1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Gotham - Draw (Demon Mayor Wins)

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Vesvius, Nov 15, 2011.

1. Lungs

Lungs KT Loser ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Still haven't dealt with Eternity as you promised, Irene :|

Also, no answer to my metagaming question. I know it sort of goes beyond the scope of just this game, but I'm using Batmafia as a Batmobile (teehee) to getting answers about what people think of it rather than just starting a thread about it...

Silen's comment about Krogan dying from a nightkill worries me - it seems to lend credence to Irene's theory that he might be scum and that he's secretly gloating. Meanwhile, he isn't exactly playing like scum - with the whole "throw yourself at the enemy" thing.

Kai, you're seriously... I don't even know at this point. My lynch vote was to make sure that you didn't diffuse town interests any further... but... it's getting more and more relevant with every post.

I'm almost certain you're scum. You and... Irene.

Let me explain my reasoning behind Irene.

On face, she plays like batman!Irene - with the same jumps in logic that, somehow, seem to make perfect sense.

In some cases, they're not even jumps. The problem is the focus of her accusations, etc... I'm not so sure about her methodology. As I said, call me an idiot, call me a derp, but I honestly feel that something is off about Irene...

At this point, I don't know if she's guilty or not. She could be, after all, the Batman. LOL.

Meanwhile... I am certain Kai is guilty. Everything's smokey, mirrory, and some of it seems wholly inappropriate. I thought I'd wake up this morning with a sense of focus about how to deal with the situation presented, and that I'd know who was scum after a night's rest...

Turns out, I'm even more confused.

So I'm latching on like a rabid dog.

Kai. You're scum. And you should die. :\

Krogan and Irene, you're next :| I'm almost convinced that you three are actually scumbuddies, and your shit just backfired.

It seems to make some sense. Zeit gets angry, and Irene and Kai try to smush him.

You two diffuse the vote so we get nothing done, because there will always be people who don't vote, and lurk. So Kai comes dangerously close to death, and Krogan comes dangerously close to death, day after day.

Irene drives the town into voting against Townies, but she's counting on people to believe that she's not entirely trustworthy... That way, the vote diffusion stays diffused.

None of them die at night (because they're scum). They wake up, point fingers at one another again, and slowly, everyone is nightkilled.

When the game ends, it's supersuccessful.

God damn it, just lynch one of them. Lynch both of them. Lynch all three of them. But I totally agree with Ashaya more than ever. Lynch is THE most powerful tool of the town, especially when there's role reveal.

See DE1: it's def. the tactic Ash used against town.

2. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

I'm pretty amazed you think a perpetual deadlock is even a thing seeing as both batman and huntress are capable of killing people at night (and are town). Or maybe I'm not amazed since getting me lynched would play perfectly to your goals lungs.

Anyway lungs(zeit)/krogan/silens/x scumbuddies calling it here and now for reals.

3. Lungs

High Score:
    K. Batman and Huntress, kill whichever of the three survives the lynch tonight. :|

4. KaiDASH

Don't be intentionally obtuse

5. Lungs

High Score:
    Don't be an asshole, then.

---------- Post automerged at 10:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 AM ----------

Sorry, I didn't mean to be a douche. That was a reflexive response.

Doesn't change the fact that I want to lynch you. See: You're scum. See: I mean that in all definitions of the word scum :|

6. KaiDASH

That's ok, I think you're a scum asshole too

7. Lungs

High Score:
    Yeah, you're in bed with Irene though.

I find you accusations desperate as hell.

8. Irene

Irene Seventh Year DLP Supporter Retired Staff DLP Gold Supporter

Lungs. "In bed with Irene?"

You know what. Forget it. Vesvius, am I allowed to cite personal attack as a reason for quitting the game? There's a line, Vesvius. and Lungs has crossed it.

EDIT: Know what damned you as scum? It was not Zeit at all. The moment you took that step (Not to mention trying to dictate what Batman and batgirl does giving little concrete reason and appearing a little too competent because this is the first tl;dr I've seen you do in batmafia.)

But you went and did that.

I don't care if it's a game strategy, Lungs. I think you deserve to be mod-killed and I'm not afraid of saying it. I'm not dictating what Vesvius does, he probably won't do that to you, but since I can't take it, I guess one of us has to go, and it's not you.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2011
  9. Eternity Lost

Eternity Lost Squib

Irene stop being a drama queen and harden up. Lungs didn't mean it as a personal attack.

Will the lurkers who aren't posting come out and give us their views?

Most of those who haven't voted aren't getting involved and they are the ones who will decide where this lynch goes.

Come out of hiding. We don't bite (hard).

10. Lungs

High Score:
    Hey, that's just an expression, and was only semiserious :/

11. Irene

I see no apology.

On Eternity: He's genuinely giving the feel that he's new at this and doesn't know better. I know there's the slight feeling that he's keeping something from us, making him either a info-role or a role with info at the start. In either side, he doesn't smell scum to me.

EDIT: Also, Vesvius, cooled down a little. Still mad at Lungs, but I'll not be an over-reacting bitch anymore. Sorry.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2011
  12. Eternity Lost

Eternity Lost Squib

What would I be keeping at the moment if I was an inforole?

13. Irene

Eternity. If you're an inforole, you'll be much more observant on the people and what they are saying and the possible roles they are, basically, gathering info for nightime. In which case, you will also seem to be keeping role informations to yourself. It doesn't matter if you have no concrete knowing proof of a certain role. The belief/conclusion on one can cause you to act like you have a starting-role information.

Do you need further explanations?

14. Vesvius

Vesvius High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Alright, bulletin time. I'm doing this on my phone from work, so excuse any errors please.

Irene: I agree with you on personal attacks being a reason to leave the game. However, I don't think lungs meant that as an attack. Its a common expression and I dont believe he meant anything besides that.

Despite that, lungs, if you could apologize that'd be swell. I can see how Irene would take offense to that, and I think she does deserve an apology.

Furthermore, next person who makes this game personal gets replaced. After that, I'll be out of alts so if anyone else makes it personal, they get modkilled.

Third strike, I'm shutting this game down. No more kills, no discussion, doesn't matter who dis it. Game will just be over.

That cool with everyone? Good.

Nae
  15. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:
    So Ves here's where the boundaries come under questioning. I get nothing strictly personal, but what about scum-calling and insults based on suspected roles? Honestly I love seeing people make ridiculous insults in the game, for the fun of the game.

That said things can be too personal, I get that, I just feel that you should be more clear or people might say things they think they won't get cracked down for and get fucked over.

16. Vesvius

Vesvius High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Ollie (who I refuse to call by his new name): game related insults are just dandy. One of my favorite parts of the game.

But no more personal attacks will be tolerated. You'll know if you cross the line by me modhammering you.

17. Fishy Justice

Fishy Justice Fourth Year

Krogan and Kai sure are an impressive circus act. Ideally I wouldn't lynch either of them, and instead try to look at those in between the two. Leave it till night to see if either or both of them survive the night.

But that isn't going to happen. One of them is going to be lynched today. I haven't decided just yet, and this post is mostly to ascertain that "HEY, I exist."

But while I'm at it: Initial thoughts.

Krogan and Kai are pushing a little too hard; stupidly hard even. If either of them are scum I'd assume it would be low ranking. (or otherwise just ballzy) I'm disinclined to believe either of them are actually scum. Nor do I think one turning up innocent will be proof of anything.

The first day is always a shot in the dark. The biggest difference you can make is a few meters forward. With that said, I'll vote in a few hours.

18. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

How much time so we have left?

19. Fishy Justice

Fishy Justice Fourth Year

22 Hours from 12 AM. So seven if I'm not being retarded.

20. Lungs

High Score:
    I'm home, and I'm sorry.

It totally went over the line, despite the fact that I was going for punny and not offensive :|

I still stand by my scumreads, etc...

Well, actually, as I said, I'm not 100% sure on it, but like any good Republican player, I'm willing to stand by it.