie has informed me that he has to pull out due to RL issues. Best of luck to him (BTW, he really needs a new user name, because I keep thinking he's a she).

Sneakthief, you're up. PM is being sent out.

And now on to business as usual:

Vote Tally Thus Far

Jon: 1
    Kensington

KaiDASH: 13
    Jon, Krogan, Silens Cursor, Necrule Paen, Ashaya, Eternity Lost, Palindrome, Riley Poole, Scrib, Sacrifice, Lungs (Zeitgeist), Vira, Commander Bond (Ollie K),

Krogan: 5
    KaiDASH, Nae'blis, Kalas, Irene, Republic21

Not Voted Yet: 11
    1and1is3, Aekiel, Dead, Fenraelis, guljons, Jwlk, Kang, klackerz, Sesc, Sneakthief, Yeagen

Vote Ignored
    Jwlk

Last edited: Nov 17, 2011
  17. Irene

Irene Seventh Year DLP Supporter Retired Staff DLP Gold Supporter

Hey Ves, Nae'blis voted for Krogan. Thought you should know. Also, republic21's name is repeated in Not Voted. Thanks.

18. Vesvius

Vesvius High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Le edited.

19. Silens Cursor

Silens Cursor The Silencer DLP Supporter

Well, nice to know you get more of a town vibe from me - namely 'cause you were on the money regarding me as a minor role. Don't really have much to lose here.

But with all due seriousness, even if Kai is pointed out as pro-town, I still would have voted for him, regardless of the way others voted. If I was the only one voting for him, I still would stand behind it. And frankly, while Zeit's decision to leave factors a bit into my decision, his general demeanour and douchebaggery in the course of the past few hours and his ability to monopolize conversation the way he does means he's a good target, if only to clean up and simplify the game.

And frankly, Irene, you aren't on my radar the same way because while you could be scum (not going to discount it ;)), you weren't as fucking annoying and insulting as KaiDASH was. So while you may have been the primary cause for Zeit leaving, you weren't the one gloating and making a general ass of himself afterwards - in other words, you're better to play the game with, even if you are plotting to kill me.

But yeah, whatever Krogan's doing certainly isn't helping his case either. Providing he doesn't die tonight from a NK, he's definitely on my list to go after next.

20. KaiDASH

Consequence free lynch voting starring Silens

Step 1
    State that you would lynch them even they were confirmed town

Step 2
    Bus your scumbuddy Krogan (and/or ???)

Step 3
    PROFIT